Microsoft Outlook.

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

dead ball
Steward

Microsoft Outlook.

Post by dead ball »

Okay so no one needs to answer this. But has anyone any pointers to recover my Microsoft Outlook a fault keeps coming up (on a pop up of sorts) and I can't get access to anything.

Ps solution would need to be simple I'm a technophob!
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Get the software cd, and reinstall it. Your files wont be lost, but everything should work again. It may even give you the option to try a 'repair' on it, but this doesn't alwaya work.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Fermain
Which sofware CD. I have 4 CD's all of them are Sony VAIO but no microsoft ones! :shock:
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

DB you need the Microsoft Office CD thats where Outlook is stored, when you put cd in pc it will come up with option of delete, add or restore, hit restore and you are back in business.
If you have not got Office try and do a system restore on pc go back before things went wrong and say restore to this point, it might work if you have not lost something :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

I don't have the CD.

And I tried the other and I still cant get in. it says "cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst.Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool".

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

aaahh, your .pst file is the one that holds all your emails. If it goes, then you'll have lost all of them. You need to get the MS Office CD and try a repair/reinstall or it's knackered.

Post by Guest »

Don't panic what you need may be on your pc
If your Outlook 2000 personal folders file (.pst) or offline folders file (.ost) has been corrupted or damaged, you can often use the Inbox Repair Tool to recover some or all of the information in these files.

The Inbox Repair Tool (also referred to as Scanpst.exe) is designed to scan and repair inconsistencies found in a .pst or .ost file. After scanning the file, Inbox Repair Tool creates a report that you can view by clicking the Details button. You can then choose to repair the file or to quit without repairing it. If you choose to repair the file, you can also choose whether or not to create a backup file.

The Inbox Repair Tool is included on the Microsoft Office 2000 or Outlook 2000 CD and is installed automatically during setup in Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033\95 (or NT if you are using Microsoft Windows NT®). Use the Windows® Find feature to search for Scanpst.exe.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assis ... 11033.aspx
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

dead ball wrote:Fermain
Which sofware CD. I have 4 CD's all of them are Sony VAIO but no microsoft ones! :shock:
Usually you will have received a number of CDs with back-up copies of your pre-installed software. I can't quite understand how they would all be labelled VAIO though as Microsoft are pretty keen to maintain their branding. Check the contents of each of your CDs DB one of them should have microsoft office on it.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

He does not need it read my post above the tool is in his pc, I have used it in the past.
Ps DB if it works you owe me a pint :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

nowadays many manufacturers do not supply cd's with the pc's/laptops
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

fermain wrote:nowadays many manufacturers do not supply cd's with the pc's/laptops
bit of a nuisance that f :shock: I suppose I'll have to believe you though. :evil:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

i noticed that lately when a neighbour got a new pc which Windows had only some features installed, when I went to add them no disc :shock: they phoned PC World and were told it was an extra :shock:
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

even Dell