mailbox.

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

mailbox.

Post by browner »

If your mailbox is full, does it stop you from opening any new pm's?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I'm afraid the answer to this one is - possibly. It depends on the host site and what settings have been used to set it up.

It could be that the limits are advisory only and no action is taken once the limit is exceeded. The mere mention of the existence of a limit can be enough to make most users delete old messages to keep their size down.

More likely the limit will have a tolerance and will allow you to exceed the limit by say 10% before it restricts activity.

Very occasionally the limits are hard and will restrict activity the minute they are exceeded.

The limits here are separate on inbox and outbox. So it is probable that only one would be restricted if a limit is exceeded.

If you have PMs which you wish to keep but have run out of inbox space then I suggest you create a word document and cut and paste the PM content into that, then you can delete the PMs in yourr inbox and free up some space.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

COCKATRICE...............................try emptying you mailbox. :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I don't think it should cause a problem as I never empty my mailbox, once the limit is exceeded the bottom pm just deletes automatically and the new one comes in at the top.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Clearing it sems to have worked................i think. :?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

Same happens me Rooster, just starts deleting the earlier messages!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:Same happens me Rooster, just starts deleting the earlier messages!
That’s cos it’s meant to work that way :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best