Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Neill_M »

Was at the game and during the 2nd half was wondering why Campbell didn't go for the posts more when they got penalties? They were never going to score the try. Turned down at least one chance at 6-3?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Neill_M wrote:Was at the game and during the 2nd half was wondering why Campbell didn't go for the posts more when they got penalties? They were never going to score the try. Turned down at least one chance at 6-3?
They didn't seem to trust their kicker, not too much of a surprise when he was a 7.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

therealspratt wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Was at the game and during the 2nd half was wondering why Campbell didn't go for the posts more when they got penalties? They were never going to score the try. Turned down at least one chance at 6-3?
They didn't seem to trust their kicker, not too much of a surprise when he was a 7.
He had a very individual style, did get a good kick in the 1st half.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Seriously Russ? Who do you think is Academy potential out of the teams that played on St Paddys day? Rose tinted glasses mate unfortunately.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Beattiespastie wrote:Seriously Russ? Who do you think is Academy potential out of the teams that played on St Paddys day? Rose tinted glasses mate unfortunately.
Nobody looked good on the day, but that doesn't mean none of them are good enough or will be. It's a stressful situation and I would like to hope the scouts would consider more evidence than one game.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Beattiespastie wrote:Seriously Russ? Who do you think is Academy potential out of the teams that played on St Paddys day? Rose tinted glasses mate unfortunately.
What a load of Barry White...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

It would be quite interesting to see how many pro players have schools cup medals
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I reckon 10 plus of the two teams will play in this years U19 &U 20 interpros , but half of you lot won't care , fickle supporters
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:It would be quite interesting to see how many pro players have schools cup medals
For Ulster: P Jackson, Gilroy, John Andrew, Falloon, Scholes.

Elsewhere: Heaney, Farrell, Macklin?, Annett, Carey, Allen, Caldwell, Andress.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:It would be quite interesting to see how many pro players have schools cup medals

Roger Wilson (twice- 1998 & 2000).
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Roger Wilson (twice- 1998 & 2000).
True. Hadn't gone back as far as the last century :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:I reckon 10 plus of the two teams will play in this years U19 &U 20 interpros , but half of you lot won't care , fickle supporters
I prefer to think of myself as "targeted" rather than fickle Kofi ...............there are things I give a fu@k about and there are things I couldn't give a tinker's w@nk about.

It all comes down to this, I'll be dead soon, I hate young people and I can't afford to take an interest in anything remotely longterm.

So then, no not "fickle", just "targeted".

You're welcome. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

P Marshall
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

kingofthehill wrote:P Marshall
That language should be banned
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

kingofthehill wrote:P Marshall
He's gone back to school?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.