Ulster v Zebre

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Zebre

Post by Rooster »

Look ruckie if the king says he wants to play Cochrane instead of Allen he will do that !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Now that Healy has been cited, I reckon it's likely that Court will be withdrawn.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ruckover wrote:Now that Healy has been cited, I reckon it's likely that Court will be withdrawn.
Kidney should be firmly told
Go feck yourself, you have 1 month left on your contract, away and tom kite
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ruckover wrote:Now that Healy has been cited, I reckon it's likely that Court will be withdrawn.
ATC and PJ will go down to Dublin tomorrow and back up for the game on Friday.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

kingofthehill wrote:
that was the problem last week - seven players who only travelled back up for our game on Friday afternoon - kidney has a lot to answer for
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Yoda wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
that was the problem last week - seven players who only travelled back up for our game on Friday afternoon - kidney has a lot to answer for
A factor yes, but not the problem.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

To me this game is not so much who plays but rather the game plan,I am hoping for whoever takes the field for Ulster that they will size up their opposite number and let rip,blow them off the park inflict pain and humiliate them,5 points should then be a target as an afterthought. :fleg: >skull
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Anyone seen Neil Walsh play or know anything about him?
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

kingofthehill wrote:Anyone seen Neil Walsh play or know anything about him?
Wasn't he in the last Ravens squad? Info dug up on him then was he'd played for Lansdowne before going and playing in Australia.
Flads
Novice

Post by Flads »

Ulster XV & replacements to face Zebre, RaboDirect PRO12, Ravenhill, Friday 15th February 2013 (kick off 7.05pm):
(15-9): R Andrew, A Trimble, D Cave, L Marshall, C Cochrane; P Jackson, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, R Herring, D Fitzpatrick, J Muller (capt), L Stevenson, I Henderson, C Henry, R Diack;
Replacements (16-23): N Annett, C Black, J Afoa, N McComb, M McComish, M Heaney, S Olding, N Walsh.

Profile: Neil Walsh
Position: Wing
DOB: 29/06/1985
Height: 180cm
Weight: 88kg
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Ulster bolstered for Zebre clash

Ulster welcome back Ireland forwards Declan Fitzpatrick, Iain Henderson and Chris Henry for the RaboDirect PRO12 clash against Zebre this Friday (kick off 7.05pm, Ravenhill).

Backline players Paddy Jackson, Darren Cave and Chris Cochrane are the other players coming into the team, while there are a further two positional switches.
Dublin born winger Neil Walsh, who joined Ulster last month after a three year spell playing for Melbourne Rugby Club, could make his debut after being named among the replacements. If he makes an appearance on Friday night he will be the 46th player to represent the Province this season, 41 of which are Irish qualified.

Fitzpatrick's inclusion means Tom Court will revert back to loosehead prop, with Rob Herring again starting at hooker. Captain Johann Muller and Lewis Stevenson continue their second row partnership, while flankers Henderson and Henry are joined by Robbie Diack in the back row.

Jackson has replaced Stuart Olding at flyhalf and will line up outside Ruan Pienaar (scrumhalf). Cave's return to the number 13 jersey sees Luke Marshall move inside, with Cochrane joining Andrew Trimble and Ricky Andrew in the back three.

Joining Walsh as the backline options on the bench are young Belfast Harlequins half backs Michael Heaney and Stuart Olding. Front row cover is provided by Niall Annett, Callum Black and John Afoa, who returns to the squad after a three week absence. Neil McComb and Mike McComish are also included in the 23.

There are now less than 1,000 tickets available for Friday's game as Ulster look to play in front of a sold out crowd for the ninth consecutive match. Please call 02890493222 (option 2) for more information or book online at http://www.ulsterrugby.com.

Ulster XV & replacements to face Zebre, RaboDirect PRO12, Ravenhill, Friday 15th February 2013 (kick off 7.05pm):
(15-9): R Andrew, A Trimble, D Cave, L Marshall, C Cochrane; P Jackson, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, R Herring, D Fitzpatrick, J Muller (capt), L Stevenson, I Henderson, C Henry, R Diack;
Replacements (16-23): N Annett, C Black, J Afoa, N McComb, M McComish, M Heaney, S Olding, N Walsh.

Profile: Neil Walsh
Position: Wing
DOB: 29/06/1985
Height: 180cm
Weight: 88kg
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Looking forward to catching a glimpse of Walsh

But no Allen or Tuohy?
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Happy with that side, although I agree with pip - where are Tuohy and Allen?
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Here's Walsh in action....looks good

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yLg0VsYoM2E

Ruck, would it be because IRFU confirmed this morning Mike McCarthy out for Scotland game?
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

pip14 wrote:Here's Walsh in action....looks good

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yLg0VsYoM2E
We'd settle for a couple of those.

Apparently, his "nickname" is Walshy :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall