Sing for It

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

DB - I'll try just once more as simple as I can. As stated by Cables and myself elsewhere UR requested that the URSC carry out the survey the result of which was forwarded to UR (with me so far).

The URSC published (yes published) the results on the website for everyone (except it would seem you to study) and so too did the Belfast Telegraph (circulation what say a couple of hundred thousand).

Now all this was done months ago with UR even taking consideration of some of the comments made by those responding. So why do you wait a couple of months before raising issues with it now? ans why kep asking the same question time and tiem again.

Your views on the Maze confuse me and leave me thinking that with so little opinion in return one might assume that you are one of those ramming it down our throats.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

CT if anyone is in a need of a slow approach taken it is you. I ask the same questions for you have not come forward with the details. But lets do a quick review of the answers given by you so far.

You state that UB where behind the poll, that they are happy with the results and our taking it seriously, I guess we will have to take your word for it!

You state only 2 people refused your petition, oh well I guess we will have to take your word for it!

You state 2K is a 'vast' majority of 7K fans, hmmm I guess we will have to take your word for it!

Do you think there is a pattern here? :shock:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I really don't want to get involved with this childish arguement (but I find i can't help myself :lol: )

DB, I think Dewi Barnes said it all when he said,
Finally you could go for the “Cat Food” equation and state that 9 out of 10 Ulster Supporters who expressed a preference stated that their cat preferred the Maze and this is probably nearer the sort of data sample that you have. So if 2000 have said “no” and only 2 said “yes” (out of a total of 2002 asked) with respect to the move to the Maze you have, “99.9% of Ulster Supporters who expressed a preference stated that they would rather stay at Ravenhill” which is a pretty catchy slogan if you ask me!
At the time of publishing of the poll, and subsequently the announcement of the results, it was stated that UR were behind the poll. fact.

This puts into so many words, what their opinions were, and what CT has been trying to say.

The petition (as has been stated) is not over and will probably continue next season. maybe there will be more response, maybe none at all.

Whatever your disagreement is with the way the online poll and offline petition is, there really is no need to lower yourself (or anyone else for that matter) to insults and personal remarks. (You didn't when you originally posted - please refrain from doing so now) Thankyou. :wink:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Glad to see that you got the survey details wasn't too hard was it although in your case a few months too late.

I have several times made my view clear and am well aware of views of many supporters. Most would appear to want to stay and see Ravenhill re-developed, some even wanted to see what the re-development would be like before making a decison. The preferred option of most would be to have any new stadium built in Belfast. This is also the view of UR as well.

Now that you have the figures yuo will not than most do not want to move to the Maze. As stated elsewhere if you feel so strong about it givne up your own time and get all your mates to help you and canvess support for whatever you wnat. Then again that isn't exactly clear and as stated elsewhere yuo are more like a government spin doctor every time you post.

But let us hear what you want and interested to know if asking people not to join the URSC are you still a member yourself?
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

On the contary CT the poll shows many things, that the majority do not want involvement in the Maze is not one of them.

I see your returning to your role as official spokesman for UR again we will have to take your word for it what UR thinks. :scratch:

By the way the only thing I feel strongly about is your misrepresentation of the facts, 2K is not a 'vast' majority thats was the purpose of my original post!

In relation to the club membership I doubt this is any of your concern!
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

On the contary CT the poll shows many things, that the majority do not want involvement in the Maze is not one of them.
And what do you think it does show DB?

Colin :twisted:
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Colin it pains me to have do this but 50 posts on this is plenty. I have given a full explanation of the poll on another web site linked to ulster rugby, can I suggest you have a look.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I already have ... but you seem to feel that the views of the URSC are not representative of the supporters. If this is the case those supporters ought to represent their case. It may be the case that the URSC does not so it would be beneficial to all if they were to.I would certainly welcome it and I think the members of the URSC would as well. At least they should express their views on either of these 2 MBs. It would be welcomed in the spirit of onstructive debate.

Colin :twisted:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Would you prefer to stay at Ravenhill or go to a new multi sports stadium?

64% stay at Ravenhill
36% to move somewhere else

When everyone was asked for their preferred location if the team were to move ?

80% said Belfast
11% said the Maze

When those that expressed a desire to leave Ravenhill (ie the 36%) were asked for their preferred location for a new stadium?

68% said Belfast
22% said the Maze

I have asked you to explain you views here and even by writing to the URSC to put across the other side of the arguement. Despite being givne the opportunity yuo decline to do so. Time to switch off before you take us all round in circles once again.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Dead Ball
I have already had a look at your "explanation" elsewhere and replied as your "explanation" did not impress me.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

CT
I have stated my view many times in the past as you are well aware since it was with you largely the debate took place.

I am happy to support Ulster wherever they play. I am season ticket holder and I will always (I Hope) be one. I think the Maze will be a fantastic sports facility and I look forward to some big games being hosted there. From my view I find it hard to understand how you and others are willing to travel to Italy or France to watch Ulster play but not 15 miles out of Belfast. I lived a large part of my life in Belfast and in fact I lived only a 10 min walk from Ravers. I know well the mentality of the people there they don't like the thought of traveling the end of themselves and especially not out to the 'sticks'. I believe this is one of the main objections many have.

The other main reason some may not want to go to the Maze is for purely political reasons, I say this for it seems both unionist parties have voiced their displeasure at this site (many on this MB have mirrored their comments).

Both these reasons I (personally speaking) feel our very narrow minded. I would look to the positives that National Stadium would bring for both communities and I am genuinely excitied (and not because of where I live) Rugby, Soccer and the GAA not to mention many other sports such as athletics which will all benefit when the stadium goes ahead.

I feel HEC games being played there and CL and other friendlies at Ravers would be a good compromise. I have nothing against Ravers in fact quite the opposite I have very good memories there (watching the semi in 99 would be one).

So as you can see it is not so much I want 'sell' the Maze venue as I can't think of any good reasons why not. Some reasons/problems put forward here and elsewhere why ti is a bad idea to my mind are window dressing for one of the above main objections.

Thats it really! :wink:

p.s. These are only personally held thoughts and I am not trying to present them as facts or ram them down anyone's throat, but you asked and so there it is.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Interestingly one of our more senior posters on the other MB just proves my view! :shaking:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

The other main reason some may not want to go to the Maze is for purely political reasons, I say this for it seems both unionist parties have voiced their displeasure at this site (many on this MB have mirrored their comments).
I reckon both Unionist parties are now behind it save a few individuals such as Michael McGimpsey, I think, who would not appear to be in favour.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I think if something has to bo done with the maze site, then a national stadium is as good a thing as any, to help us get rid of what was once there for good. But not with a bloody museum tacked on to it. Thats crass and repugnant to most people, even nationalists believe me. If history has taught us anything, its to improve on the misdeeds of the past, not relive them.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

DB

Just for the record the petition at ravenhill is one of several

The stadium is discussed on several other sites other than this and ulster rugby

stadium4 belfast :ourwee country to name two

most experience shows that when a Stadium is built in the country and not in major city it is a failure

the article in the Sunday life states

"with shops cinemas and restaurants concerts and maybe even an Ice rink bolted on it will be like a small village springing up to rival the superb regeneation of the Odyssey/waterfront areas of Belfast

The doubters said these would be white elephants --- well look at them now"

and fails to state the obvious

that the only reason they are not white elephants is because they are in Belfast

If they were in the Maze would they be sucess they are ???

The first paragraph reads like the prospectus for Craigavon
Legahory

Maybe the same spin doctor who wrote the prospectus for the channel tunnel has got a new job

If it where to floated as a public company how many shares would you buy

me none--- because like the channel tunnel the figures don't add up

pure pie in the sky
2B or not 2B that is the question ?