RACING 92 V ULSTER Saturday 20th Oct KO:18.30 TV: BT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: RACING 92 V ULSTER Saturday 20th OctKO:18.30 TV: BT

Post by Tender »

Has the team been announced?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RACING 92 V ULSTER Saturday 20th Oct KO:18.30 TV: BT

Post by Dave »

Tender wrote:Has the team been announced?
Not to the public.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

We have already given more game time to the kids in a handful of matches than Lesbian did in his whole tenure.

Now I know sometimes needs must and the injury situation is wild etc but previously the guys would get one match then vanish.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Gary wrote:One of the ways Kiss really annoyed me was his decision to pick and choose which matches he was going to "throw". Now it seems to be happening again. The best available team should be sent to Paris and for a number of reasons.

1. A bonus point, of whatever sort, might just keep us right in the group contention to the very end.
2. Lots of fans are spending lots of cash travelling over to Paris to support Ulster in what, in spite of English selfishness, is still a top-class tournament. Maintaining your reputation is something not to be forgotten about
3.Maybe it's because of my football connections, but I believe sending a weakened team to play against a top team ,just because you think you're going to lose anyway, is a complete denial of what competitive sport is about. What's the point in even entering a competition if you're not going to give it your best shot?
4. We have 6 matches to play in the effort to reach the Heiny knock-out stage. How many are there in the Pro 14? Each Heiny game is clearly more valuable than a Pro 14 one. Yet the call is to send the stiffs to play against Racing and the stars to play against Dragons. Sorry, can't figure that one out...
5.Finally, is it really acceptable to suffer another 60 point mauling? Would this benefit the kids in any way? Or may it not destroy their confidence completely? And please don't try the one about their learning from the experience...rugby and football aren't that much different!
Shouldn't play any one injured, but to hide and protect our best players so they can play at home to the Dragons the following week seems strange. And anyway, are we not protecting some of them for Ireland's benefit rather than our own?
With you on this Gary. We have to give this our best shot. No ifs or buts.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Tender wrote:Has the team been announced?
Reading between the lines..... it was announced on Match of The Day!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Gary wrote:One of the ways Kiss really annoyed me was his decision to pick and choose which matches he was going to "throw". Now it seems to be happening again. The best available team should be sent to Paris and for a number of reasons.

1. A bonus point, of whatever sort, might just keep us right in the group contention to the very end.
2. Lots of fans are spending lots of cash travelling over to Paris to support Ulster in what, in spite of English selfishness, is still a top-class tournament. Maintaining your reputation is something not to be forgotten about
3.Maybe it's because of my football connections, but I believe sending a weakened team to play against a top team ,just because you think you're going to lose anyway, is a complete denial of what competitive sport is about. What's the point in even entering a competition if you're not going to give it your best shot?
4. We have 6 matches to play in the effort to reach the Heiny knock-out stage. How many are there in the Pro 14? Each Heiny game is clearly more valuable than a Pro 14 one. Yet the call is to send the stiffs to play against Racing and the stars to play against Dragons. Sorry, can't figure that one out...
5.Finally, is it really acceptable to suffer another 60 point mauling? Would this benefit the kids in any way? Or may it not destroy their confidence completely? And please don't try the one about their learning from the experience...rugby and football aren't that much different!

Of course, we shouldn't play any one injured, but to hide and protect our best players so they can play at home to the Dragons the following week seems strange. And anyway, are we not protecting some of them for Ireland's benefit rather than our own?
You’re right mate. And I think we will field the best side we can.

The Tigers could obviously do us a favour on Friday although i’m not convinced they will.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Neill_M wrote:Image
Pretty much as expected given the injuries. AOC can’t do 2 European starts in a row; Cooney and Curtis injured.

Before people start getting on Shanahan’s back, I think he’s still the best back up option we have and I’d rather a Shanners who’s had a bit of game time than one coming in from the cold. Let Burns kick from hand though.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Racing 92

15. Simon Zebo, 14. Teddy Thomas, 13. Olivier Klemenczak, 12. Henry Chavancy (c), 11. Juan Imhoff, 10. Finn Russell, 9. Xavier Chauveau, 1. Guram Gogichashvili, 2. Camille Chat, 3. Cedate Gomes Sa, 4. Dominic Bird, 5. Leone Nakarawa, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Bernard Le Roux, 8. Antonie Claassen.

16. Teddy Baubigny, 17. Vasil Kakovin, 18. Census Johnston, 19. Fabien Sanconnie, 20. Jordan Joseph, 21. Teddy Iribaren, 22. Ben Volavola, 23 Léonard Paris
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Looking at the sides, a 4 try BP is probably the best Ulster can hope for.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

That team of ours is getting dicked in this match.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:Image
Does nobody ever post a proper team list any more? It seems we just rely on a picture from UR's social media.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Racing 92

15. Simon Zebo, 14. Teddy Thomas, 13. Olivier Klemenczak, 12. Henry Chavancy (c), 11. Juan Imhoff, 10. Finn Russell, 9. Xavier Chauveau, 1. Guram Gogichashvili, 2. Camille Chat, 3. Cedate Gomes Sa, 4. Dominic Bird, 5. Leone Nakarawa, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Bernard Le Roux, 8. Antonie Claassen.

16. Teddy Baubigny, 17. Vasil Kakovin, 18. Census Johnston, 19. Fabien Sanconnie, 20. Jordan Joseph, 21. Teddy Iribaren, 22. Ben Volavola, 23 Léonard Paris
Looks weak............................................... :duck:

No Donnacha Ryan means we'll dick them, he's the only decent forward they have, The rest are surrender monkeys. G'teed 5 pointer.

Maybe Terry Thomas will be arrested before the game............ I saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, woof woof.
tt.jpg
tt.jpg (8.25 KiB) Viewed 380 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I think the main priority for this match is to avoid picking up injuries on the ridiculous plastic pitch.

And I don’t mean carpet burns.

Is a picture of a Bounder PC enough for modern man Baggy?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:

Of course, we shouldn't play any one injured, but to hide and protect our best players so they can play at home to the Dragons the following week seems strange. And anyway, are we not protecting some of them for Ireland's benefit rather than our own?
You’re right mate. And I think we will field the best side we can.

The Tigers could obviously do us a favour on Friday although i’m not convinced they will.
The tigers can't even do themselves a favour right now.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?