Intermittent problems

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Intermittent problems

Post by fermain »

The messageboard seems to be suffering from some problems and users are getting the message
Unable to remove files within ./cache/. Please check directory permissions.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: admin@uafc.co.uk
This is caused by permissions to the cache folder being wrong (they're not) but the error is being caused from the webhosts side and not us. There is some maintenance scheduled for 11pm tonight, and this may be the reason why maintenance nees to be done. Not much we can do unfortunately. We apologise for the inconvenience, but please bear with us, and just try to get back on again by using the refresh (F5) key.
Thanks
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Intermittent problems

Post by fermain »

Well, thank the ># we're back.
Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances that we had absolutely no control over, the board was unavailable after about 10 oclock. Some had already identified intermittent problems, but these got worse, and despite reassurances that the system admin was working on it, it took a long time to fix. Apparently there was so much data to go through, this was the reason for the length of time taken. Thanks to all who emailed in. :salut:
Ahyhooo, it's a go again. Hope youse all weren't too put out, and once again sorry for the inconvenience. I believe work productivity hit an all-time high yesterday according to NI Work & Pensions dept.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Yeah, it's only when it goes down you realise what an important service you provide Fermain. I ended up on Munsterfans! :puker:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Jackie Brown wrote:Yeah, it's only when it goes down you realise what an important service you provide Fermain.
Likewise - I noted that I tried for hours- for me the board couln't be obtained from the afternoon- never noticed before how much is on the rest of the UAFC site though!!

Anyway- welcome back!!! :cheers:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Yeah, it's only when it goes down you realise what an important service you provide Fermain. I ended up on Munsterfans! :puker:
Bit of crack though to go down to >TT and do a quick :stir: on one of the >TT :mexican: threads then retire safely to a distance and watch the fall out :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Rooster wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Yeah, it's only when it goes down you realise what an important service you provide Fermain. I ended up on Munsterfans! :puker:
Bit of crack though to go down to >TT and do a quick :stir: on one of the >TT :mexican: threads then retire safely to a distance and watch the fall out :lol:
On Ulster's current form I am throwing no stones from the glasshouse myself!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

well i used my time constuctively yesterday and got 5 new "friends" on Facebook - and yes its true
folks - wee Gemma has a tattoo !
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

are the private messages working - when i send they go into the outbox - are they stuck or do they stay there until the recipient opens them?

cheers
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:are the private messages working - when i send they go into the outbox - are they stuck or do they stay there until the recipient opens them?

cheers
They stay there till they are read by the receiver.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best