SPAM email

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

SPAM email

Post by fermain »

Currently, the UAFC email servers are receiving "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" emails, which suggest that my (fermain@uafc.co.uk) email address has been SENDING emails out to various people, including members.

Each email says they are from "conalldoherty88".

These emails are titled, "Hello", "Surprise" or "My news!" and there could be others.

Please do not click on any links or open any attachments within the email.

These were NOT sent by me, and I apologise if you have received anything untoward.

The passwords have been changed in case our severs have been compromised.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: SPAM email

Post by BR »

Is it not more likely that they've just spoofed your email address into the from parameter? Are they actually being sent to *your* contacts, or are they just random addresses?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Indeed, but just being cautious. Not all are my contacts, and some of the names sent to are rugby related, inc Ulster Rugby.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Sounds far from random then. Could be Ulster Rugby who have been infected of course :)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fermain wrote:Currently, the UAFC email servers are receiving "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" emails, which suggest that my (fermain@uafc.co.uk) email address has been SENDING emails out to various people, including members.

Each email says they are from "conalldoherty88".

These emails are titled, "Hello", "Surprise" or "My news!" and there could be others.

Please do not click on any links or open any attachments within the email.

These were NOT sent by me, and I apologise if you have received anything untoward.

The passwords have been changed in case our severs have been compromised.
You'd think at 27 he'd be less of a dickhead. I see Conal is suffering early male pattern baldness and appears to be a midget. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Sounds far from random then. Could be Ulster Rugby who have been infected of course :)
I think they were a few weeks ago ? There were some emails going out that staff did not send.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best