Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderators: The Fonz, Dude, Moderators

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11492
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by big mervyn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:02 pm

kingofthehill wrote:P Marshall
He may have 3 caps, but I don't think he won the schools cup.

He captained MCB when they won the Subsidiary Shield in 2004 but no Schools Cup medal.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1999
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by kingofthehill » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:41 pm

big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:P Marshall
He may have 3 caps, but I don't think he won the schools cup.

He captained MCB when they won the Subsidiary Shield in 2004 but no Schools Cup medal.
Thought he was involved in 2001.
The King is dead. Long live the King.

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11492
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by big mervyn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:50 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:P Marshall
He may have 3 caps, but I don't think he won the schools cup.

He captained MCB when they won the Subsidiary Shield in 2004 but no Schools Cup medal.
Thought he was involved in 2001.
Medallion
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Russ » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Dromore U18s only able to field 12 players yesterday

Sad times brought about by the UR youth policy

User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1999
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by kingofthehill » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:58 pm

big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:P Marshall
He may have 3 caps, but I don't think he won the schools cup.

He captained MCB when they won the Subsidiary Shield in 2004 but no Schools Cup medal.
Thought he was involved in 2001.
Medallion
He shared the medallion in 2000. Pretty sure he was in 4th form then.
The King is dead. Long live the King.

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11492
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by big mervyn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:19 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:P Marshall
He may have 3 caps, but I don't think he won the schools cup.

He captained MCB when they won the Subsidiary Shield in 2004 but no Schools Cup medal.
Thought he was involved in 2001.
Medallion
He shared the medallion in 2000. Pretty sure he was in 4th form then.
Two years in the medallion squad - 2000 and 2001. He was born in July so on the cusp of 2 years I suppose.

Methody dad from 93-07 so all the year books with the photies are in the house.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11492
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by big mervyn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Some good stuff in those books.

From the 2nd XV report in 2002:

At full back :shock: , Paul Marshall showed tremendous football skills and vision that helped to create many try scoring opportunities. He is at his best when he does the simple things well. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1999
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by kingofthehill » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:19 pm

big mervyn wrote:Some good stuff in those books.

From the 2nd XV report in 2002:

At full back :shock: , Paul Marshall showed tremendous football skills and vision that helped to create many try scoring opportunities. He is at his best when he does the simple things well. :lol:
:lol:
The King is dead. Long live the King.

ChuckleBrothers
Novice
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:10 am

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by ChuckleBrothers » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:19 am

Beattiespastie wrote:Seriously Russ? Who do you think is Academy potential out of the teams that played on St Paddys day? Rose tinted glasses mate unfortunately.
5 Ulster players started in Ireland Under 18 side v England in the opening game of the 5 nations yesterday. All 5 are Ulster HP players. 3 of them played in the Schools Cup Final...so what's your argument Beattie?

Beattiespastie
Squire
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Beattiespastie » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Fair play Chuckle, looks like the Aussie prop O'Toole had a decent game as well as RBAI's Hume . The U19s have young Marcus Rea in the squad and I do rate this lad. In retrospect my comments were unfair mate as on watching the game back there was some good performances and with a bit more composure Campbell should have won the game . I wish the representative lads all the best on their rugby journey. :D

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by therealspratt » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:37 pm

Beattiespastie wrote:Fair play Chuckle, looks like the Aussie prop O'Toole had a decent game as well as RBAI's Hume . The U19s have young Marcus Rea in the squad and I do rate this lad. In retrospect my comments were unfair mate as on watching the game back there was some good performances and with a bit more composure Campbell should have won the game . I wish the representative lads all the best on their rugby journey. :D
Stewart had a great game as well which is a great thing to see from an Ulster 9. On composure you could turn that on it's head, bit more from the Inst lads and Campbell would have been buried.

colind
Squire
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:13 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by colind » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:32 pm

If anyone fancies it, tomorrow (Friday 15th)

RBAI 1st XV play Hamilton Boys High School (NZ) at Shawsbridge at 5pm

Hamilton BHS are the reigning champions of the Super 8 competition for North Island Boys Schools.

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Russ » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:48 pm

colind wrote:If anyone fancies it, tomorrow (Friday 15th)

RBAI 1st XV play Hamilton Boys High School (NZ) at Shawsbridge at 5pm

Hamilton BHS are the reigning champions of the Super 8 competition for North Island Boys Schools.
See that every day in NZ Schoolboy rugby

Blow in
Novice
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Blow in » Wed May 18, 2016 7:47 am

What?

Post Reply