2012 schools Cup.

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Tighty
Initiate

Re: 2012 schools Cup.

Post by Tighty »

rocky wrote:Tighty, firstly, if you're going to type scurrilous crap like that, at least try to type in English. Secondly, I can assure you that if Grumpy says that he was there and that's what happened, then that's what happened. There are quite a few posters on this board who you can trust to tell the truth and he is one of them. Now, either have some respect for your fellow posters or get off the board.
Rocky - For the avoidance of doubt I have spent many happy hours in the company of Cap'n Grumpy and am aware of his bona fides, otherwise I would not have posted my ''scurrilous crap''. I await his withering retort. I am however ashamed at my poor sentence construction which you were correct to highlight.

Regards

Tighty
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tighty wrote:
rocky wrote:Tighty, firstly, if you're going to type scurrilous crap like that, at least try to type in English. Secondly, I can assure you that if Grumpy says that he was there and that's what happened, then that's what happened. There are quite a few posters on this board who you can trust to tell the truth and he is one of them. Now, either have some respect for your fellow posters or get off the board.
Rocky - For the avoidance of doubt I have spent many happy hours in the company of Cap'n Grumpy and am aware of his bona fides, otherwise I would not have posted my ''scurrilous crap''. I await his withering retort. I am however ashamed at my poor sentence construction which you were correct to highlight.

Regards

Tighty
Guys - put the handbegs away :lol:

Firstly, Thanks for the words of support Rocky - it's very much appreciated when someone says something like that - especially someone of your standing. :salut:

However, enough of the mutual appreciation society - Tighty and I are well known to one another - he is another whose word I would take without hesitation. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, but I am rarely on the forum these days. I hadn't even heard schools cup scores at the weekend and only looked in at lunch to find them and instead saw BoPeep's scurrilous accusation. Had I seen Tighty's response sooner, I might have given it the withering retort he was looking for, although I suspect he was maybe fishing for other prey ........ would I be correct Tighty? :stir: :lol:

Dead Ball, Baggy, Troggy and Bo Peep mustn't be around or no doubt they would have responded in their own ways to Tighty's massive stirring of the pot! Keeeeeeeeep fishing Tighty :twisted:
brianc wrote:Ah, Grumps, since when did the facts ever have any sort of relevance to accusations like this?

BTW, did anyone ever tell you are very attractive when you are angry?
Unsurprisingly, no, no one has ever told me that, but maybe that's because MOST people are more honest than we give them credit for :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
swatters
Novice

Post by swatters »

In relation to who is Mark Gribben , im the year below him at MCB and hes been contacted by several southern hemisphere clubs (inlcuding Brumbies), who are "very interested in a player "of his nature". An absolute beast , huge tackler and runner, place kicking leaves something to be desired ,though.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

swatters wrote:In relation to who is Mark Gribben , im the year below him at MCB and hes been contacted by several southern hemisphere clubs (inlcuding Brumbies), who are "very interested in a player "of his nature". An absolute beast , huge tackler and runner, place kicking leaves something to be desired ,though.
someone tugging your chain at school?
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: , although I suspect he was maybe fishing for other prey ........ would I be correct Tighty? :stir: :lol:

Dead Ball, Baggy, Troggy and Bo Peep mustn't be around or no doubt they would have responded in their own ways to Tighty's massive stirring of the pot! Keeeeeeeeep fishing Tighty :twisted:

Cap'n - My fishing exploits were soley aimed at ''winding you up'', however I seem to have hit a ''Rock'' in the process !!!
playingadvantage
Novice

Post by playingadvantage »

So Swatters you have gone from an ex RBAI man on 19th February to Lower Sixth at Methody. What a man.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

swatters wrote:In relation to who is Mark Gribben , im the year below him at MCB and hes been contacted by several southern hemisphere clubs (inlcuding Brumbies), who are "very interested in a player "of his nature". An absolute beast , huge tackler and runner, place kicking leaves something to be desired ,though.
Someone's been feeding you false info lad.

Don't you think if the Brumbies wanted a player like him they'd look a bit closer to home? Why waste the money to come all the way over here and scout when I'm sure there's plenty of guys in Canberra who can do what he does and is more likely to sign. For Mark it would be starting a new life in Australia, a very hard thing to do, while for a local guy it would simply be driving an extra 5 minutes down the road.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

Two very evenly-matched teams at Osborne on Saturday. Overall I'd have to say Ballyclare deserved the win. They have a great defence and held out magnificently against the Inst onslaught in the last 10 mins.

Their try came from an impressive patch of dominant forward play in the Inst 22. Young lad scored under the posts with a dramatic stretch of the arm.

Wallace beware!

Don't ask me for names - the last schools match I was at was the CCB v Inst final in 1980...
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Firstly,Grumpy is 100% correct on the Wells issue as I was about five feet away from Nicky Wells at that Methody v Campbell game last year and he was nowhere near any pitch. Secondly,the Gribben/brumbies story is correct in that he would play for one of the feeder clubs that affiliate to the Brumbies so they could have a good look at him. Gribben is a talented lad and I hope Ulster snap him up first.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Is the story that he wants to go to Oz for a gap year and has looked for a team to play for out there out there and it so happens they are associated with the Brumbies. Then the lads at methody got the story, tarted it up a bit and now everybody's talkin'?
trueblue2006
Novice

Post by trueblue2006 »

"Firstly,Grumpy is 100% correct on the Wells issue as I was about five feet away from Nicky Wells at that Methody v Campbell game last year and he was nowhere near any pitch. Secondly,the Gribben/brumbies story is correct in that he would play for one of the feeder clubs that affiliate to the Brumbies so they could have a good look at him. Gribben is a talented lad and I hope Ulster snap him up first."

Can I add to this, I was there as well and nothing of the sort happened. Its ridiculous that every year some anonymous keyboard assassin pops up and takes a pop at the Wells', especially the Junior one.

I can clarify to you from past experience that Wells Jnr has a more than professional approach to the game and from what I hear his man management is second to none, (from the 2006 team). Could it be that snipers such as BoPeep are maybe players who didnt make the cut or were on the receiving end of a defeat from one of Wells Jnrs teams.

Lets hear from BoPeep and tell us how he knows what he know, but aside from that lets stop focusing on individuals and concentrate on another classic MCB/ CCB clash.
TB2006
swatters
Novice

Post by swatters »

So Swatters you have gone from an ex RBAI man on 19th February to Lower Sixth at Methody. What a man.

playing advantage, just to clarify , myself and my dad use the same account on this forum as hes not as technology savvy as most , so apologies if you felt aggrieved at my apparent shape-shifting.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

How many of the 6 posts are your's then?
This is new, we usually have it the other way around.
swatters
Novice

Post by swatters »

only the mark gribben post
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

If he is the Methody 13, don't believe everything you hear at school. He's a big fish in a small pond. He is big, physical and effective at school level, but I don't see anything in him to suggest that he is special.