Predictions Competition 2014-2015

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Predictions Competition 2014-2015

Post by pwrmoore »

Only a little under 2 weeks to go until the new season is upon us. The team has already enjoyed a home friendly against Exeter with what must have been a record attendance for a home friendly game (Cables we still miss you).

The newly named Guinness Pro 12 is about to kick off and folks are already smacking their lips at the thought of Guinness at the Ravenhill Bars again. In a similar vein I'm sure that our regular predictors are also champing at the bit to get stuck into the new season's predictions competition.

The first round is now open and and ready for your predictions. So whether you're a new predictor or a returning old-hand it's time to get your thinking caps on and get your predictions in.

Register and Enter your predictions here

The first round closes at 7:35pm on Friday 5th September
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Predictions Competition 2014-2015

Post by pwrmoore »

Only 3 more days to go until the new season is upon us. The team has followed up a narrow home defeat to Exeter with a rare and very weclome victory away to Leinster in Tallaght.

The newly named Guinness Pro 12 is about to kick off and folks are already smacking their lips at the thought of Guinness at the Ravenhill Bars again. In a similar vein I'm sure that our regular predictors are also champing at the bit to get stuck into the new season's predictions competition.

The first round is now open and and ready for your predictions. So whether you're a new predictor or a returning old-hand it's time to get your thinking caps on and get your predictions in.

Paul.

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

its probably just me and bloody computers but when I try to join it says username and email address already taken.
Well of course they are already taken cause that's the username and email address I use on this Forum.
Please assist.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:its probably just me and bloody computers but when I try to join it says username and email address already taken.
Well of course they are already taken cause that's the username and email address I use on this Forum.
Please assist.

The competition has been running for years Mike. If it says that then you must have registered in a previous year. Your login and password from that previous registration should still work. If you have a problem then either email/PM fermain and he may be able to get your password reset - or else register again with a new name.
Paul.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:its probably just me and bloody computers but when I try to join it says username and email address already taken.
Please assist.

The competition has been running for years Mike. If it says that then you must have registered in a previous year. Your login and password from that previous registration should still work. If you have a problem then either email/PM fermain and he may be able to get your password reset - or else register again with a new name.
Try just to log in with your UAFC username and password
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

A little over 24 hours left.....

Paul.

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

How does one know when your predictions have been saved?

I click save, and the page simply refreshes
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Russ wrote:How does one know when your predictions have been saved?

I find the best way to check is navigate away and then come back to it. If they have been saved correctly they will still be visible. Always worth doing because a missed round can really hurt your score.
Paul.

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:

I find the best way to check is navigate away and then come back to it. If they have been saved correctly they will still be visible. Always worth doing because a missed round can really hurt your score.
Cheers

Expected a new page to say, you have successfully predicted the results

But it has worked
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

Cheers

But it has worked

You can suggest that to the boss (fermain) but i'm not sure how much opportunity there is for further developemnt given that it's free to play >EW
Paul.

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

Cheers

But it has worked

You can suggest that to the boss (fermain) but i'm not sure how much opportunity there is for further developemnt given that it's free to play >EW

Plus-side is you can edit your predictions right up to the closing time, presumably?

I edited mine once already.

Have predicted Foley to open with a loss down in Turnipstan >TDRT
It's the hope that kills you.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Right - have changed password and got access to Prediction page.
But for the avoidance of any doubt does clicking SAVE mean you have entered your predictions?
I clicked SAVE about 15 minutes ago so could the powers that be let me know if they have been received please.
Was always nice on the FRU site to get email acknowledgement.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

Cheers

But it has worked

When you submit your predictions, the next screen displays the number of predictions you've just entered,Predictions Inserted: 6> at the top right hand side of the banner, beside the Logout button.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Apologies, me again. Novice at this and as usual I'm not sure I'm doing things rite on my computer. All I can see is a SAVE button and I don't see any button saying Enter Predictions. No next screen appears. I've pressed save a few times. Anything reaching you Fermain?

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Apologies, me again. Novice at this and as usual I'm not sure I'm doing things rite on my computer. All I can see is a SAVE button and I don't see any button saying Enter Predictions. No next screen appears. I've pressed save a few times. Anything reaching you Fermain?
This was my issue too.

Dealt with above Michael