Super Rugby 2016

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Super Rugby 2016

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sensational game of rugby in progress. Highlanders v Crusaders. Highlanders have won the last 2 with very little possession and Crusaders dominated the first half on possession, especially the first 25 minutes, but the Highlanders have been great in defence and have scored 3 sensational tries and lead 20-12 at HT. Crusaders have had 2 tries knocked off by the TMO

Great skill levels, incredible game to watch, you'd think you were watching Ulster. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I didn't think there was much wrong with the second disallowed try.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Now that was a lung burster. Awesome try.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes I think Romano was a but unlucky & you could almost make a case for Reid's too but that Faddes guy has got some pace for centre.

Try Crusaders during yellow card period, a bit laboured but game on 27-19.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Yes I think Romano was a but unlucky & you could almost make a case for Reid's too but that Faddes guy has got some pace for centre.

Try Crusaders during yellow card period, a bit laboured but game on 27-19.
Dodgy yellow card too.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

This is an absolutely outstanding game, two class teams.

Just a shame big Nadolo isn't playing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Another sensational try for Highlanders, their 5th, phase after phase. You will go long way to see a team score 5 tries of the quality these have been. I urge everyone to have a look at the highlights of this. Breathtaking stuff.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

HairyJ wrote:This is an absolutely outstanding game, two class teams.

a cynical curmudgeon could suggest that some tackling options are not being taken and defences are in disarray, but there is a serious amount of pace on the ball and it darned hard to stop. Exciting stuff compared to the stultifying bilge served up in the Northern hemisphere.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Agree with all that. Wonderful stuff. I doubt very much that either European final will come close!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
HairyJ wrote:This is an absolutely outstanding game, two class teams.

a cynical curmudgeon could suggest that some tackling options are not being taken and defences are in disarray, but there is a serious amount of pace on the ball and it darned hard to stop. Exciting stuff compared to the stultifying bilge served up in the Northern hemisphere.
Aye, no doubt that they place less emphasis on defence but, hey, it's a spectacle!

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Imagine my shock at seeing Jamie Hagan lining out for the Melbourne Rebels. He's easy to spot, he is the only player not running.

Hadn't realised he was out there, becoming only the second Irish international to play Super Rugby - the other, the greatest Irish player of all time, Peter Clohessy, the saviour of Irish Rugby after all Irish forwards had turned into soft babies :oops: :oops: :oops: , being bullied by teams as crap as Scotland back in the 90s.

Doubtless you were all with me in spirit when wishing Claw a happy 50th birthday back in March. One of my happiest memories of rugby travel was having Claw autograph my Ulster shirt in Willie Sexton's bar some years back.

#feckin'ligind
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Serious knee injury suffered by Kurtley Beale this morning, his big money move to Wasps could well be in doubt.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:Serious knee injury suffered by Kurtley Beale this morning, his big money move to Wasps could well be in doubt.
Puitau to stay. We will rehab Beale.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Had to laugh at Beales signing anyway
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Beale's patellar tendon is supposed to have come off at the knee cap but remained intact.

May only be three months out.