Chris Henry

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Chris Henry

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

shamalicious wrote:I don't think we need to worry about Chris and John not having much game time. Both will be chomping at the bit and I can't see them being too rusty.
The one who will look most rusty is paddy jackson - but that's just on top of his head. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Chris Henry

Post by shamalicious »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
shamalicious wrote:I don't think we need to worry about Chris and John not having much game time. Both will be chomping at the bit and I can't see them being too rusty.
The one who will look most rusty is paddy jackson - but that's just on top of his head. :duck:
:lol:
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

SUFTGM

Stand Up For The Ginger Man
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'd say it's more a case of holding those 2 boys back. Big John had already proved he can hit the ground running.

Just a week to go. We're on the run in now. Can't wait, and at the same time, I don't want it all to be over :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

Great news if Chris is fit.

Take 'em on up front and starve their backs of quality ball.

They won't like it up 'em.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:I'd say it's more a case of holding those 2 boys back. Big John had already proved he can hit the ground running.

Just a week to go. We're on the run in now. Can't wait, and at the same time, I don't want it all to be over :lol:
The paradox of the HC final Merv, frankly the last few days I've had a major grump on after a nothing game last week & no rugby this week.

God knows what the summer holds, I may have to disappear for a month or two. Junkies eh?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Hope Chris makes it- close to being my player of the season tbh. I was worried that it had went too quiet, like it did for Embra. Unlike Fez, where we were pretty sure it was mostly smoke and mirrors to distract the Turnips.

Plan B if CH doesn't make it.... Big Dan Tuohy Blindside, 1F and PW3, Massive pack with Big Lewis, and batter them tae feck...
I'd rather we went down in flames, all guns blazing, than disappointing, slightly peeved (formerly Mad) Willie tinkering about and getting blown away. Don't know if it's sustainable with McLaughlin and Jennings, but it would be my plan B, and at least annoy BOD and Cullen... :lol:

I do think our strength is in the pack, and they're there to be taken up front. Plus they don't rate us :mexican: .. just like Munster didn't... >TB :twisted:
Exterminate all rational thought
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Agreed CI big Lewis is a tank and a half and always gives the lot. Loved it when He shoved a cheeky Drico back into his own half at ravers.Do not turn over soft ball or possession keep the big guys at it,centres tight and have the back three waiting for the breaks from Ruans sublime passing/ box kicks. :red:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Retiring with immediate effect.

Good luck, Chad!

A genuine legend of a man.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

A top top man, great ambassador for the sport and one helluva player

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Chad wrote:
CHRIS HENRY OPEN LETTER
After a great deal of thought and in-depth discussions with family and friends, I believe that now is the right time to retire from the game I love. No matter how much I would love to finish the season with this talented group, my career has taken its toll physically, and so for the wellbeing of myself, my loving wife and my family, I will be retiring immediately.
It’s impossible to thank everyone who has contributed to my career in this short letter, but allow me to make a start.
I am incredibly proud to be a one-club man, and I want to thank Ulster for giving me the chance to achieve my dream. The honour of putting on the white and green jerseys is something I will always cherish. I feel incredibly lucky and privileged to have travelled all around the world doing what I love.
Like any rugby career, there has been setbacks and knocks, however the incredible highs will forever outweigh the lows. Thank you to all the coaches, players, physiotherapists, doctors, back-room staff and fans that kept the faith in me.
The heart and soul of rugby is teamwork, and I have had some incredible teammates over the years. To have lost Nevin Spence at such a young age had a huge impact on me and so many others. He was a source of inspiration and I have always tried to do the club proud as he did. Ulster and Irish Rugby will always remember his legacy. It has been a privilege to witness the new generation of young Ulster players come through the ranks with bucket-loads of talent and an incredible work ethic. I truly believe success is not far away.
I want to thank every team I have been part of along the way – from Malone minis, to my school boy rugby at Wallace, senior rugby at both Ballymena and Malone, to Ulster and Ireland. I take joy in the fact my first and last game of rugby has been for Malone – 29 years apart!
A huge thank you to my family for always being there for me. To my mum – this could never have happened without you. You and dad couldn’t have given me a better start in life and you have travelled across the world supporting me. To my brothers John and Daniel – thank you for always being my biggest fans and believing in me. We sadly lost our father William one month before my first Irish Cap but every time I put on the jersey I felt him with me. I take great happiness that he saw me lead Ulster out on many occasions and no doubt he would have enjoyed this incredible journey just as much as me. He was my best friend and we still miss him dearly.
To my beautiful wife and soul-mate, Jade. Thank you for always supporting me during the ups and downs. I’m so excited to see what the future holds. Our family is soon to get slightly bigger and I can’t wait for this new adventure to begin!
Finally, to the Ulster fans. Thank you for making the journey so special, and if you see me in the terraces on a Friday night, please come say hi!
Yours in rugby,
Chris (Chad)
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

One of Ulster true legends, a true and loyal Ulsterman, i hope he goes to a coaching roll somewhere >clapping >clapping >clapping
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote:One of Ulster true legends, a true and loyal Ulsterman, i hope he goes to a coaching roll somewhere >clapping >clapping >clapping
He was talking about being an air traffic controller, like his dad, before his (too brief) Ireland career kicked off.

Great servant for Ulster. Somebody I run into regularly with his wee dogs and look forward to wishing him all the very best for the future. :red:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Brilliant letter from a top guy. Sometimes they seem like some PR chube wrote them, that appears straight from the heart. Always one of my favourite players, sad he couldn’t go out with his Ulster boots on, but a great Binman, that’s a good second. I hope life is good to Chad for whatever comes after rugby.

Slogan thought himself a legend, Chad is the real deal. >appl >appl >appl
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Have to agree that this guy was an Ulster legend. Fair play to McGlock for persisting with the idea of converting him to a 7 when many thought he was going down the wrong path. At his peak he was absolutely outstanding there, not just for Ulster (he was close to MOTM at Thomond in the big Heiny win and his absence for the semi showed how valuable he was) but also for Ireland - i seem to recall him playing a key role in a championship win under Jo around 2014/2015.

A true Ulsterman and very nice guy off the pitch as well. Up there with AAT as guys who always gave 100%.

His open letter says everything about the man :salut: :red: