Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

LadyP
Novice

Re: Replacement 10

Post by LadyP »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I loathe that people here are moralising in peoples morals. I further loathe that it’s inferred that only those of adherence to the morality envisaged by the Ulster Way should be permitted to play for one’s favoured Rugby team.

I couldn’t give a tinker’s fück if they are the most immoral creatures that walk the planet, if they are innocent of the crimes alleged I see no reason whatsoever why this circus should impact on their careers, indeed, for me, assuming the jury are not clowns, we should feel aggrieved on their behalf, especially the one who has not received legal aid and to have their careers threatened on illconsidered charges, a botched investagion and doubtless the most horrific 20 months anyone in a relatively peaceful society could envisage.

Some of you should shove your outraged morality up yer holes. I believe they have done nothing wrong, even the bragging and bullshit, it’s common amongst this generation, it maybe unappealing but it’s not a serious issue.

Now FFFS wise the fûck up, live your own lives and stop trying to impose your nonsense on others.
Could not agree more, as my old granny told me , Love, be a whorè in Bed, a chef in the kitchen and always be a lady at church on a Sunday . I followed her advice and married a Cof Ireland Minister
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:Are you equally repulsed by Zebo and Murray?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Eiffel Tower

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Where does Cuthbert come into that story? I mind his name doing the rounds.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

LadyP wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I loathe that people here are moralising in peoples morals. I further loathe that it’s inferred that only those of adherence to the morality envisaged by the Ulster Way should be permitted to play for one’s favoured Rugby team.

I couldn’t give a tinker’s fück if they are the most immoral creatures that walk the planet, if they are innocent of the crimes alleged I see no reason whatsoever why this circus should impact on their careers, indeed, for me, assuming the jury are not clowns, we should feel aggrieved on their behalf, especially the one who has not received legal aid and to have their careers threatened on illconsidered charges, a botched investagion and doubtless the most horrific 20 months anyone in a relatively peaceful society could envisage.

Some of you should shove your outraged morality up yer holes. I believe they have done nothing wrong, even the bragging and bullshit, it’s common amongst this generation, it maybe unappealing but it’s not a serious issue.

Now FFFS wise the fûck up, live your own lives and stop trying to impose your nonsense on others.
Could not agree more, as my old granny told me , Love, be a whorè in Bed, a chef in the kitchen and always be a lady at church on a Sunday . I followed her advice and married a Cof Ireland Minister
The issue isn't what wild activities young ones get up to in bed, three ways, four ways, whips and chains, whatever, so long as it's consensual, it's the lack of respect towards women.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Assuming this was consensual ie they are acquitted then the problem is the messages disrespecting women?

Some of the messages used in evidence were not sent by any of the 4 defendants. They were anonymous-ish. Many were more disrespectful than any of PJ or SO's Top shaggers/spit roast/merry go round comments. Laddish boasting about themselves? Disrespectful to women? There were certainly disrespectful messages sent by BM. Some of the other messages could have been sent by other squad members?! Should they be rooted out and sacked too or is it OK because they were anonymous?

A way to avoid a media circus like this would be to provide anonymity for the perpetrator(s) as well as the complainant until the verdict is made? After that be my guest. No matter what happens in the end shìt sticks even to people who are completely innocent.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Whilst I disagree with the moralities of some of today's youths that is not the reason why I am not fussed if either play for Ulster again. I get the impression (maybe I'm wrong) that this is not the 1st time they have participated in the same type of behaviour and this is fine until for one reason or another someone cries RAPE, the lads (pardon the pun) have put themselves in this position and the possibility of said accusations, as my old grannie used to say," play with fire and ye'll get burnt".
My problem with the 2 lads and Jackson in particular is that this is not the first time he has been in trouble, we had the blackgate and also the Roger Wilson DD offence where Paddy was the passenger and so drunk that he could not even stand, so there is a problem with drink and his judgement under the influence, because of this court case Ulster have been without a major player in the team, they have had to rely on players who aren't ready and a overseas player who has caused an unnecessary financial burden on the resources of Ulster Rugby, money that could have been better spent on injury cover for Marcell. Bryn also alluded to the detrimental effect that the trial has had on the playing squad. As for Olding 2/3 seasons ruined by injuries, you'd think he would be busting a gut to get fit and show some gratitude to his employers for sticking with him again Bryn said that the amount of alcohol consumed by Olding was not expectable for a professional athlete. Maybe Olding hasn't fulfilled his potential because he'd rather party and maybe Ulster will never win anything until they become truly professional. For anyone needing to know what sort of lifestyle it takes to win should read about Peter Stringer.
Finally, yes I have had the misfortune of being in Jackson and Oldings company albeit it was a URSC event, after the event I told the chairman I would not attend anymore events with Jackson attending as he came across as an obnoxious jackass, maybe he was just having a bad day or something but it was that bad I almost walked out >EW
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Scrum...that is a crock of shyte. Everything you list above as PJ's past misdemeanours, reads like the history of 90% of the male population of Ulster. Given that PJ belongs to a younger generation and he has a lot more disposable income than the majority of males his age and more than we had, it actually reads like a very tame list. Most of us would be either dead or dying if we'd had his wad to throw about back in the day and quality drugs weren't as readily available back then.
Everyman who lived has a list of shannigans buried in his past. If they don't, they've wasted their lives. We only get one go at life, so live it.

It would have been much cheaper if female Barristers had been appointed
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Scrum the last part of your above post explains entirely where you are coming from.
Its understandable and most people would draw similar conclusions.
But either way you are demonstrating prejudice based on a single encounter.
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

Tender wrote:Scrum...that is a crock of shyte. Everything you list above as PJ's past misdemeanours, reads like the history of 90% of the male population of Ulster. Given that PJ belongs to a younger generation and he has a lot more disposable income than the majority of males his age and more than we had, it actually reads like a very tame list. Most of us would be either dead or dying if we'd had his wad to throw about back in the day and quality drugs weren't as readily available back then.
Everyman who lived has a list of shannigans buried in his past. If they don't, they've wasted their lives. We only get one go at life, so live it.

+1

In addition the guys (P & S) had just come back from the end of season tour to SA and had probably been in training / low to no alchohol for the previous 10-11 months. They had just started their off season so no surprise that they had a good swally.

FA to do with Bryn what the guys drink in on their holidays as long as they are fit and ready for the pre season in a few weeks time.
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tender wrote:Scrum...that is a crock of shyte. Everything you list above as PJ's past misdemeanours, reads like the history of 90% of the male population of Ulster. Given that PJ belongs to a younger generation and he has a lot more disposable income than the majority of males his age and more than we had, it actually reads like a very tame list. Most of us would be either dead or dying if we'd had his wad to throw about back in the day and quality drugs weren't as readily available back then.

Ive never blacked up

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:

Ive never blacked up

I have, or rather I have been. In a BB display when I was about 7. Different times. I think it might classify as historical racial abuse.

I must say that compared to many of the guys on the squad, Paddy has always been a bit distant. He has warmed up a bit more recently though. Always found Stuart very friendly. You never get much banter out of Hendy either but he's wised up with getting married etc. Otherwise he would probably have been there and we'd be talking about the Jackass 5. Sometimes there but for the grace of God.

I take the point that they have let UR down and made bad choices but really they're just the unlucky ones to have been "outted". Maybe it will serve as a lesson to others. And at the end of the day I'd rather we had a few star glipes than an entire squad of dead on losers. On the pitch is what matters.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

>appl >appl >appl
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

This thread is backing up with excuses for the wabs. They just keep coming. In the event of a NG verdict, I will disagree with their lack of respect for women as shown in the wassup exchanges. Should they be punished? Yes. Should they be sacked? No (based on this alone however other previous incidents known/unknown may come into play). We don't, however, have to make any excuses for them. A proportionate consequence should be found. You might not agree if you are a fan of dis-proportionate repercussions i.e. a christian. Christians might say they can play for Ireland again but they will burn in hell for eternity as a result of their unbelief. That's their choice.

Most people would give their right wabnut to play for Ireland. Why be such a wab? I'd forego racism, sexism and alcoholism for that experience.

In summary: Wabs are wabs. We don't have to excuse this.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote: The issue isn't what wild activities young ones get up to in bed, three ways, four ways, whips and chains, whatever, so long as it's consensual, it's the lack of respect towards women.
Simple question

have you ever in your life made a lewd or judgmental comment about another person of the gender you are sexually attracted to?

If the answer is yes, "but...", you're a hypocrite.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote: The issue isn't what wild activities young ones get up to in bed, three ways, four ways, whips and chains, whatever, so long as it's consensual, it's the lack of respect towards women.
Simple question

have you ever in your life made a lewd or judgmental comment about another person of the gender you are sexually attracted to?

If the answer is yes, "but...", you're a hypocrite.
A lot of hypocrites around Snipe
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best