Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

Not at all but some insight personally in the boarding system. most schools here will offer is £500-£600 scholarship for academia or sport. The highest I have seen on websites Is RSD - £500 so in all sincerity schools here are not out scouting for talent overseas! Now poaching players from other schools may go on in a small minority of schools I suppose but sure you would be well aware of that!!
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

CBC fully deserved their win. Too many errors from MCB coupled with a big physical CBC pack made the difference in the end. .Early days but plenty to work on. No panic button at sportier just more hard work required.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:Snipe has issues...evidently...must have lost a Schools Cup Final somewhere along the way... >fiddle
Did I jack....I went to Portora.
I do indeed have issues, lots of them.... >EW
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Chuckle- you are correct mate. MCB have had their fair share of top players over the years via the lure of boarding and small incentives and I guess I over egged the point but boarding does offer an advantage I guess. I love schools rugby and as i said before I come from a family with a school cup winner from MCB and RBAI and I have s soft spot for the RBAI side as my nephew ignited my interest in rugby as I was a secondary school centre half who never knew the game of rugby growing up. It's a great game with great people playing and following it.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
ChuckleBrothers wrote:Snipe has issues...evidently...must have lost a Schools Cup Final somewhere along the way... >fiddle
Did I jack....I went to Portora.
I do indeed have issues, lots of them.... >EW
Of course I meant the Enniskillen Schools Cup Final... :duh: :duh: :duh: :party:
Nah we never lost to the high school or the Collegiate.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Good report on MCB v CBC game on INTOUCH RUGBY website. MCB were missing 5 players but as a result I believe they have unearthed a gem in Thomas Gallagher playing at 8 for injured Captain Zac Jordan ( who is fit for RBAI next week). L6th form pupil Thomas is the younger brother of schools cup winners James ( MCB x2) and Charles ( Campbell). This is only his second game and he was the best player on the pitch despite the loss. 17.5 stone tight head prop Aaron kilpattick was also a big miss as well with concussion. Early days.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Lol Chuckle! It's a healthy rivalry mate.., see you next week!
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

I see Rainey beat your ' development ' team during the week :D
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

Beattiespastie wrote:Good report on MCB v CBC game on INTOUCH RUGBY website. MCB were missing 5 players but as a result I believe they have unearthed a gem in Thomas Gallagher playing at 8 for injured Captain Zac Jordan ( who is fit for RBAI next week). L6th form pupil Thomas is the younger brother of schools cup winners James ( MCB x2) and Charles ( Campbell). This is only his second game and he was the best player on the pitch despite the loss. 17.5 stone tight head prop Aaron kilpattick was also a big miss as well with concussion. Early days.
Now obvious the scholarship MCB could offer was better than the competition >yahoo >yahoo Now for someone who professes to 'take an interest' you know a lot about the current team including their fitness and availability etc! Are you NW in disguise >seeya . Only joking you BEattiespastie. Don't want a cheeky reply this time >EW
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamsodonnell
Novice

Post by jamsodonnell »

This so-called blow-in to Campbell has already played tight head for Ulster Schools against Munster Schools.