Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote: For me, a rise to simple mediocrity would probably see me interested again.
As I said in an earlier post, I don't even ask this much; I just want to be able to believe in the direction of travel.

I'll happily (well not all that happily) watch us lose half our home games if I think things are heading the right way on and off the pitch
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Jackie Brown wrote:They are thick enough to think that they need MORE of the periphery stuff like QRadio, bands, WiFi etc to entice supporters back.

Rugby is secondary, get the bins sponsored.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
They already are by some re-cycling company. Pity they didn't provide the re-cycling coaches instead!

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I realise that once you sad that's it I've had enough there are some whose reaction is ... well feck you don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If I can just add for what it's worth I've been coming to Ravers since 1973, dragged by my granddad and his brother who played for Ulster and Ireland with the legendary Kyle - I was destined to learn to be a fan ... not as long as some here but long enough to suggest I'm not a blow in ... seen some awesome players, been at the Hill when there was 2 men and a dog in attendance. Even did the old score board on a regular basis, 5 quid I got for that each match. Was there through the mighty 80s, Jim Nielly's hut. Crossan corner. Some great days, nights and a memorable Sunday! Seen us win many interpros, a Euro cup a league and a Celtic thing, seen us lose, play like drains and punch above our weight. I remember the feeling of happiness coming home from school and me ma had bought tickets for me and my da to head off on a Friday night this was way before the league was dreamed up - best of times great memories. I've taken my kids rain hail or snow to watch the team.

BUT ....

The utter dross being served up now by incredibly well paid chancers in a wanna be cross between Disneyland and the Giants match with a feckin band pumping out shyte at regular intervals while being preached at that UR have Rugby Values that basically nobody keeps but it's a great sound bite to let on we've some virtue left in the walls sickens me. We the 'fans' are getting more an more like football thugs - defend anything our lot do say or play like. Call for murder or worse on anyone outside our tribe.

Nah folks if you think todays Ulster Rugby bares any resemblance to the team I followed from I was a wee nipper you are more deluded than I am.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Even Jonno is out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

You don’t have to be a season ticket holder to be a supporter and I suspect there are more than a few do it to ensure tickets for the big European games.. now watch that space if we don’t make the big boys league... to others it is convenient and there many who like their same seat week on week...

Whilst I too go to meet up with old friends have a chat and enjoy an entertaining game it has almost to the match gone downhill since that Sarries match... I was speaking to a fellow grandfather who says taking his grandkids to a Friday night experience is the best part of a hundred quid on tickets plus nearly as much by the time they all fleece him for burgers and pizzas... it’s not the same for all of us but £200 quid to watch this shyte doesn’t make sence to everyone...

Ulster knows it takes the on field product to drive the off field activities but they have failed to deliver and the result will have an impact... note to season ticket holders there is a great black market out there in freebies if you know where to look or who to sleep with.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:Most of the off-field things that annoy me about matches are the club trying to copy The Giants. Why would I want to stop the rugby and instead go to see them?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Just go watch Hinch or Banbridge. They play more passionate rugby anyway

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:
Deraless wrote:Most of the off-field things that annoy me about matches are the club trying to copy The Giants. Why would I want to stop the rugby and instead go to see them?

Just go watch Hinch or Banbridge. They play more passionate rugby anyway

I often do!

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OK, another factor regarding renewing, Jono fu@king Gibbes. Now I can understand that probably he doesn't want his coaching recorded sullied, but what in the name of Blue Fu'ck is the real story here?

I could never fathom him leaving Clermont to come to a team that Kiss was very clearly dragging down. Why would a coach with a successful career to that? It has never made any sense to me though my suspicion was he was on a promise somehow with Schmidt, so my one plausible reason was bullshite.

Being the most optimistic of pessimists I hope, only hope you understand, not expect, that a new DOR/Head Coach has been sounded out but wants his own men. That at least would end the cycle of coaches being lumbered with whoever they inherited.

That said, I doubt that is the case, I'd put money on it not being the case.

Please understand Fleg that I am not unsympathetic to your story, simply I would be one of themins who will turn up to an Ulster game with a soul full of hope, exiting usually with a hole full of soap from the ingrained acceptance that more often than not we will not be world beaters and yes, the extraneous bullshite like the Q-chube and that fu@king band of numpties with the brass necks and the pisspoor repertoire boils my pish, but I suppose them as runs/ruins the place can point to crowds that they only imagined for run of the mill games when the ground was redeveloped. Who knows, maybe the high heedjins hate the band too but do not wish to drive out the "eventers".

Our coaching situation resembles a merry-go-round at a funfair and Ulster Rugby and the faithful are being spit-roasted, done to a frigging turn, basted and crisped. I feel as if someone has just fisted my jaxi, sans-lube, I want to hit someone or something. My depression is coming up from the south and promises heavy showers of further misery, with red mist so I'm issuing a red alert storm warning for any fu@ker that crosses me this day. >threaten

Luckily I'm heading to my mate the Fenian peeler's house tonight and have purchased a veritable cornucopia of beery delights, mainly various stouts, with which to get ratarsed. I've even bought some milk stout to channel my inner Ena Sharples, Niall can be Mini Cod'l, hairnet superfluous, but at the ready.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

ulsternewstand.JPG
ulsternewstand.JPG (137.93 KiB) Viewed 652 times
At this rate will be a lot more standing room on the terraces next year....
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Having been forced to mis a number of games through health problems this season I have been forced to take a different perspective on being a ST holder.

I would need some form of reassurance on performance and commitment of the team before making the commitment to buy a ST. No longer the need to have a ST as Kingspan not selling out, I admit it is convenient but so is TV.
The news of Gibbes departure is another reason not to renew, certainly not before 28April and even then I would be looking for more attractive terms from UR.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'll probably renew mainly because it's my main father daughter time. I won't feel good about meself mind.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

My renewal would cost the guts of £500.

That would get me 3 return flights to Odessa.

That's all I'm saying.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So it's the same price as last year (Prom), but with a home game less and not knowing which European competition they will be in. The bring a friend thing to cover the home game is a nonsense and flawed if you have a seat - just adjust the price for the lost game.

They are planning to charge the same rate for Euro games regardless of whether it is the Heineken/Parker Pen which is just wrong. The league games already have a pricing system (Interpros and the Glasgow game more expensive than the other games) Charging the same for a game v Racing 92 and for one v Enisei - STM from Russia for example - NO.

With the news about Gibbes this morning, the question has to be asked - was the ST renewal period opened yesterday with Ulster already aware of his departure?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:So it's the same price as last year (Prom), but with a home game less and not knowing which European competition they will be in. The bring a friend thing to cover the home game is a nonsense and flawed if you have a seat - just adjust the price for the lost game.

They are planning to charge the same rate for Euro games regardless of whether it is the Heineken/Parker Pen which is just wrong. The league games already have a pricing system (Interpros and the Glasgow game more expensive than the other games) Charging the same for a game v Racing 92 and for one v Enisei - STM from Russia for example - NO.

With the news about Gibbes this morning, the question has to be asked - was the ST renewal period opened yesterday with Ulster already aware of his departure?
When did Glasgae get "promoted" to Cat A status?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Merv I think it's more like we got demoted to Cat Shyte status.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"