Schools Cup 2010

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

0961MHILLCARM
Novice

Re: Schools Cup 2010

Post by 0961MHILLCARM »

Don't want to hear any more about Methody ! They were a bloody good side this year, not an incredibly amazing team as popular media opinion would have us believe, but one that was short in depth from being the full package. Nothing wrong with that, nothing that anyone should be ashamed about and despite some pretty churlish comments about the school in this site they once again, along with other local Schools, represented Ulster and Ireland Rugby in a strong and impactful manner.

Ballymena got it right through their tactics, tenacity and spirit, Methody were not good enough to reach the Final. As ever in these situations it is not one thing that makes the difference and on this occassion a number of circumstances contributed to Methody's failure, most of which could have been managed significantly better before any player even set foot on to the ravenhill turf. On the day, in the match itself, their loss of one significantly influential player probably was the difference in the final stages of the game. Again it's the finest of margins that decides win or lose as Friends School will surely testify to. In terms of Methody coaching and management, it seems that this falls significantly short of hitting the mark in a number of areas, particularly so in motivation and decision making. Had this been right then perhaps it could have been another boring (for the rest of us) MCB Schools Cup win.

To Ballymena, well done on your ultimate Ulster Schools success on the 17th. To all the other schools, hard luck and well done to every player that strived for success but didn't quite make it. Stay positive and enjoy your rugby !
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

So i presume that Methody didnt win the schools cup last year?

Snigger snigger
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

?????????????????????????????????????????????
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:So i presume that Methody didnt win the schools cup last year?

Snigger snigger
As far as I remember the only team that won it last year was Ballymena.

What's your point?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

MCB suffer the same treatment as Manchester United...being the school thats won the most schools cup obviously annoys some people...sad really.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

grow up the lot of you
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Forgot to post yesterday :duh: Portora RS have beat Omagh A by 22 to 5 in the final of the Northern Bank Schools' Trophy, yesterday at Dungannon, will make power mower happy at least :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:Forgot to post yesterday :duh: Portora RS have beat Omagh A by 22 to 5 in the final of the Northern Bank Schools' Trophy, yesterday at Dungannon, will make power mower happy at least :thumleft:
And me :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:Forgot to post yesterday :duh: Portora RS have beat Omagh A by 22 to 5 in the final of the Northern Bank Schools' Trophy, yesterday at Dungannon, will make power mower happy at least :thumleft:
sort of makes up for an unexpected early exit fromt he schools cup. :cheers: :cheers:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: