Super Rugby 2016

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Super Rugby 2016

Post by damianmcr »

Few teams out but what about this for a backline for the Hurricanes
Nehe Milner-Skudder, Cory Jane, Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara
:bowdown:
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Super Rugby 2016

Post by ruckover »

Centres - :scratch:
Every other position - :shock:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Hopefully I will get to see the game.

Ill definitely watch Chiefs v Crusaders on Saturday. Kieran Read due to play.

Home early on Friday for the Cheetahs v Jaguares game. Very interested to see how the Jaguares get on.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Lots of rookies on show this year and none bigger than Volavola.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Jaguares get on, think they will cause quite a few upsets especially at home with the majority of the Argentine national team playing for them. Exited to see the big winger Montero back playing as he missed the WC through injury.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Going to watch as many of these as possible, can't wait.

Bought a Crusaders jersey this week, it's sexy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Should be an interesting competition with the new Argentinian and Japanese sides. Each team plays 15 games - there are 4 divisions - the Aussie teams (5), NZ teams (5), Africa 1 (4) - Bulls, Cheetahs, Stormers and the Sunwolves (Jap) and Africa 2 - Kings, Lions, Sharks and the Jaguares (Arg).

Seeds 1-4 in the Playoffs are the winners of each division. Seeds 5-8 (Wildcards) include the team with the highest points in Africa 1/2 combined that failed to win either division + the next 3 teams with the highest points in Aus/NZ combined that failed to win either division. League phase runs from Feb 26 - Jul 16 (breaking for the summer tour matches in June). Playoffs start 22 Jul and run through to Aug 6.

Taking the Jaguares as an example - they play the other teams in their division Africa 2 home and away and then play a mixture of home and away games v the 4 teams in Africa 1 and the 5 teams in the NZ division.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

What are attendances like in Super Rugby? (Excuse my laziness, I'm sure some of you have a good feel for this, without me trying to take a good sample of match reports to get an understanding).
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

OneMore wrote:What are attendances like in Super Rugby? (Excuse my laziness, I'm sure some of you have a good feel for this, without me trying to take a good sample of match reports to get an understanding).
Big stadiums. Look like shocking attendance. Actually regularly more than Ulster
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

All Games on Sky Sports 2

Fri 26th February

06:35 Blues Highlanders
08:40 Brumbies Hurricanes
17:00 Cheetahs Los Jaguares

Sat 27th February

04:15 Sunwolves Lions
06:35 Crusaders Chiefs
08:40 Waratahs Reds
10:50 Western Force Melbourne Rebels
13:00 Southern Kings Sharks
15:05 Stormers Bulls
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Few teams out but what about this for a backline for the Hurricanes
Nehe Milner-Skudder, Cory Jane, Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara
:bowdown:

You know what, that looks OK :lol: Thought Cory Jane was in diffs again ????

This year as always I shall mainly be supporting "our club" the Sharks and then any SA or Oz team against the tyrants, but of course this season we have Los Jaguares led by the magnificent Augustin Creevy, one of the Cregagh Road CReevy's I believe, so I will also be hoping they make an impact.

Of the NZ teams I've always like the Canes, but they have a habit of screwing up, even in good years.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HairyJ wrote:Going to watch as many of these as possible, can't wait.

Bought a Crusaders jersey this week, it's sexy

You should model it & post it Hairy, then as a bisexual man with a family motto of "Any ould port in a storm", I'll decide how sexy it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OneMore wrote:What are attendances like in Super Rugby? (Excuse my laziness, I'm sure some of you have a good feel for this, without me trying to take a good sample of match reports to get an understanding).
Top end of Pro12 level I think Yin, occasionally biggies for some derbies but far from all.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:All Games on Sky Sports 2

Fri 26th February

06:35 Blues Highlanders
08:40 Brumbies Hurricanes
17:00 Cheetahs Los Jaguares

Sat 27th February

04:15 Sunwolves Lions
06:35 Crusaders Chiefs
08:40 Waratahs Reds
10:50 Western Force Melbourne Rebels
13:00 Southern Kings Sharks
15:05 Stormers Bulls

Thanks for the reminder, must set SKY plus for Friday morning, why get out of bed early when you don't have to? >EW I love FRiday morning during Super Rugby season.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Have I just been propositioned?

I have yams like Kyle