Sky sporting legend

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bobbyfatfingers
Novice

Sky sporting legend

Post by bobbyfatfingers »

have to say having watched the rugby edition of this last night (rerun on 404) i think the whole format of this is keak, and lends itself to the one eyed public picking their current favourite.

i missed parts of it so didn't see who was on the panel that whittled the greats down to the final ten - is it just the four guys on the show? how are they qualified?

the lack of qualityof the show was highlighted when des lynam queried why wilkinson hadn't been selected........
Skyhawk
Novice

Post by Skyhawk »

Sky sports make me sick :evil: It was a sad day, the day that bunch of tabloid w**kers got involved in rugby union :evil:
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

I disagree Skyhawk

I get to watch a hell of alot more rugby (never mind any other sports) than you previously ever could on the beeb. ITV have only ever been interested in the RWC. Plus sky's coverage is much more professional than Jackie "could I care less? I don't think so" Fullerton.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

Freddie, isn't your £££'s every month enough for 'Dupe'rt Murdoch without blowing his trumpet for him on here too??

PS. isn't your new signature a little "flaky"? :lol:
Mine's a pint!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

hoping to cause a few ripples M-T ?:? :P 8)
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

Nah Paul, It's just that every time I hear the "Sky" word, I scream!!
Mine's a pint!
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

I don't believe I was blowing his trumpet for him mt.
Merely stating facts.

I have no problem paying for what I watch.

re the signature - it's not new but it could do with being changed :oops:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Freddie Benson wrote:re the signature - it's not new but it could do with being changed :oops:
"06" Would be good Freddie :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I'll second that Rooster :D
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Skyhawk
Novice

Post by Skyhawk »

Freddie Benson wrote:I disagree Skyhawk

I get to watch a hell of alot more rugby (never mind any other sports) than you previously ever could on the beeb. ITV have only ever been interested in the RWC. Plus sky's coverage is much more professional than Jackie "could I care less? I don't think so" Fullerton.
Freddie,
I think that the BBC do a phenomenal job on the six nations, they also did a great job on the Heineken cup. SSs are more suited to American football and soccer.
They broadcast throughout the UK & Eire and further a field and still are as biased to England as RTE are to Ireland!!
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

I don't deny BBC can't cover 6N - when I'm not there, I'm glued to the tv. But Sky's ERC coverage is much more comprehensive than the beeb could ever hope, or wished, to show. Same when they jacked in Rugby Special when they initially lost England's games.

ITV are a joke with the RWC - Lynagh was practically apoplectic during last tourny when trying to answer some of Rosenthal's inane questions.

With my Sky package I get ERC, GP, S12, TN, NPC - and that's just the rugby union. I don't watch American football, so I can't comment on that. I have no problems paying what I do for what I get. (and that does not make me some Murdoch mouthpiece!!)