Ospreys vs Ulster Sat 7th May 15:00 SS1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Ospreys vs Ulster Sat 7th May 15:00 SS1

Post by ruckover »

Surprised we're the Sky Sports game. Would have assumed that accolade would go to the top of the table clash between Connacht and Glasgow.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ospreys vs Ulster Sat 7th May 15:00 SS1

Post by justinr73 »

The maul disruptor looked to be in some pain when he went off.

Diack in at 6 next week if he doesn't make it?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I CANNOT express how painful it would be to lose to Ospreys after that great and unexpected display against Leinster!!!!! :banghead:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:The maul disruptor looked to be in some pain when he went off.

Diack in at 6 next week if he doesn't make it?
Personally I would rather not see Diack. He gave away a rather dumb penalty and I have run out of patience with the guy. Roger on the other hand looked powerful and very useful when he came on. Do not think he can do 80 mins though. I would be reluctant to play Hendo in the row but we have no other options. Roger to start might be the least worst option, Diack and Dow to the bench. Maybe Pete Browne will recover, his big soft body might heal quickly.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Diack in the second row, Henry 6, Reidy 7 and Henderson 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BBC have the game listed for Saturday as well as Sky. None of the other channels can confirmed which game they are showing, also nothing on Pro 12 site. The Sky presenter at the end of the coverage said no decision had been made on which game they were going to show.

Will be a tough game, Ospreys have still got a chance of Top 6, they need to win and hope Scarlets beat Munster. Obviously it would be excellent if Munster won from an Ulster POV - need to match Scarlets in terms of match points on Sat. If the 2 teams are tied on points, Scarlets win the tiebreaker as they have won more games.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:BBC have the game listed for Saturday as well as Sky. None of the other channels can confirmed which game they are showing, also nothing on Pro 12 site. The Sky presenter at the end of the coverage said no decision had been made on which game they were going to show.

Will be a tough game, Ospreys have still got a chance of Top 6, they need to win and hope Scarlets beat Munster. Obviously it would be excellent if Munster won from an Ulster POV - need to match Scarlets in terms of match points on Sat. If the 2 teams are tied on points, Scarlets win the tiebreaker as they have won more games.
With Munster needing the just as much as any team still in contention I will be amazed if they don't beat Scaaaaaaaaaaaaalets. The big Munster weakness is the scrum but they may be spared meeting Sampson Lee who went off with a head injury early and didn't return. That apart Munster looked in pretty decent form against Embra & the thought of missing out on the SDC will galvanise them.

If they do a number on Scaaaaaalets winning by 8 or more we are home in a boat but despite that, I am ready to become convinced that with the strength we have behind the scrum, that on a fast surface we can go to the Liberty and win. Ospreys are not a bad team, they've had a rough season, even yesterday they had what is far from their strongest team, it's an opportunity in a place we have won well besides some awful performances.

In the last 2 games Ruan seems to have hit his stride, Paddy has been superb this season almost without exception, 12 is a position of strength, I was one who would have preferred to see Olding start, at 13 Luke has been great this season but of course you don't lose much with Cave. We have 4 wingers ranging from superb to scary to touched with genius & the departing Scholes a very solid 4th choice. And behind all that we have the best, classiest and most talented full back that has ever played for Ulster, probably for Ireland even if the Mexican clown picking the national team refuses point blank to acknowledge it.

What Rum'n says about wet & dry balls is overstated, but not without merit, we are without doubt a top of the ground team, good conditions do suit us best. Let's hope for fine spring weather in the land of the slag heap next week.

Finally, I suspect many thought I had lost my remaining marble when I said I would happily take Clancy over Lacey. Well, I'd happily have Clanger next week too. I've said it before, he has improved, yesterday he was as decent as you can expect a ref to be. Gurning Mexicans may think he "does them", they are as one-eyed just as we are when we feel a ref has turned us over.
Maybe they should just take a look at just how cynical Bob's challenge was. He did what he did to prevent a try, simple, I would have backed Ruan to score, he was sharp as a tac yesterday.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Ruan showed a lot more willingness to back himself yesterday, something the Saffer fans have always complained about. He even made a few tackles but we don't want him doing that too much.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Deraless wrote:Ruan showed a lot more willingness to back himself yesterday, something the Saffer fans have always complained about. He even made a few tackles but we don't want him doing that too much.
Well, he didn't actually tackle many, but he got in the way quite a lot. As he does :lol: :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:BBC have the game listed for Saturday as well as Sky. None of the other channels can confirmed which game they are showing, also nothing on Pro 12 site. The Sky presenter at the end of the coverage said no decision had been made on which game they were going to show.
Chances are quite a few if not all the matches will be televised, Italians will have 1, BBC Wales, BBC Alba, BBC NI and Sky, even TG4 could be showing a match
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Good weather forecast this week in Swansea.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Rooster wrote:
Chances are quite a few if not all the matches will be televised, Italians will have 1, BBC Wales, BBC Alba, BBC NI and Sky, even TG4 could be showing a match
Interesting that BBC Alba have not been listed as showing any match considering importance of Glasgow's game and fact that Edinburgh have chance (very slim as it is) of making CC. Looks like TG4 may cover Connacht vs Glasgow and either BBC2W or S4C cover Munster vs Scarlets with the other one possibly covering Ospreys vs Ulster. Leinster game may be on Saorview red button as second half of Connacht's game was last Friday night.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

You'd think Sky would be able to cover two matches live. BT Sport are showing two games on four channels, Sky are showing one on five channels.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Moiraman wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Interesting that BBC Alba have not been listed as showing any match considering importance of Glasgow's game and fact that Edinburgh have chance (very slim as it is) of making CC. Looks like TG4 may cover Connacht vs Glasgow and either BBC2W or S4C cover Munster vs Scarlets with the other one possibly covering Ospreys vs Ulster. Leinster game may be on Saorview red button as second half of Connacht's game was last Friday night
TG4 have confirmed that they are showing the Connacht game, with a good chance that BBC ALBA will also be showing it. The Welsh channels have not confirmed anything yet.
Last edited by Neill_M on Mon May 02, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ruckover wrote:You'd think Sky would be able to cover two matches live. BT Sport are showing two games on four channels, Sky are showing one on five channels.
I have no doubt that Sky could show ALL matches on a combination of channels and red buttons, but they can only show what they are contractually allowed to show. If they had foreseen that there were so many permutations possible on the last day, they might have signed up and paid for more, but they could equally have ended up showing extra matches with everything already done and dusted, and little interest as a result.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right