Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

November 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 29 users online :: 9 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Airfx, big mervyn, Bing [Bot], BUZZ2491, davejohnston, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 656149
Total topics 19105
Total members 2927
Our newest member Bullneck

Can some of you techie folk help?

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:05 am

The Spanish taxman is chasing me out of Spain for the end of the year or threatening me with a bill for €35000 should I stay, so I am going to Bangor for approx 2 months.

The Internet is my issue, would any of you modern chaps have any idea how a man could get decent internet on wifi for 2 months? Needs to be decent as I need to run my magic box off it.

I understand it is likely to be expensive but what is a man to do?

All help gratefully received.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29958
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby Gerald the Mole » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:44 am

Costa Coffee, You have been helped
User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Warrior
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby WeeWorld » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am

Is trousers a tax dodger or a tax exile?
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby pwrmoore » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 am

WeeWorld wrote:Is trousers a tax dodger or a tax exile?


More of a coffin dodger! :stir:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11640
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby BaggyTrousers » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:54 am

pwrmoore wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:Is trousers a tax dodger or a tax exile?


More of a coffin dodger! :stir:


Correct Paul, but FFFS what a dickhead that Small Mind is.

LOOK, sonny........ There is no tax due on the sale of your primary residence in the UK, however, if you become tax resident in Spain in the year that you sell a house elsewhere, primary residence or not, they stiff you for Capital Gains tax and since I bought that house last century the amount is not insignificant.

By spending less than 183 days in Spain this year, I will have no such liability. All very simple, legal and above board, no taxation due in either country so you should be relieved that your concerns about me breaking any tax laws are happily unfounded, though you do sound like the sort of venomous little creep who would take joy in reporting a chap to the Inland Revenue. Tell you what PM me and I'll give you my tax details and you can suggest they investigate.

Thanks for your concern, you >#
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29958
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby BaggyTrousers » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:58 am

Gerald the Mole wrote:Costa Coffee, You have been helped


Do they have TVs to connect the magic box to?

Tell you what Ger, somebody else whom you and I, both know has helped, rather ingenious, he's the sort of man who knows almost everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29958
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby WeeWorld » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:41 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:Is trousers a tax dodger or a tax exile?


More of a coffin dodger! :stir:


Correct Paul, but FFFS what a dickhead that Small Mind is.

LOOK, sonny........ There is no tax due on the sale of your primary residence in the UK, however, if you become tax resident in Spain in the year that you sell a house elsewhere, primary residence or not, they stiff you for Capital Gains tax and since I bought that house last century the amount is not insignificant.

By spending less than 183 days in Spain this year, I will have no such liability. All very simple, legal and above board, no taxation due in either country so you should be relieved that your concerns about me breaking any tax laws are happily unfounded, though you do sound like the sort of venomous little creep who would take joy in reporting a chap to the Inland Revenue. Tell you what PM me and I'll give you my tax details and you can suggest they investigate.

Thanks for your concern, you ># .


Trousers, you're temporarily exiling yourself from Spain in order to avoid Spanish tax.
Just because it's to Bangor rather than Monaco, it's qualitatively no different to what
so many scumbags have done before. If I didn't already know that your rhetoric on political and
social issues was just a load of hot air, I'd be shocked. :lol:
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby BaggyTrousers » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:01 pm

WeeWorld wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:Is trousers a tax dodger or a tax exile?


More of a coffin dodger! :stir:


Correct Paul, but FFFS what a dickhead that Small Mind is.

LOOK, sonny........ There is no tax due on the sale of your primary residence in the UK, however, if you become tax resident in Spain in the year that you sell a house elsewhere, primary residence or not, they stiff you for Capital Gains tax and since I bought that house last century the amount is not insignificant.

By spending less than 183 days in Spain this year, I will have no such liability. All very simple, legal and above board, no taxation due in either country so you should be relieved that your concerns about me breaking any tax laws are happily unfounded, though you do sound like the sort of venomous little creep who would take joy in reporting a chap to the Inland Revenue. Tell you what PM me and I'll give you my tax details and you can suggest they investigate.

Thanks for your concern, you fu'cking spastic.


Trousers, you're temporarily exiling yourself from Spain in order to avoid Spanish tax.
Just because it's to Bangor rather than Monaco, it's qualitatively no different to what
so many scumbags have done before. If I didn't already know that your rhetoric on political and
social issues was just a load of hot air, I'd be shocked. :lol:


Whilst I understand that you are merely seeking to tweak my tail, you could at least attempt to do so with a modicum of intelligence. Only a cretin would fail to understand that there are reciprocal tax treaties between the UK & many countries, Spain included. As such it is up to the individual to decide where to pay their taxes other than the fact that 183 days or more in a country - either one - makes you technically tax resident there. I still pay my taxes in the UK, had I chosen to have my pension untaxed in the UK at source and taxed in Spain then I would have had no choice in the matter.

I suppose you are trying to imply that you would simply bite the bullet and pay the tax in Spain? Idiot.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29958
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby WeeWorld » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:12 pm

It's a dodge, perfectly legal, but then so is ash to cash.
You're a tax exile, trousers.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby big mervyn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Is this the first big fight in Technobabble?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10584
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby Corvus corax » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:25 pm

NowTV Broadband do short term with no contract.
User avatar
Corvus corax
Novice
 
Posts: 36
Images: 2
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby Rooster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:53 pm

WeeWorld wrote:It's a dodge, perfectly legal, but then so is ash to cash.
You're a tax exile, trousers.
It is termed tax avoidance, which is legal as opposed to tax evasion which is illegal.
Anyone who does not make use of tax avoidance is an idiot, anyone who trys tax evasion is a criminal.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39810
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby WeeWorld » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Rooster wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:It's a dodge, perfectly legal, but then so is ash to cash.
You're a tax exile, trousers.
It is termed tax avoidance, which is legal as opposed to tax evasion which is illegal.
Anyone who does not make use of tax avoidance is an idiot, anyone who trys tax evasion is a criminal.


Big fish avoid tax and get knighted, small fry evade tax and get prison.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby BR » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:21 pm

big mervyn wrote:Is this the first big fight in Technobabble?

I remember a minor skirmish about what time zone the server's should be set to.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17287
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Can some of you techie folk help?

Postby Rooster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:44 pm

WeeWorld wrote:
Rooster wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:It's a dodge, perfectly legal, but then so is ash to cash.
You're a tax exile, trousers.
It is termed tax avoidance, which is legal as opposed to tax evasion which is illegal.
Anyone who does not make use of tax avoidance is an idiot, anyone who trys tax evasion is a criminal.


Big fish avoid tax and get knighted, small fry evade tax and get prison.
You don't have to ve a big fish or knighted to avoid tax, anyone can do it just scale is smaller, very few make use of things like allowances for work clothes and small things like that which all add up at the end of the year. Putting savings in an ISA is another.
It probably is right though that smaller ones get caught more often on evasion as they don't have the knowledge or aid of accountants who know the loopholes.
I always counted accountants a bit like surgeons, any of them can sew you back together but you need the specialist to sort out the problem, a lot of people don't have the right accountant for their type of business but have the guy who can fill out the basic stuff.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39810
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to Technobabble

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->