Munster versus a side they are expected to beat.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

namron
Warrior Chief

Re: Munster versus a side they are expected to beat.

Post by namron »

Agreed. I have had some great crack with Munster supporters ,given the odd ones can be a pain in the Brennan but then again We have a few buffoons in white as well. The axle comment was both tasteless misjudged and without empathy to both the real rugby fans on this site and to Munster supporters.
I hope Munster kick Sarries round the paddock without mercy. To be diplomatic the Fezheads are not a team of which I am overly fond . Gwan Mumha !
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Not very clever BSC, thought you were better than that.

Moving on but vaguely on the same subject, I have to say that I too have come across a couple of clowns over the years but for every clown I've met dozens great Munster supporters who go out of their way to be fair to opposition supporters. I was a Twickenham for their losing final in 2000 and at both their wins in Cardiff in 2006 and 2008 and their fans were just as good company both times.

Frankly, I've always loved Munster rugby and what it means to fans and players alike. I admire their will to win...... if only we could produce something similar.

Then again we have a bizarre set up that appears to me to represent a D4 plant in charge. How else can you explain repeated selections that make no sense from an Ulster perspective but could make some sense if you are interested in serving the greater master - Team Ireland.

I have become less than certain that the right people are being sacked/not recontracted. My latest hope is that within the next 12 months that Jono Gibbes may become El Supremo. Until recently I was all for seeing Kiss with his own coaches, recent selections have baffled me, I believe Kiss has cost us several points in the league which ultimately will mean we either won't make the semi or will be cannon fodder with no decent form behind us and the wrong players in many positions.

I formally join Dave in his call, #fcukoffLes.

FOL ,yer a fuc'king numpty, yer a Dublin plant and ye don't give a flying fuc'k about Ulster. #Schmidtplant #Nuciforabitch.

I fear that although not 100%, ExileonMainStreet was not far from the truth.

I believe Ulster are on a dangerous precipice, e-geek must go. Poor selection, get out, we don't need a D4 plant, we need someone to pick the best team for Ulster, not a wan'kstain who does Dublin's bidding. #fcukoffles.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Baggy - I think Ulster just need a good coach or two to come in and lay it down. Munster were all over the place not that long ago. I remember being at games where it looked like they hadn't a scooby and were not shedding tears. Some dead wood was cut away and a guy arrived who takes no excuses and all of a sudden thunderbirds are go. Munster players in general are not better individually than Ulster players. Building a winning culture with zero tolerance of lack of commitment is not simple but it is needed.

I suppose now I am gloating again.......
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Not very clever BSC, thought you were better than that.

Moving on but vaguely on the same subject, I have to say that I too have come across a couple of clowns over the years but for every clown I've met dozens great Munster supporters who go out of their way to be fair to opposition supporters. I was a Twickenham for their losing final in 2000 and at both their wins in Cardiff in 2006 and 2008 and their fans were just as good company both times.

Frankly, I've always loved Munster rugby and what it means to fans and players alike. I admire their will to win...... if only we could produce something similar.

Then again we have a bizarre set up that appears to me to represent a D4 plant in charge. How else can you explain repeated selections that make no sense from an Ulster perspective but could make some sense if you are interested in serving the greater master - Team Ireland.

I have become less than certain that the right people are being sacked/not recontracted. My latest hope is that within the next 12 months that Jono Gibbes may become El Supremo. Until recently I was all for seeing Kiss with his own coaches, recent selections have baffled me, I believe Kiss has cost us several points in the league which ultimately will mean we either won't make the semi or will be cannon fodder with no decent form behind us and the wrong players in many positions.

I formally join Dave in his call, #fcukoffLes.

FOL ,yer a fuc'king numpty, yer a Dublin plant and ye don't give a flying fuc'k about Ulster. #Schmidtplant #Nuciforabitch.

I fear that although not 100%, ExileonMainStreet was not far from the truth.

I believe Ulster are on a dangerous precipice, e-geek must go. Poor selection, get out, we don't need a D4 plant, we need someone to pick the best team for Ulster, not a wan'kstain who does Dublin's bidding. #fcukoffles.
Even for those who still support Les as DoR, it is undeniable that his appointment was an experiment. An FIRFU call that always had the whiff of a sideways move. Had he been crucial to the Ireland setup, Joe would not have let him go. That made him surplus to Joe's long-term master plan at least. I don't think that the FIRFU appeared to have actively sought to get rid, but rather the opportunity arose and someone put Les' name forward. Goodbye without a fight.

My hope is now firmly placed in our new Lord and saviour, St Jono of Gibbes. I hope this man is the bees ballix. His coaching resume is impressive and his ability to motivate men will be severely tested. I've no faith in Les and I seriously hope he doesn't get in the way.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:Baggy - I think Ulster just need a good coach or two to come in and lay it down. Munster were all over the place not that long ago. I remember being at games where it looked like they hadn't a scooby and were not shedding tears. Some dead wood was cut away and a guy arrived who takes no excuses and all of a sudden thunderbirds are go. Munster players in general are not better individually than Ulster players. Building a winning culture with zero tolerance of lack of commitment is not simple but it is needed.

I suppose now I am gloating again.......
Exactly on the head there Shan, thing is we have booted 2 coaches out of 3 and my big fear is we actually booted only one correct one and kept one we should have booted, I thought this a year ago and it is becoming clearer as time goes on.
It is pretty well known that Clarke and Doak don't really bring out the best in each other so better that one goes for everyones benefit including the pair of them, Kiss was supposed to be the big white hope but we seem to have regressed since he actually appeared, start of season we were looking ok then Joe Barakat left and it has really gone downhill since the time he said he was going, I have no idea what that was all about but it does seem more than he got another job at home.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I can see where you're coming from fellas.

On the other hand, had Paddy kicked 2 pens that he damn well should have kicked we'd have beaten Munster twice, not to mention the Reidy debacle at Scarlets.

The shocking drops on Saturday were not down to gym work over skills work either. Player error not coaching error.

I still play cricket and never train at all - I only play matches. I'm 43 and have not dropped a skyer for years. The ball is about a 10th the size of a rugby ball. It's about taking responsibility.

The clanger by Olding just before half time nearly cost us a try but certainly cost us momentum and impetus.

The players need to take a good, hard look at themselves. Les is possibly too nice but I'm hopeful the new boys will mesh well with him next season.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

justinr73 wrote:I can see where you're coming from fellas.

On the other hand, had Paddy kicked 2 pens that he damn well should have kicked we'd have beaten Munster twice, not to mention the Reidy debacle at Scarlets.

The shocking drops on Saturday were not down to gym work over skills work either. Player error not coaching error.

I still play cricket and never train at all - I only play matches. I'm 43 and have not dropped a skyer for years. The ball is about a 10th the size of a rugby ball. It's about taking responsibility.

The clanger by Olding just before half time nearly cost us a try but certainly cost us momentum and impetus.

The players need to take a good, hard look at themselves. Les is possibly too nice but I'm hopeful the new boys will mesh well with him next season.
Basic errors such as dropping the pill comes down to poor mental application IMHO. If you want a 'big game', eg an important 6 nations game or a European games - the error rate is often very very low. Even if Ulster are playing... The guys are 'switched on' and focused. It's trying to instill that commitment and focus week in, week out that is a challenge. Whilst I don't think Ulster have an amazing team by any means, I reckon with the right coaches and captain/player leadership group they could improve significantly - basically what Munster have done over the season.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I contend that Kiss was sent here as nothing more than a safe "friend of D4", a man with no experience as a main coach, a disciple of Schmidt and by extension Nucifora, who they could rely upon to do what he's told.

Far too many peculiar selections in his tenure, he lost us a quarter final in the SDC last year with perhaps his dumbest selection, probably a semi this year in the league. He is currently selecting younger IQ players ahead of better players, yet when it comes to the much younger players, no sign of Rea, Timony gets the Dow 15 minutes of fame and our top try scorer can't get a start for love nor money, yet is part of a bench selection of two back three players, Charles's was wasted at 15 for 4 or 5 months, often to the exclusion of Louis Ludik, who after being our best player this year before injury is surplus to requirements and like Cave and Franco, cannot even get a look in.

That's a good part of the rap sheet, I'm seeing a man who hasn't got a bloody clue dragging Ulster down.

Like Rooster I believe the wrong man is going, I'm now convinced what what exiled said about coaches not being allowed to coach is true and that we now have a no mark fully running the show and driving off the cliff face.

The Doak/ Clarke debacle had me blind to the obvious, it appears that if 2 rather than 3 were to go then the man who most needs to go remains the top man though on what sort of licence from D4 remains to be seen.

FOL.

If those in charge at UR, be that Fit or Bryn in rugby terms don't see the problem Ulster are in for a bumpie ride, endless disappointment and ultimately diminishing crowds we are in bigger trouble still. They need to understand not to take the attendance figures and loyalty for granted and understand that a lame duck DOR could bring the house down as happened in the past and elsewhere on this island.

Concerned of Bangor.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:At the start of another potentially poor season, there wasn’t much peep from the turnips. ># >TT >#
For shame, Culchie, for shame!!

Bang out of order - can't even bring myself to quote your words.

For shame !!! :evil:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right