Suggestion Box

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by browner »

Which of these if any should i download...
Please chooose your device OS level:
OS 4.5/4.6 (e.g. 8820, 8320)
OS 4.7 or newer (8900, 9000, Bold, Storm
I have a Blackberry curve 8520.

Question...

Where i work the wi-fi isn't blocked, i appear as a guest...could they trace me or even block me?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

browner wrote:Which of these if any should i download...
Please chooose your device OS level:
OS 4.5/4.6 (e.g. 8820, 8320)
OS 4.7 or newer (8900, 9000, Bold, Storm
I have a Blackberry curve 8520.

Question...

Where i work the wi-fi isn't blocked, i appear as a guest...could they trace me or even block me?

OS 4.5/4.6 for the curve....bit flakey though... will wait for the bought version.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

I can log in to the site using my phone but when i hit the submit button to post a topic nothing happens...any ideas what the problem might be?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

browner wrote:I can log in to the site using my phone but when i hit the submit button to post a topic nothing happens...any ideas what the problem might be?

dunno but if you find out what's causing it maybe we can ask the mods to set the welder and backawaygonad up with that feature. :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

blackberry still in beta version so free, but i thnk it worked for rooster. wot version did he have?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fermain wrote:blackberry still in beta version so free, but i thnk it worked for rooster. wot version did he have?
OS 4.7 or newer (8900, 9000, Bold, Storm)
It's a bit dodgy as well though, either works or does not even connect.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Not using the Tapatalk thing.....trying to post using my browser.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

simple one - can u put a link to viewfrathehill at the kwik forum shortcuts? It's the most popular forum and it's doin my nut there;s no shortcut lo!!!
#

thanks!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

againstthehead wrote:simple one - can u put a link to viewfrathehill at the kwik forum shortcuts? It's the most popular forum and it's doin my nut there;s no shortcut lo!!!
#

thanks!

Go one better and put active topics there...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Or new posts?
There is a new posts link under yer wee picture on the right hand side
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Front page feature articles - good idea and the comments feature should help to get people onto the rest of the site and not just the forum. However not many comments so far.....

I typed my own response to the Getting There article a few days ago and on submission the message stated that the comment would appear after being checked by the mods. It still hasnt appeared so one can only assume the mods are AWOL or it wasnt suitable for publication.

How many other comments are being lost? I for one won't bother again until I know something has been done about it.

There are literally hundreds of registered posters on this board who require next to no moderation so why a different rule for them on the front page articles?

Can we either get this rule changed or get some more mods on board?
Father Jack
Novice

Post by Father Jack »

ColinM wrote:Front page feature articles - good idea and the comments feature should help to get people onto the rest of the site and not just the forum. However not many comments so far.....

I typed my own response to the Getting There article a few days ago and on submission the message stated that the comment would appear after being checked by the mods. It still hasnt appeared so one can only assume the mods are AWOL or it wasnt suitable for publication.

How many other comments are being lost? I for one won't bother again until I know something has been done about it.

There are literally hundreds of registered posters on this board who require next to no moderation so why a different rule for them on the front page articles?

Can we either get this rule changed or get some more mods on board?
Sorry colin. Most of the mods log in under their day-to-day names and we don't adopt our alter-egos until we see something needs to be done. I must be honest and admit that I hadn't realised that comments on the front-page topics needed pre-approval so I haven't been thinking of going to the moderation queue to see what's there on any sort of regular basis. I guess we'll have to change our style a bit to cope with this new feature.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

I was looking at the guide for visiting fans and couldn't help noticing that it is rather out of date. Still refers to Jersey European etc. Can't vouch for the night life guide to Belfast as I'm rather old to go clubbing!
Father Jack
Novice

Post by Father Jack »

waggonsroll wrote:I was looking at the guide for visiting fans and couldn't help noticing that it is rather out of date. Still refers to Jersey European etc. Can't vouch for the night life guide to Belfast as I'm rather old to go clubbing!
Aye, it's been a fair few years since I wrote that. It could certainly use a bit if an update. Will see what can be done.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Cheers Colin, good point. The UAFC Ed has pointed out the exact same thing!!! LOL
I am looking at the permissions to ensure that members can post comments without approval. Leave it with me, I'll let you know how when it's working.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!