what's the story?

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

browner wrote:the fact is people know it is there and the memberlist is there for all to see.
Believe it or not, I hadn't actually spotted that until you pointed it out. Never occured to me to look in the usergroups list and I would imagine I'm not alone in that.

We appear to be in safe hands, although I'm somewhat concerned about the number of photos of Jamesie that are likely to be forthcoming :D
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

barney wrote:We appear to be in safe hands, although I'm somewhat concerned about the number of photos of Jamesie that are likely to be forthcoming :D
just giving the people what they want barney :wink: :afro:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I am afraid that I too had the impression of a small clique debating private topics in a closed forum.

I too would have some issues over the fact that some of these members could possibily be moderators on threads that they also engage in discussion whilst using different names. This was a problem that I also had with the old URSC site. I only use as an example the most recent change of The Fonz as a new moderator ie are they new or are they simply another user under a new name.

I also feel that nothing would have been lost in widening the search for ideas amongst all members. It may have made them feel inclusive and indeed may also have led to something.

Just my pennysworth
Last edited by Cockatrice on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

please don't mention the photo gallery :oops: I am sooo far behind with it, i've got photos coming outta my ears....
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

fermain wrote:please don't mention the photo gallery :oops: I am sooo far behind with it, i've got photos coming outta my ears....
Including me parading UAFC wares alongside George Hook! Wouldn't mind, but you've no idea how hard I had to suck my gut in.

CT raises a good point about inclusivity. How about a "sticky" topic in Technobabble called "Suggestion Box" where the great unwashed could post our suggestions? Make us feel special, like :D
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Good idea - and then us really important people could just ignore it :lol: :lol: :lol:

( THAT'S A JOKE BY THE WAY - I DON'T ACTUALLY MEAN THAT!!!!!!)
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Suggestion Box - I like that. Good idea Barney, thats a cert!... don't be going off-topic now! :evil:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

:shock: well you've just said something completely different in the AFC forum.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

f*"£$%@king ba"%$*%$£&rd! :evil:
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

i just hope no-one mentions the 'freedom of information act 2000' :roll:

...DOH! :x
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The daft thing about the whole idea of a secret society is the fact that if fermain had wanted it to be totally secret he would not have left it as a group that everyone can see exists.
On another point, slightly offtrack, UR had originally stated that URSC members would have a seperate section of their own so what was to stop them doing a similar section in which URSC business could have been discussed and only accessed by members.

Jamesie, don't worry about fredom of information act sure the government does not worry about it :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pressbox
Warrior

Post by pressbox »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Gawd if they delve into it though :shock:
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I have probably spoken to, PM'd or emailed all in the after 5 club. I also suspect few of them knew each other say 2 years ago and I doubt if there is any 'old school' clique.

The key to this topic is, that whatever they talk about could have been done by PM's (more difficult) or emails (probably not as convenient).

The facility (if it replicates the ability to have different threads as the main forum) is probably the most efficient way of having group discussions involving different topics.

All the Admin is presumably done for you with no 'move to folder' etc, etc.

With the number of emails I receive, believe me I have a good feel for the problem.

I can now see that it would be a great 'tool' for a committee I am involved in. The only problem that would have to be solved is that of confidentiality which does not arise in the after 5 club as those with full access seem to already be in the club. That would not be the case however were forums like this to be used for the business of a committee unless those with full access were also committee members.

Sad but there you go!

Remember they could find more secretive ways to discuss things off-forum!
pressbox
Warrior

Post by pressbox »

You mean like our After Five Club in the Hilton at Templepartick every Thursday after a round of golf.... :oops: thought I was in the AFC forum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cables when you say full access I presume you think that we can all do the same as a moderator :? not true it is just the same format as in here. Only the moderators whoever they are have full access.
We dont all know each other as I have never met some of the members and that would probably go for everyone.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best