Pack for next season...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pack for next season...

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:If Clarke has a contract and nobody else wants him, he can stick around and clean the toilets or make the sandwiches for Willie Anderson. >EW
Big job, that. Lots of sandwiches.....

..... and they've all got to go somewhere.
I heard tell that sandwiches are a huge issue at Spanners, no better man for the job, sandwich control is vital and only those with a bona fide reason should be allowed to scoff them, better they go in the bin than fall into the wrong hands. My impression is that with Mr Clarke in charge the sandwiches would be properly looked after and accounted for.

Who knows maybe the forwards could have a range of related moves under his wise tutelage , the indefensible rollin' maul, the bap your opposite number at the first lineout (copyright Phil Matthews),the right biys soda scrum is wheeling blind, the confrontational you want a piece of me, the use yer loaf instruction. :duck:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm not condemning Ah-fu@k until I see more of him than I did with Connacht. For information purposes you may have noticed he played his few minutes at loosehead in the final and was not inconvenienced by Furlong.

In Rory I trust - tenuously in this case admittedly. And of course it would not be the first time that a player looked a different player with another club. I don't just mean our dear friend Rotund Nick, look at Thomas the Tank for example, surplus to requirements at Tiggers, a sensation at Exeter.

Rodders/Dave is clearly not in the mould for Pat Lam's plan, he wants mobile guys and Belham & the likes of Loughney & Buckley who clearly can scrummage a bot too. Doesn't absolutely mean he can't be made both fit & to fit with Ulster.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm not condemning Ah-fu@k until I see more of him than I did with Connacht. For information purposes you may have noticed he played his few minutes at loosehead in the final and was not inconvenienced by Furlong.

In Rory I trust - tenuously in this case admittedly. And of course it would not be the first time that a player looked a different player with another club. I don't just mean our dear friend Rotund Nick, look at Thomas the Tank for example, surplus to requirements at Tiggers, a sensation at Exeter.

Rodders/Dave is clearly not in the mould for Pat Lam's plan, he wants mobile guys and Belham & the likes of Loughney & Buckley who clearly can scrummage a bot too. Doesn't absolutely mean he can't be made both fit & to fit with Ulster.
I thought only a month or so ago we were being sold a grand vision of a lean mobile pack though.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I see Rory is on the side of a bus ...
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

therealspratt wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm not condemning Ah-fu@k until I see more of him than I did with Connacht. For information purposes you may have noticed he played his few minutes at loosehead in the final and was not inconvenienced by Furlong.

I thought only a month or so ago we were being sold a grand vision of a lean mobile pack though.
By whom? We don't have a ball handling 2nd row like Ally Muldowney, nor a Belham who is all over the pitch in our front five, our mobile game does not come from the front five, Connacht's involves their entire pack.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:

You may be confusing mobile back row with mobile pack. Front five need to offer something in the loose, but that doesn't necessarily require modility. Wiehahn who is as mobile as a oil tanker offers robust fringe defence, driving big men back from whence they came.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We need a couple of things to happen and we will be unstoppable.

1. Herbst doesn't get injured and remembers how to scrum. JD does a Nick on Rod.
2. Treadwell turns out to be a behemoth all tackling, massive carrier and destroyer of the ruck.
3. Academy backrow 6/8 bolter turns out to be the absolute shiz. I.e. Dow.

Not much to ask. If there is a rugby loving Jesus, make it happen.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

baggy… sandwiches are wonderful things you don't need a fork or a plate but they can get you into trouble...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:baggy… sandwiches are wonderful things you don't need a fork or a plate but they can get you into trouble...
eating another man's butty has always been a serious issue Cockers. It could pose a genuine threat to the piece process...... So it could.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:baggy… sandwiches are wonderful things you don't need a fork or a plate but they can get you into trouble...
eating another man's butty has always been a serious issue Cockers. It could pose a genuine threat to the piece process...... So it could.

Doesn't need a sandwich in the wrong hand to get a man into trouble. Many years ago a several times capped back row Ulster player was polishing off his scraw in Embra when a cheeky hand essayed attempted theft of a chip. Whammo, backrow's fork descended on would be casual thief's hand prongs first. He was a hungry lad Crosby. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:I see Rory is on the side of a bus ...
Should NEVER overtake on the inside, when bus is turning left!

Was the bus badly damaged?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:We need a couple of things to happen and we will be unstoppable.

1. Herbst doesn't get injured and remembers how to scrum. JD does a Nick on Rod.
2. Treadwell turns out to be a behemoth all tackling, massive carrier and destroyer of the ruck.

Just need Fit to sign up Carlsberg to sponsor the pack :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:We need a couple of things to happen and we will be unstoppable.

Just need Fit to sign up Carlsberg to sponsor the pack :thumleft:
I can walk across the street and ask them
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yeh I can see it now... Ulster the third best team in Ireland Probably !!!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Doesn't need a sandwich in the wrong hand to get a man into trouble. Many years ago a several times capped back row Ulster player was polishing off his scraw in Embra when a cheeky hand essayed attempted theft of a chip. Whammo, backrow's fork descended on would be casual thief's hand prongs first. He was a hungry lad Crosby. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wonder when people go and tell such sandwich stories do others look across the Irish Sea and think WTF....