Game against Zebre

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Game against Zebre

Post by Setanta »

This game has increased in importance regarding the rest of the season. We have injuries and they'll be at full strength; if we win we should move into the top four if other results go our way, if we lose we could fall to sixth; and confidence or lack of for the next three games. Never thought this game would be so important earlier, indeed a bit of a gimme. It ain't no longer!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Game against Zebre

Post by Neill_M »

Game is live on RTE2 at 1:55pm this Sat (2pm ko). No mention of it being on BBC Red Button/Website yet. Team selection will definitely be interesting, especially at lock and the back row with Muller, Henderson, Stevenson, Williams and Henry all injured! Almost came unstuck there last year with NOC saving the day.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

With the Hairsprays playing Glasgie this weekend, unless we manage to mess up big time in Italy, we'll overtake at least one of them. If they play out a draw we'll pass both of them. Turnips away to Dragqueens and Mexicans home to Scaaaaaaaaaalets so they probably have two wins in the bag, especially since Wales are playing against Australia next week so they'll still be missing their internationals.

Game before the Heineken Cup, full side out please:
15. J Payne, 14. A Trimble, 13. D Cave, 12. L Marshall, 11. T Bowe, 10. P Jackson, 9. R Pienaar; 1. T Court, 2. R Herring, 3. J Afoa, 4. D Tuohy, 5. N McComb*, 6. R Diack (c), 7. S Doyle, 8. R Wilson.

16. N Annett, 17. C Black, 18. D Fitzpatrick, 19. J Muller, 20. M McComish, 21. P Marshall, 22. C Farrell, 23. C Gilroy.

*I have no idea what the situation is with our locks so unless Muller is fully fit I wouldn't risk him. Better to have him for Treviso than Zebre.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

As close to the full team as possible barring injuries. I'd say we will rest bowe though, or bench at best.

With gilroy back we have some options in the back 3.
Why? Why not?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bowe will not play - IRFU player management rules.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Feckin Autumn feckin Inter-feckin-nationals .... pointless ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:Bowe will not play - IRFU player management rules.
Feck did he play on Sunday, missed that :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

More like outplayed on Sunday by Savea.
Previous week wasn't any better.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

I don't know why, but I thought the player management rules did not apply to HEC games.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Neill_M wrote:Game is live on RTE2 at 1:55pm this Sat (2pm ko). No mention of it being on BBC Red Button/Website yet. Team selection will definitely be interesting, especially at lock and the back row with Muller, Henderson, Stevenson, Williams and Henry all injured! Almost came unstuck there last year with NOC saving the day.
Stephen Watson said it was live on the BBC website.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well here's the thing. At the last URSC meeting Johann was confident of playing against Embra so with luck he will be available this week.

Then again what about Windy Payne? We could well see Craig at 15 again, Jared doesn't appear to be a cold weather player :shock: :shock: :shock:

The great Maacoooooooomash will probably be on Italian duty, no harm if he can recreate his break & neat wee pass for McKinney's try last week.

Presumably the Ginger Prince will fight his way past McKinney for the 10 shirt. Ruan past p.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Can't see Afoa starting. But it would be hard to leave him off the bench.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Let's not forget, Zebre are a much better side than that tom kite we played last week
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Then again what about Windy Payne? We could well see Craig at 15 again, Jared doesn't appear to be a cold weather player :shock: :shock: :shock:
Windy was training yesterday, but no idea to what extent or what the problem is.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Then again what about Windy Payne? We could well see Craig at 15 again, Jared doesn't appear to be a cold weather player :shock: :shock: :shock:
Windy was training yesterday, but no idea to what extent or what the problem is.
Believe it is one of groin, achilles, brain or cooling system - most probably the first one. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.