Suggestion Box

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
bogboy
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3124
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: 2 close 4 comfort

Post by bogboy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:00 pm

abit like banning intercourse
2B or not 2B that is the question ?

McPepper
Initiate
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by McPepper » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Just a question but will u be changing the logo at the top of the Forums as 3 of the players are gone?

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Rooster » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:59 pm

McPepper wrote:Just a question but will u be changing the logo at the top of the Forums as 3 of the players are gone?
Yes but new season not started yet :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

UlsterInDublin
Novice
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: The Fair City

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by UlsterInDublin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi,
Congrats on the new site, its looking good. Can i make one suggestion- the print size is quite small on a lot of pages- example would be ravenhill nights, yer man in the stand. it just seems very small! quite difficult to read, especially on a laptop...all else is great!! :salut:

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 12314
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Beer garden

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by fermain » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:49 am

Current text is standard web site size for many websites these days. Any bigger would be too big for people with smaller screen resolutions.
Try pressing 'CTRL' and '+' key together to increase text size. The site format should remain the same just get bigger.
'CTRL' and '-' together to decrease.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!

User avatar
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 pm
Location: Belshaft, Norn Iron

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by AyeYerMa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Tapatalk compatibility?
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 12314
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Beer garden

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by fermain » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 am

Great suggestion. :thumleft:

I have activated tapatalk on the forum, so the UAFC messageboard is now available in a mobile format for a wide range of mobile phones.

The app is available for the iphone, Android, Windows7, WebOs, Blackberry & Nokia phones. For the Blackberry it's currently a free download, for others it seems to be $2-$3 to download. After some UAT, it seems to work fairly well, although some functionality is not available. Give it a try!

Search for UAFC in the search box :red:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!

User avatar
Lanzaman
Initiate
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Off the western coast of Africa
Contact:

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Lanzaman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:27 am

fermain wrote:Great suggestion. :thumleft:

I have activated tapatalk on the forum, so the UAFC messageboard is now available in a mobile format for a wide range of mobile phones.

The app is available for the iphone, Android, Windows7, WebOs, Blackberry & Nokia phones. For the Blackberry it's currently a free download, for others it seems to be $2-$3 to download. After some UAT, it seems to work fairly well, although some functionality is not available. Give it a try!

Search for UAFC in the search box :red:
"No matches found ... did you mean UFC?" is message I get on searching for the app on iphone :scratch:

I did however find Rugby Fans - Ulster, but before I splash out my £1.19, is this the same app ?

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Rooster » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:38 am

Lanzaman wrote:
fermain wrote:Great suggestion. :thumleft:

I have activated tapatalk on the forum, so the UAFC messageboard is now available in a mobile format for a wide range of mobile phones.

The app is available for the iphone, Android, Windows7, WebOs, Blackberry & Nokia phones. For the Blackberry it's currently a free download, for others it seems to be $2-$3 to download. After some UAT, it seems to work fairly well, although some functionality is not available. Give it a try!

Search for UAFC in the search box :red:
"No matches found ... did you mean UFC?" is message I get on searching for the app on iphone :scratch:

I did however find Rugby Fans - Ulster, but before I splash out my £1.19, is this the same app ?
http://www.tapatalk.com/
It is working on Blackberry and Android

Search UAFC all in upper case Lanza.
Bottom of list on left at present so it is registered
http://www.tapatalk.com/network.php
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
Lanzaman
Initiate
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Off the western coast of Africa
Contact:

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Lanzaman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Rooster wrote:
Lanzaman wrote:
fermain wrote:Great suggestion. :thumleft:

I have activated tapatalk on the forum, so the UAFC messageboard is now available in a mobile format for a wide range of mobile phones.

The app is available for the iphone, Android, Windows7, WebOs, Blackberry & Nokia phones. For the Blackberry it's currently a free download, for others it seems to be $2-$3 to download. After some UAT, it seems to work fairly well, although some functionality is not available. Give it a try!

Search for UAFC in the search box :red:
"No matches found ... did you mean UFC?" is message I get on searching for the app on iphone :scratch:

I did however find Rugby Fans - Ulster, but before I splash out my £1.19, is this the same app ?
http://www.tapatalk.com/
It is working on Blackberry and Android

Search UAFC all in upper case Lanza.
Bottom of list on left at present so it is registered
http://www.tapatalk.com/network.php
Cheers Rooster - I didn't realise that it was the actual 'tapatalk' app that I had to download - I was searching directly for a UAFC App :roll:

Now sorted :thumleft:

User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 9123
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by mikerob » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Rugby Fans Ulster on the iPhone app store is just an app someone has written to scrape various information that is freely available from other locations. No need to get this as you can do the same with any RSS feed reader.

On iPhone app store the free version of Tapatalk which is read only is temporarily unavailable & will be back on 1st Dec.

I've just downloaded the paid version of Tapatalk supporting read & write for £1.79 - its excellent - far better than using the browser! :salut: :thumleft:

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 12314
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Beer garden

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by fermain » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:30 pm

I agree, it looks good on android, and while not uafc 'skinned' it represents the forums and threads effectivly
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!

User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 9123
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by mikerob » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:50 pm

uafc1.jpg
uafc1.jpg (21.73 KiB) Viewed 2037 times

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Rooster » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Blackberry version is just plain text at present but suppose when they get full release and you pay for it will be similar.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 pm
Location: Belshaft, Norn Iron

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by AyeYerMa » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks for that, the ordinary site works okay from a Hero, but this is a lot handier.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean

Post Reply