Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:Must say I'm sorry you guys feel unable to continue to support the team in this way. You're (mostly) clearly committed supporters so I suppose I find it a bit strange that you aren't coming back to Ravers.
For me, I'll still be rolling up to every home match I can get to as well as the odd away one.
Having supported Malone through a lot of rough seasons over the last few decades, I suppose I'm used to a degree of failure along with the occasional good year. But I'll be at Gibson Park and Ravenhill until I die (or my brain is fried, whichever comes first).
SUFTUM!
Fact is Rocky, if I were about here for the season I would renew without question. For me, meeting friends is a big deal to go alongside the match, indeed over the last couple of seasons under the reign of the clown it's been the highlight of the night, but I suppose many of these miscreants who are deserting the ship are first cousins of Norman Nomates. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lang mae yer lumb reek. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

The ship is deserting me Baggy.... The club i loved is terminal and and riddled. And is determined not to take its meds or get better.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:The ship is deserting me Baggy.... The club i loved is terminal and and riddled. And is determined not to take its meds or get better.
It's out for the season. ACL done..both of them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:The ship is deserting me Baggy.... The club i loved is terminal and and riddled. And is determined not to take its meds or get better.
:shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

Truth is, I don't give a fūck anymore, treated like idiots by Ulster Rugby, sorry guys but your product is brad pitt. i am out, going to watch the Giants
You may know my sister, Dot
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Genuinely shocked and saddened by the numbers saying they won't renew.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I’m genuinely shocked that anyone would admit to watching the Giants.
I’ll renew, as the fruit of my loins will be returning from Lioneland after finishing Uni and he has missed his Friday nights spent with his aul Da at Spanners. I’ve tried telling him how bad things are, but he refuses to believe Ulster Rugby don’t care about the supporters enough to fix the omnishambles which they created. So I’ll be buying two season tickets.
I’ll admit to a perverse curiosity in watching at close quarters our Club fall apart year on year. I take no pleasure in it. On the contrary, it’s painful to observe but part of me thinks this clusterfeck can’t be illimitable.
I live quite close to Spanners and it’s not such an effort for me to get there, but I can see how those supporters who travel long distances, at quite some strain on their walking around money, would be considering throwing in the towel. On the other hand, they live in cheaper houses in Culchieville and pay buttons for their rates, so they should either toughen up and stop gurnin or move to the leafy suburbs of East Belfast like sensible people.
I’ll wait...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Dave wrote:UTID
Dave, yoU typed a D instead of a T....hope this helps :D
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:Genuinely shocked and saddened by the numbers saying they won't renew.
The Band
Sack the band and the matchday experience could be tolerable

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tender wrote:I’m genuinely shocked that anyone would admit to watching the Giants.
I’ll renew, as the fruit of my loins will be returning from Lioneland after finishing Uni and he has missed his Friday nights spent with his aul Da at Spanners. I’ve tried telling him how bad things are, but he refuses to believe Ulster Rugby don’t care about the supporters enough to fix the omnishambles which they created. So I’ll be buying two season tickets.
I’ll admit to a perverse curiosity in watching at close quarters our Club fall apart year on year. I take no pleasure in it. On the contrary, it’s painful to observe but part of me thinks this clusterfeck can’t be illimitable.
I live quite close to Spanners and it’s not such an effort for me to get there, but I can see how those supporters who travel long distances, at quite some strain on their walking around money, would be considering throwing in the towel. On the other hand, they live in cheaper houses in Culchieville and pay buttons for their rates, so they should either toughen up and stop gurnin or move to the leafy suburbs of East Belfast like sensible people.
I’ll wait...
You're Paddy Jackson. I knew it

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I'll probably renew bit want UR to sweat for a while. Stupid i know but they are my team. They need to get the message however that supporters can't be taken for granted and that all the periphery stuff is just noise. Having no band, no prosecco bar, no q radio $hite will not affect numbers through the gate. It is on the pitch that matters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I genuinely don’t know. 50 odd of us head up from Jenny Watts and by the sound of things, a 16 seater might do next year.

I’ll keep my powder dry until the end of the season to see if there are any green shoots of hope. I’m like Baggy in the sense of it’s a social thing but the atmosphere is dung. I’d do time for the bloody band.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

They are thick enough to think that they need MORE of the periphery stuff like QRadio, bands, WiFi etc to entice supporters back.

Rugby is secondary, get the bins sponsored.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Most of the off-field things that annoy me about matches are the club trying to copy The Giants. Why would I want to stop the rugby and instead go to see them?

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:I'll probably renew bit want UR to sweat for a while. Stupid i know but they are my team. They need to get the message however that supporters can't be taken for granted and that all the periphery stuff is just noise. Having no band, no prosecco bar, no q radio $hite will not affect numbers through the gate. It is on the pitch that matters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nothing stupid about that Jean, they are my team too and whilst there is much heart-rending and panty soiling about things being terminal, I don't believe that. Indeed the numbers of those who think things have come to total disaster probably suggests too many bought into Terry WD Slogan's WD bullshite. Ulster are in a crap place but we've been there before.

If folk, not FOLK, are only interested if we are contending permanently for tin pots, their choice, but hardly suggests support. We know that things are changing, the question is will they be the changes that will make a difference. I need to see Terry gone & want to see what happens with the two young gentlemen, then whatever the new structure will be, I'll decide finally then.

I understand people like Snipe making a fair ould trapse to watch it and wondering if it's worth it, people within easy striking distance less so. Each to their own I suppose at the end of the day & the going down of the sun.

For me, a rise to simple mediocrity would probably see me interested again.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.