Sean Dougall

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: Sean Dougall

Post by againstthehead »

Remember him being pretty useful for Munster. Good squad signing for sure.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Did I read a few weeks back that Josh Van Der Flier might not be getting a central contract down D4 way... and thus may be unable to keep him?

Sean Dougall is all right - a good solid addition. But Van Der Flier...
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

JVDF a Wesley man just like big Phil Orr :thumleft: , so he'd fit right in....
That would be worth a season ticket. We can but dream.... Magnificent player, should be starting open side for Ireland.
Exterminate all rational thought
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Amiga500 wrote:Did I read a few weeks back that Josh Van Der Flier might not be getting a central contract down D4 way... and thus may be unable to keep him?

If Leinster want to keep him they will, anyway don't think Ulster could bid for him until he actually turns down a Leinster offer or they don't offer him a contract, he can however talk to other clubs outside Ireland.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:Did I read a few weeks back that Josh Van Der Flier might not be getting a central contract down D4 way... and thus may be unable to keep him?

If Leinster want to keep him they will, anyway don't think Ulster could bid for him until he actually turns down a Leinster offer or they don't offer him a contract, he can however talk to other clubs outside Ireland.
Josh is the best openside in Ireland, if he were to be available and persuadable, bingo.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Josh is the best openside in Ireland, if he were to be available and persuadable, bingo.
But Snipe if Leinster say offer him 200k and an AP side offers 240k he will have to turn down Leinster offer for the bigger one and already be signed before we could even try and beat the 240k at which stage it is too late. Only way we can do a deal is if Leinster release him at the end of contract and he has not signed with someone else then we can start negotiation, it's a flaw in the system to try and keep players in their province.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We couldn't even sign Jordi ffs. No chance of him leaving Leinster. If he's young, hungry and loves playing for his province then I'm sure whatever he's getting is plenty. Probably we will see him being linked with a host of premiership clubs and then he gets his central contract.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:

But Snipe if Leinster say offer him 200k and an AP side offers 240k he will have to turn down Leinster offer for the bigger one and already be signed before we could even try and beat the 240k at which stage it is too late. Only way we can do a deal is if Leinster release him at the end of contract and he has not signed with someone else then we can start negotiation, it's a flaw in the system to try and keep players in their province.
It's a damned stupid situation, but given the involvement of the IRFU, shouldn't be a surprise.
If there's a will to keep him under IRFU control, surely an accommodation could be cobbled together. I'll not be holding my breath.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:We couldn't even sign Jordi ffs. No chance of him leaving Leinster. If he's young, hungry and loves playing for his province then I'm sure whatever he's getting is plenty. Probably we will see him being linked with a host of premiership clubs and then he gets his central contract.
Thought Van der Flier was a Munsterman, pinched when in the Leinster school system..... not that it matters.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:

It's a damned stupid situation, but given the involvement of the IRFU, shouldn't be a surprise.
If there's a will to keep him under IRFU control, surely an accommodation could be cobbled together. I'll not be holding my breath.
The time Tommy went to Ospreys as he was on central contract Ulster couldn't even offer to top up his wages to match, he probably would have gone anyway but that was the fact at the time.
Different for Leinster though as they got outside help with Heaslip and Sexton at least
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

On the other hand if VDF went to Leinster and asked to be transferred to Ulster they might let him go but IRFU would cap our wages at same level as Leinster would offer as far as I understand
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Until Monaghan, Cavan, Donegal and Fermangh start producing pro rugby players we're doomed..... Logan has a plan.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:We couldn't even sign Jordi ffs. No chance of him leaving Leinster. If he's young, hungry and loves playing for his province then I'm sure whatever he's getting is plenty. Probably we will see him being linked with a host of premiership clubs and then he gets his central contract.
Thought Van der Flier was a Munsterman, pinched when in the Leinster school system..... not that it matters.
Haven't a clue, they are all the same to me.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Comes from Wicklow so last time I looked that was in Leinster
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Leinster can do what they want. No way will he be leaving the ladyboys
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'