ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

DHK
Steward

Re: Schools Cup 2009

Post by DHK »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by Windeos on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:00 am

I spent my time at the grammar and the pitch was always long grass which suited the forward game. It has been in a bad way quite a few times.
All depends on who your coach was, on the 4years I used the pitch it was always kept very short and was a very playable pitch!
by DHK on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:04 am

And even if Larne do get through, which I think they will, they won't beat Regent
Wouldnt be too sure about that, they played very early on in the season at Regent and I think the final score was something like 7-0 or 10-3 so it should be a very close game!

Check out the pic's of Bangor Ballyclare from Tuesday, the pitch looks in perfect order considering the weather the counties been having!
Regent beat them 19-10 so yeah close enough but can't see Regent losing to Larne. Also factor in the fact that come the day of the quarter final itll be either Portora or Lrane 3rd game in 10 days, that'll take its toll
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

well i'll cycle along the Old Holywood Rd on saturday morning to Foxes field @11am 2 c the old school hopefully beat Ballymena. Anyone else b there?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

H'woodMike2umate wrote:well i'll cycle along the Old Holywood Rd on saturday morning to Foxes field @11am 2 c the old school hopefully beat Ballymena. Anyone else b there?
Awww f*** yer one of them...
a cyclist...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Ne Obliviscaris

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

Cambridge House 12 vs Belfast Royal Academy 25

BRA will play Ballyclare at home (Roughfort) next weekend.

I missed the first 20 minutes or so, but both sides looked good. Some good teamwork for BRA to get their tries. CH looked dangerous with the ball and a bit of pace. CH had their second conversion attempt charged down, which was rather impressive.
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

Comfortable 22 - 0 win for Larne against Portora.
A vote for Kimble is a vote for progress!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Dewi Barnes wrote:Comfortable 22 - 0 win for Larne against Portora.
Damn :evil:

Well done Larne :salut: You have to win it now so that we can argue that we couls have made it all the way to the final. :wink:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Dewi Barnes on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:40 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mary had a little lamb . . .
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by Dewi Barnes on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:40 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Just seven wins of the trophy required to surpass Portora's record Fuzzy - Good Luck! :thumright:
Paul.

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Just seven wins of the trophy required to surpass Portora's record Fuzzy - Good Luck! :thumleft:
To be honest im not sure that were ever going to win it! This is one of the most talented sides we have ever had and the still took a pasting from INST a few weeks ago so we sitll have a long way to go!

As a side note, thats history and doesn't mean much paul, whats in the past as far as im concerned can stay there! You last win in 1942 isn't much use to u current squad unless your head coach is a78year old man, you may have 7 cup wins but none in the last 60years!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

fuzzylogic wrote:
Just seven wins of the trophy required to surpass Portora's record Fuzzy - Good Luck! :thumleft:
To be honest im not sure that were ever going to win it! This is one of the most talented sides we have ever had and the still took a pasting from INST a few weeks ago so we sitll have a long way to go!

As a side note, thats history and doesn't mean much paul, whats in the past as far as im concerned can stay there! You last win in 1942 isn't much use to u current squad unless your head coach is a78year old man, you may have 7 cup wins but none in the last 60years!
2 semi-finals in the previous three seasons though fuzzy! We're definitely back in contention again. :cheers:
Paul.

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

We're definitely back in contention again.
No your not, your OUT :D
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

fuzzylogic wrote:
We're definitely back in contention again.
No your not, your OUT :D

....for this year
Paul.

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Just for you Paul. I do appologise but as a Larne man and ex Grammar pupil I dont really get that many chances to brag about anything.
Larne too strong for Portora

Larne Grammar 22 Portora Royal 0

Monday, 16 February 2009

Larne were much the better side on the day in this fourth round replay which resulted in an overwhelming victory over Portora Royal.

Maybe the long journey from Enniskillen was a little too tiring for the young visiting team, but their performance was far below that of the first game when they drew (3-3) when they had numerous opportunities to clinch victory.

Larne winger Lee Millar kicked a penalty after 10 minutes before good work by out-half Cary Aston led to Nathan Barry scoring a try which Millar converted.

In the second half Larne lost the services of their Ulster Schools' hooker Ryan Maybin who sustained a shoulder injury, but his replacement Brian Blair soon had his name on the scoresheet.

The home forwards were rampant and the hooker was driven over from 15 metres out to make the score 15-0.

In the closing minutes the confident Larne team added another try. Aston again showed his skills before linking with Stuart McIlwaine who ran in the final 20 metres for Millar to convert.

This was a confidence boosting victory for Larne who now travel to Regent House, but there is only a week for Maybin to recover

Lachlan Ferguson, the Portora coach, was disappointed. “We turned over too much ball and made too many errors. We didn't take our chances, just like at home, and although the boys were committed, we didn't perform as well as we should have,” he commented.

Larne Grammar: M.Agnew, L.Millar, N.Barry, S.McIlwaine, A.McBride, C.Aston M.McCullough, M.Knox, R.Maybin (capt),

D.Garstin, J.Agnew, T.Saunders, B.Brown, A,Christie, D.Swann,

Portora Royal: D.Dailly, D.Cooke, J.Gormley, D.Beattie, S.Duncan, A.Baxter, C.Cadden,C.Sargaison, J.Foster, G.Crawford, J.Arnold, J.Carleton (capt), R.Ogle, R.Dempster, J.Prenter

Referee S.Toolan .
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Campbell 16 Ballymena 8

Close tough game throughout with Cambell just ahead by 9-8 until a good interception & try by winger Patrick Morrow in the last minute resulted in the 16-8 final scoreline. Turning point was probably midway thru second half with Ballymena No5 being sinbinned for i think giving backchat to referree over a decision - after that Campbelll had a good bit more of the possession but only turning it into points at the very end.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh