Dreamboxes and Sky Card Sharing.

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Dreamboxes and Sky Card Sharing.

Post by fuzzylogic »

Anyone any experience with this? Was looking into it a little last night, would be hard to argue with full sky inc HD for roughly £20 a month rather than the £70 or whatever it is that sky are selling.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dreamboxes and Sky Card Sharing.

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

UGh Rooster, you would love it if I got one, its set up part of the home LAN and records direct to PC. Could get our full ulster games in HD up and save you a job lol.

Finding it hard to argue with the works from sky for £150 a year!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

fuzzylogic wrote:UGh Rooster, you would love it if I got one, its set up part of the home LAN and records direct to PC. Could get our full ulster games in HD up and save you a job lol.

Finding it hard to argue with the works from sky for £150 a year!
The judge may not se it that way............
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Done my research. Illegal to broadcast the feeds or clone cards. Gray area in the viewing.... Hmmmm
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fuzzylogic wrote:Done my research. Illegal to broadcast the feeds or clone cards. Gray area in the viewing.... Hmmmm
Probably, though it has been going for a while now so doubt if it will actually last much longer before they plug the security, then your box will just send signals round your own house from your own subscription.
Anytime+ on Sky is already on download from net so probably first step in connecting boxes through net to verify where they actually are.
Oh by the way my internet security blocked about 50% of those sites with the software as unsafe or malware when I went to check it out.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Rooster » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Oh by the way my internet security blocked about 50% of those sites with the software as unsafe or malware when I went to check it out.
Which sites?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by Rooster » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Which sites?
Couldn't be arsed looking again but on the first Google search page it blocked 7 of them as malware and phishing sites.
cardsharing. com and co.uk are 2 for a start
Rory Best