waratahs v the force

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

tommy b
Novice

waratahs v the force

Post by tommy b »

any word on what Lote was up to at the end of the game?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

New South Wales Test winger Lote Tuqiri apologised to Sam Norton-Knight and his Waratahs team-mates after angrily pushing Norton-Knight at the completion of the 16-16 Investec Super 14 draw with the Western Force at Aussie Stadium.

Norton-Knight ignored the chance for NSW to win the match with a penalty goal after referee Paul Mark awarded the Waratahs a long-distance penalty on the stroke of full-time.

With Hewat on his way over to take the shot for goal, Norton-Knight, a second half replacement for Morgan Turinui, grabbed the ball, took a tap penalty and raced ahead before chip kicking towards the Force goal-line.

But after Force winger Cameron Shepherd gathered the ball and hoofed it safely into touch to end the match, Tuqiri raced 20 metres towards Norton-Knight to unleash a verbal spray before pushing him in the back.

Once in the dressing-room, Tuqiri openly apologised to the team and to Norton-Knight saying his passion for winning had boiled over at the end of a frustrating match for the Waratahs.

The Waratahs had looked the good s early, racing to a 13-0 lead courtesy of a lovely running try to Turinui in the 25th minute and goals to Hewat.

But the Force found their rhythm, and struck back with tries to Drew Mitchell and Matt Giteau to lead 16-13 midway through the second half before Hewat kicked a penalty to level the scores with 15 minutes to go.

With the match there for the taking, both sides were guilty of being ultra conservative in the last quarter of the game, looking to not lose the match, rather than going all-out to win it and, as a result, the match fizzled into a draw.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
tommy b
Novice

Post by tommy b »

i presume 'an angry push' is nothing then! having said that, i dont think i would fancy it.
Judith Harrison
Squire

Post by Judith Harrison »

I feel Lote was TOTALLY out-of-line. NO excuse.