Sean Dougall

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Sean Dougall

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:On the other hand if VDF went to Leinster and asked to be transferred to Ulster they might let him go but IRFU would cap our wages at same level as Leinster would offer as far as I understand
Doesn't sit too well with the Nucifuhrer notion of distributing the talent and keeping it in Ireland. Legally questionable too.
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Until Monaghan, Cavan, Donegal and Fermangh start producing pro rugby players we're doomed..... Logan has a plan.
Apparently there are a couple of big locks coming out of Virginia with great ball handling skills on account of them being GAA schoolboys who grew too big. No idea of the names.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:We couldn't even sign Jordi ffs. No chance of him leaving Leinster. If he's young, hungry and loves playing for his province then I'm sure whatever he's getting is plenty. Probably we will see him being linked with a host of premiership clubs and then he gets his central contract.
Thought Van der Flier was a Munsterman, pinched when in the Leinster school system..... not that it matters.
Comes from Wicklow so last time I looked that was in Leinster
Sounds like a Franco-Belgian to me but as my dad was a Wicklow Mexican yip, he's Mexican through and through.

PS who started this crap? There is not a chance of him leaving Mexico. And whoever said it is right, he should start 7 for Ireland, best by a distance....... but oh no, Schmidt has to pick his wee favourites.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

After SOB's comments on the difference between Leinster and Ireland I fully expect Josh to get his run. :lol:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

What did he say Santa?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Post reply for some reason disappeared from my 'UAFC' - no idea but excuse the time delay. This morning in the Independant, Times and 42 it was reported that SOB said Leo lets them play what's in front of them unlike Ireland where they are more restricted and playing to patterns. The article is no longer on 'NewsNow' or I would have posted it but that was the gist. who'd a thunk? :roll:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:What did he say Santa?
http://www.the42.ie/leinster-attack-ire ... 0-Apr2017/

Not much.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

There is an article on the42

http://www.the42.ie/leinster-attack-ire ... 0-Apr2017/
I suppose you’ve more of a license with the way we are playing now with Leinster than we do at international level,” said O’Brien
It's all quite bland player interview stuff... nothing like "Schmidt is basically Hitler and won't let us play how we want".
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Thank you, guys. Yes, a "nothing to see here" few comments on the face of it ......................just as long as schoolmaster Schmidt, he of the iron grip on adherence to his plan, doesn't decide to take it thick. If he does he will once more have had the luck that gave him POM against England, in the promotion of DVF to the position in which he is the best in the country other than in Schmidt's eyes. The man is a ballix.

I was really listening to the commentary on Saturday, was there much mention of Stuart Lancaster's Leinster? English gobshites - no offence Justin. >EW
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

None taken.

The Sarries love-in was also nauseating, despite them only getting away from a mid-table Pro 12 side in the last few minutes.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

OK, so seen this there 2 mins ago.

http://www.the42.ie/leinster-leavy-cona ... 9-Apr2017/

I noted who wasn't listed... Van Der Flier.

So went digging to see when he'd last have signed a contract, and it appears to be just a year ago.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ne ... st-england

Basically then, what I'd heard (or misinterpreted) a few weeks back was a load of balls.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Are we talking to Dom Ryan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Amiga500 wrote:OK, so seen this there 2 mins ago.

So went digging to see when he'd last have signed a contract, and it appears to be just a year ago.

Basically then, what I'd heard (or misinterpreted) a few weeks back was a load of balls.
Was it not a 1 year contract though ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Amiga500 wrote:OK, so seen this there 2 mins ago.

The most disappointing thing about this article was the reminder that only a year ago, Mick McCarthy was still starting for Ireland in competitive internationals...
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Rooster wrote:Was it not a 1 year contract though ?
Dunno. Would be a bit surprising given he was a rising star at the time.

(Unless he knew his own worth would appreciate significantly over the next 12 months, and negotiated accordingly. Risky for a youngster in a notoriously attritional sport.)