HC Quarter Final

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: HC Quarter Final

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:Where are Ulster fans likely to sit?
No idea. With Ulster giving priority to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, then new 19/20 STHs may not be a lot left for the general sale for the Ulster allocation.
I'm in the second priority so I'm not sure if there will be anything after the first priority.
Is it likely to be 1 per ST?
Not confirmed, but I would guess that. 9k? STHs currently. Ulster should get just north of 12k tickets.
If it's 1 per priority booking, will it be possible to book adjacent seats? I just want one for me and my Dad.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I think they have the capability of allowing one ST holder to buy for others allowing seating together. Assume we will get a cut of all sections of the ground not just the 'low bit' at the end.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
d4surfer
Novice

Post by d4surfer »

Neill_M wrote:Public sale for the :blueafro: allocation is Thursday 31st Jan at 10am.
The public sale on the 31st is for all brethern regardless of their geographic orientation. There should be enough for everyone.
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Looking to get a ticket for me and my dad as well

Not a STH

If anyone, though unlikely, isn't going, I would greatly appreciate any tickets on offer

Failing that, is the best bet to go through the general sale from the Leinster end?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Email received. 2 tickets per ST holder from Friday. Assume the day will be released before then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:Looking to get a ticket for me and my dad as well

Not a STH

If anyone, though unlikely, isn't going, I would greatly appreciate any tickets on offer

Failing that, is the best bet to go through the general sale from the Leinster end?
When they go on general sale it is open to anyone at that stage. I'd say you would have a good enough chance if you're on early.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Dave wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:Looking to get a ticket for me and my dad as well

Not a STH

When they go on general sale it is open to anyone at that stage. I'd say you would have a good enough chance if you're on early.
Cheers Dave

Saying that any Season Ticket holders who cant go are also appreciated!!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

First dibs should go to those that made the trip the other week.

10 tickets each. That would get rid of the first 1000.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote:
Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote: Tough one alright, could be 12-13 Leinster guys on the pitch. Throw in a few saffers and off you go.
If Leinster are not playing there will be no Leinster "goys" on the pitch.
Was there not 7 Leinster guys in the 23 for Ulster at the weekend? The 5 year residency rule is going to choke off your regular supply of Boks. What then? Mexico Baby!
Oh yes, more and more private school posh boys from Dublin (and a few farmer types from the greater Dublin area). Any half decent Ulster lad will be made captain just so you can have a local accent for post match interviews.
It's already too late, Nucifora (The Sith) has done his job well.
You will be assimilated.
No. There were 23 Ulster players in the Ulster.

Leinster is a club. The only reason players play for a club is because they want to. When they leave they are no longer Leinster players.

I literally cannot communicate this any simpler.

The provinces are fictional geographical zones. We have simply have Irish players coming to play for an Irish club.

Your nonsensical point about "boks" is utter bollix, considering Leinster have more overseas players than Ulster.
The natural extension of this is that Ruan, Paddy and Stu can no longer be considered to have anything to do with Ulster and are of no interest to us. I think very few here would agree with you on that.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

They are Ex-players. Nothing more. Sentiment has no place in a professional business.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pwrmoore wrote:
Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote:
Dave wrote:
ladyboy696969 wrote: Tough one alright, could be 12-13 Leinster guys on the pitch. Throw in a few saffers and off you go.
If Leinster are not playing there will be no Leinster "goys" on the pitch.
Was there not 7 Leinster guys in the 23 for Ulster at the weekend? The 5 year residency rule is going to choke off your regular supply of Boks. What then? Mexico Baby!
Oh yes, more and more private school posh boys from Dublin (and a few farmer types from the greater Dublin area). Any half decent Ulster lad will be made captain just so you can have a local accent for post match interviews.
It's already too late, Nucifora (The Sith) has done his job well.
You will be assimilated.
No. There were 23 Ulster players in the Ulster.

Leinster is a club. The only reason players play for a club is because they want to. When they leave they are no longer Leinster players.

I literally cannot communicate this any simpler.

The provinces are fictional geographical zones. We have simply have Irish players coming to play for an Irish club.

Your nonsensical point about "boks" is utter bollix, considering Leinster have more overseas players than Ulster.
The natural extension of this is that Ruan, Paddy and Stu can no longer be considered to have anything to do with Ulster and are of no interest to us. I think very few here would agree with you on that.
Not so. They are ex-players, but in any sport there are players who are held in high regard and most affectionately by the supporters even after they leave. It may be because of how they played for the club, the loyalty shown to the club, or a particular exploit that brought credit or success to the club. Once they leave, it doesn't mean they are no longer considered anything to do with the club ...especially if they are forced to leave most reluctantly.

In any sport there will obvious examples - Ole Gunnar Solskjær an obvious example even though he wasn't forced out Manchester United.

In rugby, did the late Jack Kyle have nothing to do with Ulster once he retired? He represented Ulster when it was a province, and yet at the club that is Ulster Rugby, he was still held in high esteem and honour.

Ditto WJMcB, Mike Gibson, Jimmy McCoy ... the list could go on (albeit that not all will agree on everyone suggested).

Just because a player ceases to play for the club doesn't necessarily mean they can no longer be considered to have anything to do with the club.

Gysbert Johann Muller anyone? Stefan Terblanche? They were here for relatively short and very short periods respectively, but I would suggest that both are still "Ulster men" just like Ruan, Paddy and Stu. Possibly for differing contributions from other former players, but Johann and Stefan both still have a positive influence for the club that is Ulster Rugby (not least in the transfer market for potential players).
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tender wrote:They are Ex-players. Nothing more. Sentiment has no place in a professional business.
There is plenty of room for sentiment in a professional business. It just shouldn't have any place in the major decision making.

Probably not in the minor decisions either, and I'm struggling to think of an example where it might be appropriate, but I wouldn't rule it out completely

Off topic I know, but does everyone consider Ulster Rugby to be a professional business? :duck:

In many ways in previous years, many would have considered Ulster Rugby to be amateur...ish, but is that changing?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster's ticketing plans for the QF are definitely flexible. They were going to distribute them to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, new STHs for 2019/20 and then general sale. Now very possibly on the back of the announcement from :mexican: yesterday, its 2/STH from Friday and if any left they go into the overall public sale on the 31st. Can't see too many from the Ulster end going into the public sale pot with potentially 18,000 applications for 12,000 tickets during the STH period.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Ulster's ticketing plans for the QF are definitely flexible. They were going to distribute them to STHs, Stand Up and Game Pass Members, new STHs for 2019/20 and then general sale. Now very possibly on the back of the announcement from :mexican: yesterday, its 2/STH from Friday and if any left they go into the overall public sale on the 31st. Can't see too many from the Ulster end going into the public sale pot with potentially 18,000 applications for 12,000 tickets during the STH period.
I wouldn't panic.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best