what's the story?

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Hope I have not given the wrong impression Rooster. Let me try to explain.

If I asked a MB to host a usergroup for the exclusive use of a committee, then confidentiality could be an issue unless those with full access were also members of the same committee.

Does that help?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sorry took you up wrong Cables, I see what you are getting at now, but I would like to think that the moderators would keep anything they could see confidential as well. Anyone who updates pages on the board as I do from time to time has no more access to the message board though than you do, as it's a different part of the system in a way.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Can anyone answer my questions re moderators then? particularly if they also involve themselves on the board in other topics. Most people know fermain and he uses the same name as when posting but clearly use different one.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Glad we got there Rooster.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Yes ct, i can easily answer that. I work for a web dev agency, made up of 4 people, 3 of whom are mods... Me, count karlstein, and uafcadmin. The other two are too busy at work to really do much moderating. Both english, and admin only likes Ulster cause I talk about them so much. Count Karlstein is into Extreme Sports, and almost never does any work :twisted:

The Fonz is a member of my family who I have asked to help, as he has become re-interested in Ulster this past year or so. he attends Ravers regularly, and I trust his judgement implicitly.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

I'm :D
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

I love secret societies. So do the rest of the FRUScoop cabal.

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Kimble make sure you get an assurance before you join

Or 7 years transportation awaits you
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Thanks for that fermain the only reason that I used Fonz was as an example as it had recently appeared. It wasn't about judgement but a slight concern that a user on the board could also be moderating say on the same thread under a different name.

Apart from yourself of course but then we all know you and where to find you if we need to sort you out (sorry if there is a problem).
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

It's great being secret Kimmi.

Thats why I don't let you give out the url for our secret messageboard - god knows what sort of riff raff would try to join sending us opinions we don't care about.
A vote for Kimble is a vote for progress!
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dewi,
Don't you mean messageboards (plural)?

Or didn't you tell kimmi about the other one?
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

Now let's see. We have the FRU Message Board where we talk about the next issue of The FRU, the SCOOP Message Bored where we talk about how boring SCOOP is, we have the Dead Bored where we let Dead Ball talk to himself and of course the Kimble Board where we mastermind Kimbles campaign to seize power of the URSC - this is the one that Kimble knows nothing about!

Did I get them all Cap'n?
A vote for Kimble is a vote for progress!
Disco Biscuit
Squire

Post by Disco Biscuit »

Alas, I see that this thread has brought talk of secret deals / secret handshakes / secret members lounges and conflict of interests up to the point of it being referred to as a Cabal.

This is a serious issue and the concerns of the contributors need to be looked at.

Therefore, I'm calling for the AFC and the FRUscoop inner sanctum to meet me on the earlier of the two previously mentioned "session" dates to discuss operational / administrational direction.

Mr Discotheque Garibaldi
aka Disco Biscuit
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

I think a full, open and unimbiguo... tarsprent... tarnishe... tranpsarent...well, you know, thingy enquiry should be held and the results published on the Message Board for all to see, so I do.

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Sorry, did I miss something. Was UAFC suddenly made a proper 'club' with members and committees and accountability, or are we still relying on the benevolence of Fermain the dictator?

If you want democracy go to the dark side!