Ulster Schools 2012-2013.

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

RuPi
Initiate

Re: Ulster Schools 2012-2013.

Post by RuPi »

Banbridge Academy, is a scrum half who I believe was part of the Schools U18 squad but due to injuries in the U19's moved up to play for the 19's as well.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

gannonman wrote:Anyone know what Aaron Kennedy is like? He is an incredibly talented cricketer.
Asked about and apparently he's ok at rugby,he was in the u18 schools squad behind the Campbell scrum half.

Also heard that it was at scrumhalf they had problems so i'm taking from that he's nothing exceptional.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I'm actually surprised at 30% from the Ulster Academy considering that many of those in the Academy are backs and forwards don't really become contenders for Ulster caps until 23 --24

But while they may not be playing for Ulster are they playing for other teams ?

I actually consider a return of 30 % is quite reasonable for the academy when you realise what is on offer is a relatively short professional sports career which only pays if you make it into the squad and/ or central contract -- other professions may appear offer better prospects to some in the Academy after a couple of years.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:other professions may appear offer better prospects to some in the Academy after a couple of years.
I know of a couple who dropped out because of the pressures of a degree in medicine.

You have to admire what Jamie Roberts has achieved - no small feat these days.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Rory Campbell has stacks of potential, as has Jack Owens, anytime i've seen him he has really stood out. His versatility is a problem though, he's played 10,12,13, and is playing 15 for Ulster schools.

Rob Haldane is also a tidy player, not as clever around the pitch as the previous two mentioned but he certainly knows his way to the line!
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg