Ballyclare High School v Sullivan Upper School
Bangor Grammar School v The Royal School, Armagh
Methodist College v Wallace High School
Royal Belfast Academical Institution v Dalriada School/Limavady Grammar School
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Re: SCHOOLS CUP 2013

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Bangor Grammar School will host Royal School Armagh, Sullivan Upper School will travel to Ballyclare High School and Royal Belfast Academical Institution will play the winner of the match between Dalriada and Limavady Grammar.
The draw is as follows:

Bangor Grammar School v Royal School Armagh
Ballyclare High School v Sullivan Upper School
RBAI v Dalriada/Limavady Grammar
Methodist College Belfast v Wallace High School

The draw follows the results of today's 4th round games:

Down High School 5 Ballyclare High School 33
Campbell College 0 Methodist College 12
Dalriada School v Limavady Grammar School (PP)
Ballymena Academy 13 Wallace High School 28
Royal School Armagh 36 Coleraine Inst 0
Belfast Royal Academy 10 Sullivan Upper 20
Regent House 10 RBAI 22
Bangor Grammar School 17 Belfast High School 5
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Koonak
Novice

Post by Koonak »

Absolutely agree MCB deserved it today ! Defence superb but CCB dominated second half just unlucky not to covert that pressure to points. A lot of ill discipline in MCB camp - needs sorted for next round! Well done mcb - bring on next round
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Good match at Fox's Field this morning. Slope played its part as usual with MCB having the better of the first half and taking their chances with CCB having nearly all the second half but taking none of their chances at all. Great tackling by the MCB lads. I wouldn't totally agree with the last poster about ill discipline, when you are under the cosh as they were it's hard not to give away penalties.
I was disappointed however with some of the Campbell spectators who resorted to loud personal abuse of the MCB coaching staff at half time. There's no need for that sort of thing.
Koonak
Novice

Post by Koonak »

AndyB wrote:Good match at Fox's Field this morning. Slope played its part as usual with MCB having the better of the first half and taking their chances with CCB having nearly all the second half but taking none of their chances at all. Great tackling by the MCB lads. I wouldn't totally agree with the last poster about ill discipline, when you are under the cosh as they were it's hard not to give away penalties.
I was disappointed however with some of the Campbell spectators who resorted to loud personal abuse of the MCB coaching staff at half time. There's no need for that sort of thing.
Comes with the territory unfortunately nowadays. Have to be thick skinned on the sideline - sad but true. Discipline referred to players being sent off for illegal play! Can't argue with that. That said the better team won.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

You townies shouldn't be let out at weekends, it's a school match for fecks sake not some sort of protest meeting or a sitting in Stormont.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

"Cream of Ulster" turned a bit sour then?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

This was an excellent game played in good spirit by two very good sides. Methody shaded it by taking their chances in the first half and superb defending in the second half. The site and sounds of the Campbell support marching into the ground with their black union Jacks was funny for all the wrong reasons....the amount of jokes about East Belfast fleg supporters losing their way to City Hall said it all! we should not be hard on them though as it was done in good spirit and Nicky Wells laughed at the personal jibes aimed at him. I would say one thing though...the chap on the microphone had a shocker and looked a bit daft at the end! Hard luck to all the Campbell lads who put everything into the game and can hold their heads high and well done Methody for coming out tops in a cracking game.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

The first Schools Cup game I've watched in over twenty years.
If CCB had scored early on in the second half they'd have gone on to win the game.
Their game focused on big upright forwards & an inposing 10.
The MCB defence was so well drilled and calm despite the onslaught & yellow cards.
Good luck to whoever plays MCB in the following rounds - they'll need all the luck CCB didn't get yesterday to gain some kind of parity!
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

If Methody win it again this year, they will have done it the hard way, ccb and then Wallace are two very tough draws, hopefully they can avoid Inst in the semi finals as this would make for a great final between 2 very strong teams.

Ballyclare High School v Sullivan Upper School -Sullivan
Bangor Grammar School v The Royal School, Armagh - Armagh(v close)
Methodist College v Wallace High School - Methody
Royal Belfast Academical Institution v Dalriada School/Limavady Grammar School-Inst
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Last thought on the Campbell Methody game. Surely with all the acres Campbell have, they could find a piece of flat ground on which to play 1st XV matches. Every match I've seen there over 75% of play has been down in the bottom corner.
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Last thought on the Campbell Methody game. Surely with all the acres Campbell have, they could find a piece of flat ground on which to play 1st XV matches. Every match I've seen there over 75% of play has been down in the bottom corner.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Off topic I know but...
The southern press have been fawning over the current Leinster Schools team this year.
Interpro Played 3 Won 3 For 163 points Against 20 points
23 tries scored (including 10 past Ulster) V 1 intercept from Ulster.
(the other provinces must have poorer player sets this year!)

Six of the mexican front liners are from Terenure who are the bookies favourites for the Leinster Cup.
However I read that MCB beat Terenure last month in Dublin 17 to 13!

What are people's views of introducing an All Ireland School competition? :stir:
The likes of MCB & CCB play a lot of southern teams in friendlies anyway.
They dont play the weaker schools here in friendlies & avoid them in the Cup.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

lw7 wrote:Off topic I know but...
The southern press have been fawning over the current Leinster Schools team this year.
Interpro Played 3 Won 3 For 163 points Against 20 points
23 tries scored (including 10 past Ulster) V 1 intercept from Ulster.
(the other provinces must have poorer player sets this year!)

Six of the mexican front liners are from Terenure who are the bookies favourites for the Leinster Cup.
However I read that MCB beat Terenure last month in Dublin 17 to 13!

What are people's views of introducing an All Ireland School competition? :stir:
The likes of MCB & CCB play a lot of southern teams in friendlies anyway.
They dont play the weaker schools here in friendlies & avoid them in the Cup.
Like you said,all the 'big' schools in Belfast will play the likes of Terenure,Belvo,Michaels,Blackrock,PCB,CCB,Sligo etc throughout the year.

To have a round robin between the winners from the 4 provinces would be a great way to finish the year.

With the Southern schools being 6 months older gives them a bit of an edge.
The King is dead. Long live the King.