Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Injury Update

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:Marcell should forget about rugby. Just get himself fit for everyday functional movement. Surgery after surgery didn't do Ferris much good in the end.
Agreed Dave
In this case is it not surgery after surgery after surgury.....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I think some people are simply assuming that all we have to do is phone up Hughes* and they will be rushing to pay out for Marcell's contract/wages/replacement#

Unfortunately I strongly suspect they will not be in any rush to do so any time soon, if at all. :roll:

* Other insurance companies/brokers are available
# Delete as applicable
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

Truth IH was always a questionable asset a lot of forward effort wasted . He was a left handed outhalf in a right handed backline and in all the years he played Ulster were playing with a 14 man defence admittedly it took some teams a season or two realise the fact and take advantage of it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy

Truth IH was always a questionable asset a lot of forward effort wasted . He was a left handed outhalf in a right handed backline and in all the years he played Ulster were playing with a 14 man defence admittedly it took some teams a season or two realise the fact and take advantage of it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If only there was a "Specsavers" for memory Ron'n, you have clearly forgotten a welter of matches iHumph won through his exceptional spark of ability, which whilst never consistent is not a figment of my imagination. In his years before being usurped by young Jackson iHumph was an undoubted asset if a flakey one and at the Heiny Cup level too.

For example, when he scored all 16 points to bring Ulster back from the dead against Clermont on the way to the final in 2012, the bullet to beat Biarritz when we had never looked like winning and much more.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I think some people are simply assuming that all we have to do is phone up Hughes* and they will be rushing to pay out for Marcell's contract/wages/replacement#

Unfortunately I strongly suspect they will not be in any rush to do so any time soon, if at all. :roll:

# Delete as applicable
Grumps, if you know the situation it's certainly a clarification I'd welcome. There appears to be a hint in there that his knee difficulties may not have been insured, where that the case someone has made a colossal clusterballix given Marcell's injury profile, if I'm not mistaken 3 serious knee injuries before he got here.

To have taken him on a wing and a prayer would have been negligent. I have said a couple of times that I thought Ulster were right to take a punt on him, given his ability, but I assumed suitable cover would have been in place before doing so. :shock: :shock: :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

As a general rule, insurance companies will exclude pre-existing conditions or issues.

There's another Brumbie currently plying his trade in Japan who may be available in January at the end of their season. I've heard he does a pretty decent job of filling in at 7 and 8, maybe worth a look?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

pg106 wrote:As a general rule, insurance companies will exclude pre-existing conditions or issues.

There's another Brumbie currently plying his trade in Japan who may be available in January at the end of their season. I've heard he does a pretty decent job of filling in at 7 and 8, maybe worth a look?
Could we afford him given we are apparently still paying Marcela to sit out the rest of this season between him and Charles you don't get much change out of £1M a year.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I think some people are simply assuming that all we have to do is phone up Hughes* and they will be rushing to pay out for Marcell's contract/wages/replacement#

# Delete as applicable
Grumps, if you know the situation it's certainly a clarification I'd welcome. There appears to be a hint in there that his knee difficulties may not have been insured, where that the case someone has made a colossal clusterballix given Marcell's injury profile, if I'm not mistaken 3 serious knee injuries before he got here.

To have taken him on a wing and a prayer would have been negligent. I have said a couple of times that I thought Ulster were right to take a punt on him, given his ability, but I assumed suitable cover would have been in place before doing so. :shock: :shock: :shock:
baggy... I would say taking on a player with a history of serious knee injuries without any insurance cover is foolhardy and negligent... but at the same time it sums us up. I understand that UR will operate next season without any Public Liability Insurance because it too might cost too much..
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

I don't think we will be allowed to sign injury cover for Marcell even if we did have the cash. I believe that the signing of Deysel and the emergence of Rea will mean that the powers that be in D4 would tell us to feck right off.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

# Delete as applicable

baggy... I would say taking on a player with a history of serious knee injuries without any insurance cover is foolhardy and negligent... but at the same time it sums us up. I understand that UR will operate next season without any Public Liability Insurance because it too might cost too much..
Perhaps UR looked for cover but no insurer would underwrite it? There is no way that they could be without PL, with personal injury claims potentially running into the millions, it would be lights out on the hill if they didn't have cover.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
pg106 wrote:As a general rule, insurance companies will exclude pre-existing conditions or issues.

Could we afford him given we are apparently still paying Marcela to sit out the rest of this season between him and Charles you don't get much change out of £1M a year.
And we have around 2k less through the gate each match at say £25 each equals £700 k for the season.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Any word on jihad?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Any word on jihad?
Plenty of bed rest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Any word on jihad?
Plenty of bed rest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Glad he doesn't need major reconstruction.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Ross or Rea will get capped in the AI's and the D4 Bellends will say we have international cover in the back row.

Have I mentioned I could give a shyte about the FIRFU?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND