BBC has disappeared across Europe!!!

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

BBC has disappeared across Europe!!!

Post by Setanta »

This is catastrophic for us exiles. It will be possible to get BBC London but for rugby lovers BBC Wales and BBC NI are now impossible other than by a black site on the PC. ITV and all others are still reachable by satellite but I read they will disappear also in the next few days. Apparently the Beeb has moved to a new satellite to minimise the footprint on Europe. Why? - good question. Even more frustrating is they don't know themselves when which channels will be available! Adjusting your satellite may be all that's required but they will not be finished with moving/adjusting the satellite until mid-February!

I had looked forward to a quiet retirement watching rugby; thanks to English and now Welsh club owners, bad weather(the only one I forgive!) and BT/Sky, Italian and British politicians it now looks like I'll be seeing less, rearrange the following well-known phrase: all them feck!!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: BBC has disappeared across Europe!!!

Post by Rooster »

They won't be live but I will post videos of match tonight as soon as possible.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You have my deepest sympathies Santa.

My hovel in Spain has a general Satellite offering but I also subscribe to a nice company of satellite thieves who offer me the SKY sports offerings in addition to several other channels. I asked them a couple of years back if they could add RTE2 , more in hope than expectation but obligingly, there it sits to this day.

I am going to mi casa in April & shall investigate quickly what is available, if there is no BBC NI &Wales I will be asking my friends Pablo at Surpris07 to add them to their offering. Frankly I love Spanish people, they are so obliging and all for a paltry €18 a month. :D

Perhaps some local TV pirate might be able to offer something similar in the land of Toblerone where a nod, a wink and a lengthy number are God? N'est pa?

I know that in Norn Iron "the Russian" provides every channel under the sun, subscription and otherwise, for about 10% of SKY's valuation of their product alone. I don't use "the Russian" but increasingly I wonder why? I may well be insane paying about £70 more than I could.

Anyway Santa, I'm now rambling so I'll leave you on this cheery note, criminals abhor a vacuum, if a gap has been left in the market, some nice chap with an eye to profit will fill it, happy hunting. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Thanks for the recording and the sympathy; but I haven't given up yet on finding a solution. Wish I could be half so confident on the Celtic league and a European cup for next season!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

One of those massive big dishes they talk to the men on Mars with and suck the BBC satellite back over your way a bit.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jrstandsup
Novice

Post by jrstandsup »

know that in Norn Iron "the Russian" provides every channel under the sun, subscription and otherwise, for about 10% of SKY's valuation of their product alone. I don't use "the Russian" but increasingly I wonder why? I may well be insane paying about £70 more than I could.
Sounds like valuable information that should be shared with the rest of us. How do we contact Vladimir?

Maybe I could catch up with Atlantic and Arts - the only channels I ever found worth watching regularly
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

All-clear siren!!! Channels gradually coming back, even HD and some extra! Whew!!!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jrstandsup wrote:
know that in Norn Iron "the Russian" provides every channel under the sun, subscription and otherwise, for about 10% of SKY's valuation of their product alone. I don't use "the Russian" but increasingly I wonder why? I may well be insane paying about £70 more than I could.
Sounds like valuable information that should be shared with the rest of us. How do we contact Vladimir?

Maybe I could catch up with Atlantic and Arts - the only channels I ever found worth watching regularly
I don't have his details, but I know a man who does.

The downside is if you miss a payment you don't get cut of, well, I say you don't get cut of, actually your wee finger does. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:All-clear siren!!! Channels gradually coming back, even HD and some extra! Whew!!!!
FFS Santa, you had us all worried.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I think E. Europe, Spain, Germany, Italy and Portugal may not be so lucky - footprint drastically reduced