for those who scoffed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

for those who scoffed

Post by rumncoke »

Les Kiss re Mccloskey

"It's great to have that type of Player who has developed nicely" he said of the Bangor born centre who has impressed with his barn storming style this season . "When i was there last year he played some good football and took his opportunities. Then he had a few injuries in the middle of last year but he's started nicely this season .

"HE COULD PLAY AT NO 6 IF WE WANTED he is that sort of athlete. He's got a good range of skill sets -- but he's still learning the game.

Belfast Telegraph 1st Dec 2015 ( N.B. not the 1st of April ) >gimmefive
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: for those who scoffed

Post by rumncoke »

If he is to play 6 I would suggest he watch the Ulster v Munster match and J C Stander .

He takes up a position to be either the first over the tackled player on either the 2nd or 3rd phase .

He then puts the right leg over the tackled player to interfere with the release has a wide leg stance with his body at an angle of 45 degrees and down on the ball .

The technique results either in a turnover or a penalty based on one of two offences by the opposition either coming in at the side or failure to release .

The first because being at a body angle of 45 degrees on wide leg stance means the only way to remove him from the ruck requires an impact from the side

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

For those who have rum on ignore

He's posted nonsense
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

rumncoke wrote:Les Kiss re Mccloskey

"It's great to have that type of Player who has developed nicely" he said of the Bangor born centre who has impressed with his barn storming style this season . "When i was there last year he played some good football and took his opportunities. Then he had a few injuries in the middle of last year but he's started nicely this season .

"HE COULD PLAY AT NO 6 IF WE WANTED he is that sort of athlete. He's got a good range of skill sets -- but he's still learning the game.

Belfast Telegraph 1st Dec 2015 ( N.B. not the 1st of April ) >gimmefive
For the record I didn`t entirely scoff but from what I remember people were calling him to be a 7 as we lacked cover there.
I suggested he could be a 6 as it was the least technical of the back row positions but only if he was being overlooked as a centre or used a stop gap through multiple injuries.
Sam Burgess is an exampled of a talented player who tried both whilst in reality he should have really concentrated and mastered the one position and thats what I believe McCloskey should do as a centre.

Its one thing transfering from the backs to the forwards successfully as a school boy like Brian Robinson or forwards to a back like Jonah Lomu but I can`t think of too many examples of players who have done it successfully thereafter.
The big Aussie Fijian Radike Samo is one of the few examples of a player who could interchange between forwards and backs at the top level but I believe that he is one of the exceptions rather than the rule.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

for those who scoffed

Post by rumncoke »

My original suggestion was that McCloskey could have subbed Wilson Against Glasgow as ball carrier because FMW had been banned and Ulster needed a ball carrier

I don't remember allocating a number to his back because the modern game is role based rather than number based and the number is only relevant in set scrums
Eg Best plays Hooker as a ball winning back row rather than fringe the sides of the ruck
front row

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ever-decreasing-circles.jpg
ever-decreasing-circles.jpg (85.41 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
Wonder which of you wll be first to disappear up their own arsehole
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

images.jpg
images.jpg (5.14 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

at least he could show Diack how to take the ball forward in contact and also how to hold an opposing player up in the tackle..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Russ wrote:For those who have rum on ignore

He's posted nonsense
Can you put a whole thread on ignore?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cockatrice wrote:at least he could show Diack how to take the ball forward in contact and also how to hold an opposing player up in the tackle..
Rumncoke or bazzaj?
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

With a bit of refinement he could be a damn good centre, I assume this was a throwaway comment from Kiss and not something that's being thought about.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I just scoffed a burger and then I'm hitting a box of celebrations.

#forthosewhoscoffed
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
The attachment images.jpg is no longer available
I'll see you face plant & raise you a double.
doublefacepalm.jpg
doublefacepalm.jpg (54.72 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

To be clear rumn is speaking shíte to begin with, but I distinctly remember him labelling McCloskey as a potential 8, not a 6.
It's the hope that kills you.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HairyJ wrote:With a bit of refinement he could be a damn good centre, I assume this was a throwaway comment from Kiss and not something that's being thought about.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Rum only released Kiss from captivity when he gave this quote