Recent forum topics

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

widerball
Novice

Recent forum topics

Post by widerball »

Is is possible to have this box placed at the top of forum pages rather than at the bottom?

I choose to have the latest posts as page 1 and after viewing have to scroll to the bottom to look at updates on other topics. :cheers:
Any idiot can face a crisis -it's day to day living that wears you out.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Recent forum topics

Post by fermain »

ach, what he means is swapping the order of topics so the latest post is at the top of the first page... I think :scratch:

Now it is possible to do this, but it means that people looking at a topic for the first time have to read the latest post, and then go backwards to catch the drift of the thread, and sometimes it can be a ball-ache to do this. A decision was taken very on in UAFC land to keep it this way round, so people were more or less 'forced' to read all posts before getting to the end when they start at the beginning...
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
widerball
Novice

Post by widerball »

ach, what he means is swapping the order of topics so the latest post is at the top of the first page... I think :scratch:

Now it is possible to do this, but it means that people looking at a topic for the first time have to read the latest post, and then go backwards to catch the drift of the thread, and sometimes it can be a ball-ache to do this. A decision was taken very on in UAFC land to keep it this way round, so people were more or less 'forced' to read all posts before getting to the end when they start at the beginning...

No. Viewers can customise the forum - see bottom of forum pages - to have the latest posts as the first page.

All I want is the box of recent forum topics to be at the top of the page as it used to be.
I accept that ads , shop etc might be more important for some.
Any idiot can face a crisis -it's day to day living that wears you out.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Actually I get Widerball's point, the old scroll down everytime is a minor bind, especially when my mouse seems to have taken an aversion to scrolling & I have to use the fecking arrows.

However given the site was re-gigged pretty recently I'm guessing there was a reason for whacking thon box to the bottom?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Why not just put active topics in your favourites- one click and you're there
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

aah ok, I see now.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!