Medical Joker?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

DavyG
Steward

Medical Joker?

Post by DavyG »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (58.84 KiB) Viewed 3665 times
:cheers:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Medical Joker?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good spot Davy. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Wouldn't necessarily assume that we have permission for a medical joker.

Possibly have to find the right player first and then ask permission from DN and that might depend on who the player is, but at least we seem to be looking.

On the other hand, it's possible that we have approval in principle, so long as the criteria in the advert are met?

Is there a player meets those criteria, and willing to come for a few months only?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That post was liked by some fella McCaw
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Pedrie
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Pedrie
Tag him
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I have made my opinion very clear on medical jokers so I will say no more. Whoever we sign I will welcome to the team with open arms but I'd rather we gave someone internal a chance instead.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Wouldn't necessarily assume that we have permission for a medical joker.

Possibly have to find the right player first and then ask permission from DN and that might depend on who the player is, but at least we seem to be looking.

On the other hand, it's possible that we have approval in principle, so long as the criteria in the advert are met?

Is there a player meets those criteria, and willing to come for a few months only?
So the way to do it is cart before the horse then? :roll:

Scott Higginbotham would more than likely be free for that period with a little bit of negotiation, I sure there are several South Africans who would be available. Super Rugby ends in July, provincial championship then take over. A decent player who as served his club well shouldn't have too much trouble getting a leave of absence if the money is right and he fancies a different experience.

Then of course, Tim Boyes may be free, he already knows most of the calls.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Wouldn't necessarily assume that we have permission for a medical joker.

Scott Higginbotham would more than likely be free for that period with a little bit of negotiation, I sure there are several South Africans who would be available. Super Rugby ends in July, provincial championship then take over. A decent player who as served his club well shouldn't have too much trouble getting a leave of absence if the money is right and he fancies a different experience.

Higginbothan would be a heck of a shout.

I'd imagine that Nuciwhatshisface, or Sauron to his friends, will require us to seek permission to look for someone and then have the appointment approved under his all seeing eye.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

As much as I like Pedrie, I hope we are aiming a lot higher than that, no disrespect to Pedrie but he is well past his sell by date. Not sure whither this guy has been signed on anywhere after his short term contract with Bath expires but Amanaki Mafi would do.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

There's a boy called Sean Reidy, I think he'd be worth a shot.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Not really. It's playing the system and going to Nucifora with a plan already in place and answers to questions that make it hard for him to say no. ...... after which he may well say no anyway, but it's probably better than going to him in the first instance with nothing and getting shot down before you even get started.
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Sun May 01, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Higginbothan would be a heck of a shout.

I'd imagine that Nuciwhatshisface, or Sauron to his friends, will require us to seek permission to look for someone and then have the appointment approved under his all seeing eye.
Sadly, with a little checking I see Higginbotham would not be available given he is committed in Japan & their season runs from November to January. That notwithstanding there will be players of that nature available, depends if they want a wee earner in their off-season.

I would largely agree with Ruckie about ideally filling the gaps from within, the problem being that we haven't seen enough of any of the likely young lads to assume they may cope with the demands of an SDC contest. If a good player with 20 plus Super rugby games behind him is available then given the level of player we are replacing I would go for it.

Maybe Ruchie would fancy a brief experience, just for a change of scene you understand. Maybe Nucifeckdog would approve him since he won't be playing international rugby.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cometh the hour, cometh the CRoss

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:There's a boy called Sean Reidy, I think he'd be worth a shot.
Will you be saying the same thing when after a couple of injuries we are down to Cross, Dow and Wilson during the AI window?