Communication in Ulster Rugby

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

hans
Novice

Communication in Ulster Rugby

Post by hans »

Hi there,

New to this site and not too sure this is posted in the right place but im researching for my uni dissertation communciation,sport and professionalization and wanted to get some opinions on how effective the ulster fans feel Ulster rugby is at communicating with them and how well they use new media such as the website, mobiles, and social networks? ( I am aware that UAFC is more popular than the official site.) Looking for any opinions on What do fans want? Who sets up the Ulster rugby Bebo, facebook and my space pages? or anything else people can think of!
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Communication in Ulster Rugby

Post by Ithryn »

Surely what you need to write up is a short questionnaire, which you can then ask members to fill out by email.

Otherwise asking such open ended questions wont really give you any usable material.

If you do a questionnaire I am sure many members would take the time to help.
Why? Why not?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

hans wrote: Who sets up the Ulster rugby Bebo, facebook and my space pages?
Are there any ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:
hans wrote: Who sets up the Ulster rugby Bebo, facebook and my space pages?
Are there any ?
there are UAFC and UR groups on Facebook. haven't checked out any of the other social sites
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

There are various 'Ulster Rugby Supporters' clubs set up on bebo by teenager fans.
There are also Andrew Trimble, BOD, ROG, and of course, Simon Danielli fan clubs on bebo!
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
hans
Novice

Post by hans »

Doing a questionnaire as well, need to get an online focus group to get more indepth answers and opinions. Focusing just on how people feel with ulster rugbys communication with supporters!! Individual Opinions are key... how do you feel they communicated new stadium development ? The offical website and use of media is it adequate? Is the PR and marketing sucessful?

Any opinions and thoughts are Valid and would really help!!!
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Hans, you can set up polls on this forum. Use the 'Gwan ask away' section, post each question in a thread, with a poll and answers (including 'other' for us awkward people) ;)

Asking such open questions, particularly in the Technobabble area of the site will not get you far.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Hans - 4 the record i'd say that Ulster Rugby makes no effort @ communicating with Cheerleaders.
And u can quote me on that.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
hans
Novice

Post by hans »

Hi Yah!!
Thanks for all the posts!! have taken the advice and set up and online questionnaire if anyone has a few minutes to answer?
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=f ... SJBw_3d_3d

Also to gain a little more information and opinions going to run an online focus group as a live chat using msn messenger- any volunteers would be fantastic!!

:-) hans