Schools Cup 2015

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Schools Cup 2015

Post by kingofthehill »

Once a Knight wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Will the guy who was sent off for MCB be banned? Obviously there has to be some punishment.
Give him a break. Isn't going to Methody punishment enough?
Haha true.

I know the guy from sullivan last year was allowed to play in the final after receiving a red card in the semi.

There was a punch thrown in the MCB RBAI last year that left the RBAI player with a broken eye socket. The punishment for the MCB player ----> clean up the changing rooms at Pirrie Park (I'm sure he won't throw a punch again with that kind of punishment!)

A red card should be minimum of a game ban.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

There should be no ban for yesterday's red card. It was two minor offences and no attempt to hurt the opposition player. Soon after the red card the ref binned a Campbell player for a dangerous tackle and in fairness the Campbell lad was hard done by as I thought the tackle was fine but I believe the ref realised he had just made a poor decision with the red card and was trying to balance things out.
It's interesting that the Methody player who punched the RBAI player last year is this year's Methody captain and he has been a credit to the team and the school:-D
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Beattiespastie wrote:There should be no ban for yesterday's red card. It was two minor offences and no attempt to hurt the opposition player. Soon after the red card the ref binned a Campbell player for a dangerous tackle and in fairness the Campbell lad was hard done by as I thought the tackle was fine but I believe the ref realised he had just made a poor decision with the red card and was trying to balance things out.
It's interesting that the Methody player who punched the RBAI player last year is this year's Methody captain and he has been a credit to the team and the school:-D
To be fair, it was an INST player he punched last year .... would it not have been criminal NOT to? :duck: :lol:
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

RBAI V MCB always a healthy dislike come match day with a sprinkling of good humour as both sets of lads know each other well outside of the classroom. Young lads will react during pressure games bit it's important not to over react. Methody have a strong experienced side going into the semi final with a very young second XV looking good for 2nd XV cup so the depth is great as well. MCB fullback Robert Lyttle is an outstanding prospect.
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

Did Robert Lyttle not previously appear in a final for Inst?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Beattiespastie wrote:RBAI V MCB always a healthy dislike come match day with a sprinkling of good humour as both sets of lads know each other well outside of the classroom. Young lads will react during pressure games bit it's important not to over react. Methody have a strong experienced side going into the semi final with a very young second XV looking good for 2nd XV cup so the depth is great as well. MCB fullback Robert Lyttle is an outstanding prospect.
Lyttle has come out of nowhere, MCB really develop their players through their 7 years at the school.

Was he on the Firsts last year?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Beattiespastie wrote: It's interesting that the Methody player who punched the RBAI player last year is this year's Methody captain and he has been a credit to the team and the school:-D
Cleaning the Pirrie changing rooms have really paid off for him then.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Didn't do him any harm;-)
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Throw the book at him
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Sorry oldman missed your post. Robert moved from RBAI at the beginning of this year. I know he played in the 2nd XV final defeat to MCB two years ago and he was excellent in that game.
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

Did he not come on as a sub for Inst at Ravenhill when in 5th form?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

kingofthehill wrote:Will the guy who was sent off for MCB be banned? Obviously there has to be some punishment.
Was there not someone who got a red card in a schools cup game either last year or the year before? What was the outcome of that?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

He probably did mate..he's a cracking prospect with pace, great feet and a brilliant rugby brain. He has scored a number of fantastic tries this year going from his own 22 and slicing through teams and he hasw great uunderstanding with young Conor Kelly who is a great strike runner himself. Robert can also place kick and his kicking out of hand is outstanding as well. Ulster Academy without a doubt.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He now comes complete with a schools cup anecdote for Gusher.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Sullivan player was red carded last year for a dangerous dump tackle but escaped a ban and played in the cup final defeat to Methody. With Willie Anderson as head coach I can only guess he called in with the Ulster Branch chaps and advised them that his player would not be receiving a ban. Having witnessed Anderson applaud dump tackles by his players from the sidelines in the past I reckon he sees nothing wrong with a dangerous/ life changing tackle?