Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Jared Payne
3%
Louis Ludik
37%
Darren Cave
7%
Stuart McCloskey
No votes
Stuart Olding
No votes
Rob Lyttle
1%
Charles Piutau
6%
Paddy Jackson
28%
Ruan Pienaar
6%
Andy Warwick
No votes
Callum Black
No votes
Rob Herring
No votes
Rory Best
No votes
Rodney Ah You
4%
Ross Kane
No votes
Alan O'Connor
No votes
Peter Browne
No votes
Franco van der Merwe
No votes
Iain Henderson
No votes
Sean Reidy
4%
Roger Wilson
1%
Clive Ross
1%

Total votes: 68

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ulsters most underated player....... Da da daaaa Ludik. Quality smart non stop. I also thpught Reidy had a class game.

CP is sheer gold, but im going out on a limb here.... I dont think hes fit enough yet.... He drops off 2nd half of games... NH rugby can be very demanding, but ecerytime he gets the ball.... Wow.... And Girrid HAS to stay at 15, not even CP runs his lines.....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I totally agree with the comments about Ludik.
He is becoming a vital squad member to us and provides the sort of quality in squad depth that we have lacked in the past.

Hasn't been mentioned yet but the same can be said of Reidy now who was terrific and you can't win in Glasgow if your 7 doesn't front up.

Very hard to call but in truth it was one of those 1-15 efforts so I couldn't actually argue against anyone getting it.
Apart from if it was a Glasgow player.
Rule 1 of appointing the mom is they generally come from the winning team.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Dave wrote:Puitau for me, he was unplayable at times.

Plenty of contenders in the pack too. Really aggressive display from 1-8.
im sure that's why Sarto just shat himself and pretended to collapse like a sack of spuds when Charles was going for the corner and the pen try was given. The ref knew what would have happened if he hadn't been fouledImage
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Even BBC Scotland is full of praise and indeed their match report comes over as a bit shell shocked by Ulsters first half performance. They really were up for it, first time in ages I've seen such a dominant pack performance from Ulster, was it the chosen players or just attitude?
Henderson kept us on top at crucial moments in the second half-as did Pete but I'd go with Ludik.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Reidy for me
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kiss for pulling the whole thing together and getting plan and attitudes correct
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I'm sure all the fans who said,
1) Who is Louis Ludik?
2) Why are we signing someone from the French 2nd division?
3)We are Ulster we should be signing better than this guy who can't even get a SA cap

anyway Louis Ludik my MOTM, never has let Ulster down, equally at home at fullback, in the centres, on the wing or packing down in the backrow >EW . On current form Ireland caps await when he qualifies next season, great signing by Humphs and an absolute magical re-signing by Bryn to persuade the IRFU to allow us the extra project player, another in a long list of South African players who are and always will be Ulstermen.... Alan O'Connor pushed him close for my MOTM, at last a real dog in the Ulster pack.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Time you included an "all of the above" option in the poll, Fermain. :lol: :lol:
(and occasionally a "none of the above")

Okay, if pushed I will opt for PJ, but it was tight between him and several others, esp Louis
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Ludik. Brilliant performance amid a good team effort.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

scrum5 wrote:I'm sure all the fans who said,
1) Who is Louis Ludik?
3)We are Ulster we should be signing better than this guy who can't even get a SA cap

anyway Louis Ludik my MOTM, never has let Ulster down, equally at home at fullback, in the centres, on the wing or packing down in the backrow >EW . On current form Ireland caps await when he qualifies next season, great signing by Humphs and an absolute magical re-signing by Bryn to persuade the IRFU to allow us the extra project player, another in a long list of South African players who are and always will be Ulstermen.... Alan O'Connor pushed him close for my MOTM, at last a real dog in the Ulster pack.
Have to say, the Daves (with a few notable exceptions) have been considerably better of late.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
scrum5 wrote:I'm sure all the fans who said,
1) Who is Louis Ludik?

Have to say, the Daves (with a few notable exceptions) have been considerably better of late.
Have the Daves not all been purged?
Not Doc Dave obviously. He's a purger rather than a purgee.

Shanahan's only a wee Dave
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Just catching up on the game now but just to comment on Ludik. He reminds me of Bryn Cunningham, plays with real heart and as dependable as you like. Won't set the world alight but a vital player to have.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

222toHounslow wrote:Reidy for me
Reidy as I'll ever be
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Would go with Ludik. He is rock solid, but he occasionally does set the world alight too. Magnificent defender and deceptively quick too. He probably won't make the Euro match-day 15 if everyone is fit but he is a cert for the bench.

Wouldn't argue with almost anyone. Not Ruan's best game, and given Charless's sky-high standards, and the fact he'll have many MOTMs, I would rule them out. But lots of options esp AOC, Reidy, Pads and Jared. High standard all over and subs made an impact.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Puitau, Ah You, Reidy, Payne...

Also Loooduck was gud eh.