Pienaar - BBCNi

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pienaar - BBCNi

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:Ok so we're all loved up on Waistcoat Watson. Marmite. Having met him a few times and observed him at close quarters, he isn't on my Christmas card list, but as that list has zero people on it, it's hardly surprising. If yer waiting for a redaction, you'll wait.
Baggy, the now infamous Kidney jibe wasn't aimed at Nucifecker and my Big Bertha post (elsewhere) goes some way to explaining my contempt for the Ball Bag.
Watched Pienaar last evening and yet again I found myself choking back the tears, but I embraced the anger and avoided ruining my makeup.
I realised some time ago that I had picked up the lads chastising you over Winker and simply went on a rant about Nucibastard, however, given the rant was composed entirely of les mots juste there was no way I was changing a scintilla.

Don't worry about weeping like a small bitch Tender, the Pienaars are worth it. Anyway, it's allegedly good for your health to beagle a few times a month.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Unlike you to go off half-cocked. I'm getting safter with age. Until a few years ago, only my credit card bill would bring tears to my eyes. Recently I watched some old Ulster games and cried watching beagle running with ball in hand and his attempts at box kicks, along with his infamous Tap'n'Go . Why take on one front row monster, when you can run into two? He makes me cry all the time.
Feck I don't think we realise how much we'll really miss Ruan.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Pienaar has contributed much more to Ulster and Irish rugby than Nucifora. IRFU are getting rid of the wrong person.

I would also like to associate myself strongly with Baggy's comments.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

First, many thanks Rooster for uploading the programme, I'm out of the country for a while (should be back in time for the first friendly in August :cheers: ) and BBCiPlayer doesn't seem to work here, does it only work in the UK?

Hard to watch so I'm joining the tear in the eye crowd. Ruan seems to be the epitome of a Christian gentleman. I suppose there's no chance of him doing a Nacewa and returning for a couple of more years as a player?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:First, many thanks Rooster for uploading the programme, I'm out of the country for a while (should be back in time for the first friendly in August :cheers: ) and BBCiPlayer doesn't seem to work here, does it only work in the UK?

Hard to watch so I'm joining the tear in the eye crowd. Ruan seems to be the epitome of a Christian gentleman. I suppose there's no chance of him doing a Nacewa and returning for a couple of more years as a player?
IPlayer doesn't work for me in Spain solids so prob not
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Brexit
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:First, many thanks Rooster for uploading the programme, I'm out of the country for a while (should be back in time for the first friendly in August :cheers: ) and BBCiPlayer doesn't seem to work here, does it only work in the UK?

IPlayer doesn't work for me in Spain solids so prob not
Need a proxy server, that's why I uploaded that for a few.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Ulster are a toothless tiger in the face of IRFU directives. I have seen enough of the pathetic wringing of hands by our great leaders howling like children in front of an evil schoolmaster. They collectively join the beaten chorus that they have not managed to be allowed to keep our star player but have tried their very best. It is both shameful and emasculating.
I will no longer be a spectator to IRFU games. Ireland can go FK .Our Ulster season tickets of 16 years may not be renewed .
I find it hard to follow a team led by toothless admirals who could have fine rightly threatened to fk the whole thing up unless RP was given an extension in whatever capacity which would satisfy both sides. That's the Ulster branch for you ..all fur coat and no panties
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Agree (apart from ST renewal).
I've a lot of time for Bryn, but he sounded very unconvincing when speaking about their efforts to keep Ruan. His mention of 'Trying every permutation' tells me they worked with IRFU and at no point used threats or even stronger language during these negotiations. In my eyes they towed the line and are therefore complicit in the entire disgraceful episode. Crocodile tears and bullshyte.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Tighter End wrote:Agree (apart from ST renewal).
I've a lot of time for Bryn, but he sounded very unconvincing when speaking about their efforts to keep Ruan. His mention of 'Trying every permutation' tells me they worked with IRFU and at no point used threats or even stronger language during these negotiations. In my eyes they towed the line and are therefore complicit in the entire disgraceful episode. Crocodile tears and bullshyte.
Incorrect. They tried over several months and came up with arrangements that they were sure would work and would fulfil the IRFU's criteria. Were basically told to f**k off every time. Then they went to the politicians and they took up the battle - also to no avail.
Of course, they could have said,"Up yours," to the IRFU and resigned Ruan, in which case they knew that the funding would have been withdrawn and any goodwill that still existed would have been lost.
Make no mistake, that was the only option they didn't take. This debacle is down to one man - Nucifecker - backed up by the top of the IRFU who couldn't be seen to lose face.
Also, they knew that losing Ruan would affect season ticket sales because many of you so-called fans would clear off, showing little loyalty as he demonstrated his total loyalty.
Fans are those who stick it out through thick and thin, not those who whinge and moan, who throw blame around like confetti at a wedding and who pi$h off when the going gets tougher. I'm fed up with all this sh1te.
Bo***cks to Brexit
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Maybe Nucifuckwank has something he does not want to be questioned on.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

rocky wrote:
Incorrect. They tried over several months and came up with arrangements that they were sure would work and would fulfil the IRFU's criteria. Were basically told to f**k off every time. Then they went to the politicians and they took up the battle - also to no avail.
Of course, they could have said,"Up yours," to the IRFU and resigned Ruan, in which case they knew that the funding would have been withdrawn and any goodwill that still existed would have been lost.
Make no mistake, that was the only option they didn't take. This debacle is down to one man - Nucifecker - backed up by the top of the IRFU who couldn't be seen to lose face.
Also, they knew that losing Ruan would affect season ticket sales because many of you so-called fans would clear off, showing little loyalty as he demonstrated his total loyalty.
Fans are those who stick it out through thick and thin, not those who whinge and moan, who throw blame around like confetti at a wedding and who pi$h off when the going gets tougher. I'm fed up with all this sh1te.
Sounds right to me Rocky. We're a Province, not a club so we are under D4's authority and they control the purse strings, so we have nowhere to go if we storm off. It's hugely frustrating but it's where we are. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but there really is a bad smell all round this. It's not coming from Ravenspan, it's coming from Dublin. Again, there's nothing we can do about it but we have to allow it to motivate us to really get our act together on and off the pitch.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Solids and Merv, there is a work around. I have a yolk called TunnelBear which convinces any site in any country that you are a local. Typically I make light use of the free version in Spain and could only get about 30 minutes of watching Mexico lose to Clermont but if you are away longer you can pay them

https://www.tunnelbear.com/pricing unlimited data for $59.88 a year. I've found it completely reliable and will subscribe when I move to Spain.

You have potentially been helped. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rocky wrote:
100% correct Rocky right up to the point where you go wrong.
As a season ticket holder since the scheme was introduced in 99/00, I reserve the right to
whinge and moan, who throw blame around like confetti at a wedding and who
threaten to
"pi$h off when the going gets tougher
with absolutely zero intention of following through with the threat.
Well not exactly wrong, but not allowing for traditional bellyaching.
I'm sure you'll give me that >EW :lol: :lol:
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

So, Snipe, you get a bye ball because you will whinge and moan (allowed) but when hardy comes to hardy, you will still be there, whinging and moaning.
Entirely acceptable. >clapping
Bo***cks to Brexit