Medallion Shield

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Medallion Shield

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

TimGibson wrote:Sullivan Medallions went unbeaten the whole season
Did they come back again unbeaten too?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

SULLIVAN got very,very lucky against MCB in the 4th round Medallion match but thats history..come next year when senior schools cup honours begin I strongly suspect the MCB lads will be more actively involved in a successful schools cup than the SULLIAVAN lads.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

or alternatively MCB got very lucky in the 4th round of the Medallion shield and came close to beating this sulivan side for the first time after losing in all previous encounters....

... what's the point BP? - can you not just accept that for the first time in a generation one of the lesser schools had a better side than MCB? You are quite right with the mixing across year groups that will inevitably occur post medallion it is very likely that MCB will outperform sullivan in the schools cup so why not just keep quiet and enjoy that when it happens and allow this very good Sullivan Medallion side to be recognised for their achievenments?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Beattiespastie » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:00 pm

SULLIVAN got very,very lucky against MCB in the 4th round Medallion match but thats history..come next year when senior schools cup honours begin I strongly suspect the MCB lads will be more actively involved in a successful schools cup than the SULLIAVAN lads.
Can you really look at any cup or any league win in any sport in any competition in any part of the world where the victors havnt benefited from a little bit of luck through their cup campaign or season?!

Also, Sullivan or Sulliavan who got luckier?!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Beattiespastie wrote:SULLIVAN got very,very lucky against MCB in the 4th round Medallion match but thats history..come next year when senior schools cup honours begin I strongly suspect the MCB lads will be more actively involved in a successful schools cup than the SULLIAVAN lads.
BP, just for clarity, have the mighty MCB ever lost a match where the opposition were simply the better team? I guess the fact that this Sullivan team had beaten that particular Methody team every time they played them wouldn't be at all relevant??? Every so often you really do spout the most meaningless drivel >TT >TT

BTW, you are absolutely right about senior honours, doubt Sullivan will ever compete with MCB, Inst, CCB at senior level, but surely that is all the more reason to applaud their success at medallion level?
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

I saw that Sullivan playing at Pirrie at U14 level and I was very impressed by them - no doubt they are a good isde.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Beattiespastie wrote:SULLIVAN got very,very lucky against MCB in the 4th round Medallion match but thats history..come next year when senior schools cup honours begin I strongly suspect the MCB lads will be more actively involved in a successful schools cup than the SULLIAVAN lads.
Why are you still going on about this live up to the fact that MCB were second best both at Medallion and 1xv this year and I think they will struggle over the next few years. Great to see some other teams winning the Medallion Shield thats 2 years for MCB without and outright win and 3 years ago the ref had to play 8 mins extra time for them to win.

What a great year for school rugby to see other schools coming through long may it continue
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by YoungMan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:47 am

Speakeththe Larne man sipping from the cup of bitterness
Not in the slightest YM, Larne were beaten by a better team (as much as it pains me to say it :( )
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Sullivans Medallion side deservedly won the Medallion Shield...period. What I said in my post is that they were lucky in their game against MCB in the 4TH round....MCB played them off the park and ran everything back at them and a few decisions went in Sullivans favour..I actually enjoyed all the age group games from 1st year and there never was much in it and I think you will find that the win loss ratio was about even...I just happen to think that the MCB side has buckets loads more potential in senior rugby..thats all...time will tell....
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Go suck a rugby ball and get over it >TT
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TimGibson wrote:Sullivan Medallions went unbeaten the whole season
Bacon medallions unbeatable in a bap with reggae reggae sauce.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Wallace play Dromore in the Semi Final and Methody play Coleraine Inst
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Two Wallace v Methody finals? Schools Cup and Medallion Shield...
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

ruckover wrote:Two Wallace v Methody finals? Schools Cup and Medallion Shield...
CAI have 4 or 5 U14s playing for the Medallion this year, plus an absolutely cracking fly half. Looking forward to the game on Saturday as long as I don't have to listen to Peattybastie pontificating about how MCB have the most deserving team on the island :stir:
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Haven't head any of the results at all today, anyone heard them?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg