Anybody got a telly with a refresh rate of 100hz?

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Anybody got a telly with a refresh rate of 100hz?

Post by big mervyn »

If so does your dog watch it?

Somebody told me that dogs can't watch TV because they have a high flicker fusion and don't see continuous motion pictures at 50/60hz i.e. most TVs.

The thinking is that modern sets that refresh at 100hz or better should be visible to canines.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Re: Anybody got a telly with a refresh rate of 100hz?

Post by pythagoras »

big mervyn wrote:If so does your dog watch it?

Somebody told me that dogs can't watch TV because they have a high flicker fusion and don't see continuous motion pictures at 50/60hz i.e. most TVs.

The thinking is that modern sets that refresh at 100hz or better should be visible to canines.
Something to take into consideration :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Anybody got a telly with a refresh rate of 100hz?

Post by big mervyn »

pythagoras wrote:
big mervyn wrote:If so does your dog watch it?

Something to take into consideration :lol:
Aye. If it's too wet to take the dog out, I could put her in front of a vid of Homeward Bound instead :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall