iPod Touch problems

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: iPod Touch problems

Post by Rooster »

Colzo wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Colzo wrote:That works Rooster, yes.

I preferred the videos like that too :(
Did it open with windows media player or some other video player ?

WMP
:banghead: I hoped that would not be the answer.
Do the videos on this page work ? video/0809/uafc_video_08.php or is it just the popup ones ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

White / grey background over where the UAFC logo is when I click a video.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Now we are starting to go places :scratch: that should turn to a black background with the play and control buttons in blue under it, can you see both broadband and dialup links below that box ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Which browser are you using ? and which version of media player, although it should not matter.
Rory Best
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Can see both dial up and broadband choices, tried on both, no vids worked.

Using Firefox (latest one) and WMP 11..
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Yer gonna kill me Rooster.
I have a pop-up blocker add on with Firefox, disabled it and videos worked fine.

Sorry!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Colzo wrote:Yer gonna kill me Rooster.
I have a pop-up blocker add on with Firefox, disabled it and videos worked fine.

Sorry!
:terror: :terror: :terror: :terror: :terror: :terror:
Did the popup blocker block the new style as well as the old ones :shock: because if that is the case that you saw the links as they are the same type of gizmo.
Old popup ones not working at present anyway as a wee bit of code has been discovered missing .
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Colzo wrote:
Yer gonna kill me Rooster.
The contract has been agreed Colzo. Beware of a small, fat, baldy man with a beard impersonating a loyal Ulster supporter at the game tomorrow evening.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Rooster wrote:

Sorry!
Did the popup blocker block the new style as well as the old ones :shock: because if that is the case that you saw the links as they are the same type of gizmo.
Old popup ones not working at present anyway as a wee bit of code has been discovered missing .

Pop up blocker did indeed block both.

All sweet now though, only problem is, that the video scrolls up the page as I scroll down.

But I'm nit-picking ;)

Cheers!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Colzo wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Sorry!

Pop up blocker did indeed block both.

All sweet now though, only problem is, that the video scrolls up the page as I scroll down.

But I'm nit-picking ;)

Cheers!
Cables the contract is doubled :terror: :thumright:
What are you scrolling down the page for Colzo it is possible to view the links for practically a full seasons video in the archive page of last years video/0708/uafc_video.php but just to keep you happy I will shrink the size of the 2 selection panels to let video frame plus selection all be visible without you needing to scroll page :twisted:
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Can I lodge an appeal on behalf of the condemmed man?

He may be referring to the fact that he has to scroll down below
Live in Northern Ireland? and mobi@uafc before the banners (UAFC and Video Gallery) show on that page. Above them is white screen in the middle.

No kill no fee.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

iPhone ad rapped as 'misleading'

Some pages on the iPhone won't look like they do at home

A television advert for the iPhone misled consumers, the Advertising Standards Authority has ruled.

Two complaints to the watchdog noted that the advert said "all the parts of the internet are on the iPhone".

But the ASA said because the iPhone did not support Flash or Java - two programs that form part of many webpages - the claim was misleading.

Apple had argued its claim referred to availability of webpages, rather than their specific appearance.

The iPhone employs a web browser called Safari, which is built on freely available software. Many webpages, however, employ small software programs like Flash and Java to display graphics and animations.

Those programs are proprietary software, and Apple opted not to enable them on the iPhone. The result is that pages viewed with Safari may look different to those same pages viewed on other browsers.

The ASA said the advert "gave a misleading impression of the internet capabilities of the iPhone".

It must therefore not be aired again in its current form, it said.

"Because the iPhone doesn't support Flash or Java, you couldn't really see the internet in its full glory," said Olivia Campbell, a spokesperson for the ASA.

"They made a very general claim that you can see the internet in its entirety, and actually that's not quite true - so we've upheld."

Apple said it did not want to comment on the ruling.
Rory Best