2012 schools Cup.

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2012 schools Cup.

Post by ruckover »

Wouldn't rule out Ballyclare yet - beating RBAI at Osbourne is no mean feat. But yes, Wallace v Methody final looks likely.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

I was at the Methody game yesterday and they played some outstanding rugby and scored some tremendous tries with Mark Gribben the stand out player amongst a number of good performances. Hats off to Banbridge Academy who fought hard throughout the game in what was always going to be a big ask for them.
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Was a good "professional" performance by MCB against Banbridge who to their credit although outgunned never gave up.

Absolutely ludicrous disallow of a try just before half time by the TJ - didn't matter a jot to the final outcome but how he thought the ball was held up was beyond belief.
handin
Novice

Post by handin »

Ballyclare look good for the cup this year.

Beattie who is this guy ? Havent heard about him
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

He plays centre for MCB and he has pace and power in abundance and Ulster schools caps under his belt. MCB have a number of players who could have a future at professional level namely THP Harrison,Benade at fullback,Calhoun on the wing...it's a good Methody side who have hit great form at the right time with great strength in depth so I can see them overcoming Campbell in a tight semi final in a weeks time.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Time and dates and locations for semi finals please.
Havent got to see any games yet so cant really add anything else.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Time and dates and locations for semi finals please.
Havent got to see any games yet so cant really add anything else.
Monday 5th March, 2:30pm - Wallace vs. Ballyclare, Ravenhill
Wednesday 7th March, 2:30pm - Methody vs. Campbell, Ravenhill
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Great to see Davy Wells back in the frame for the MCB first XV thought is son had lost it last year when he charged onto the pitch cheering just as the penalty kick was charged down by Campbell. His dad really knows how to coach and manage the team.
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Bopeep wrote:Great to see Davy Wells back in the frame for the MCB first XV thought is son had lost it last year when he charged onto the pitch cheering just as the penalty kick was charged down by Campbell. His dad really knows how to coach and manage the team.
Conversion actually.

How could a penalty be charged down?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Beattiespastie wrote:He plays centre for MCB and he has pace and power in abundance and Ulster schools caps under his belt.
Is this Mark Gribben guy the methody 13?
If it is, I thought he was just a big unit rather than a fantastic player.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:He plays centre for MCB and he has pace and power in abundance and Ulster schools caps under his belt.
Is this Mark Gribben guy the methody 13?
If it is, I thought he was just a big unit rather than a fantastic player.
Generally equates to the same thing if he plays for Methody or Campbell
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bopeep wrote:Great to see Davy Wells back in the frame for the MCB first XV thought is son had lost it last year when he charged onto the pitch cheering just as the penalty kick was charged down by Campbell. His dad really knows how to coach and manage the team.
Don't know if, how or when Davy Wells re-entered the frame for Methody, but you're talking crap about Nicky Wells running onto the pitch last year. A couple of conflicting accusations were made about him running onto the pitch to "bully the ref into awarding the try" or to celebrate the conversion (which was charged down), but neither happened as was attested to by many posters on this forum who were there at the time.

I was present and standing a few feet from Nicky Wells and he didn't move even towards the pitch (he was outside the wooden fence around the pitch at Pirrie), and was so shocked by the charge down, he was speechless for quite a while afterwards. He then slowly went down to speak to his players, but did not step out of line in any way.

I don't know what your intent is by trying to appear as "Mr (or Miss) Reasonable" by praising Davy Wells just so you think it will carry more weight when you stick the boot into his son, but for this poster, I ain't buying it - I was there and know it to be a lie!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I don't know what your intent is by trying to appear as "Mr (or Miss) Reasonable" by praising Davy Wells just so you think it will carry more weight when you stick the boot into his son, but for this poster, I ain't buying it - I was there and know it to be a lie![/quote wrote:
And why are you to believed ? thats only your version events !!!!
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Tighty, firstly, if you're going to type scurrilous crap like that, at least try to type in English. Secondly, I can assure you that if Grumpy says that he was there and that's what happened, then that's what happened. There are quite a few posters on this board who you can trust to tell the truth and he is one of them. Now, either have some respect for your fellow posters or get off the board.
Bo***cks to Brexit
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Don't know if, how or when Davy Wells re-entered the frame for Methody, but you're talking crap about Nicky Wells running onto the pitch last year. A couple of conflicting accusations were made about him running onto the pitch to "bully the ref into awarding the try" or to celebrate the conversion (which was charged down), but neither happened as was attested to by many posters on this forum who were there at the time.

I was present and standing a few feet from Nicky Wells and he didn't move even towards the pitch (he was outside the wooden fence around the pitch at Pirrie), and was so shocked by the charge down, he was speechless for quite a while afterwards. He then slowly went down to speak to his players, but did not step out of line in any way.

I don't know what your intent is by trying to appear as "Mr (or Miss) Reasonable" by praising Davy Wells just so you think it will carry more weight when you stick the boot into his son, but for this poster, I ain't buying it - I was there and know it to be a lie!
Ah, Grumps, since when did the facts ever have any sort of relevance to accusations like this?

BTW, did anyone ever tell you are very attractive when you are angry?